Windows 10: Gpu causing wifi to be slow and drop in speed?

Discus and support Gpu causing wifi to be slow and drop in speed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made a thread before trying to resolve this problem, I only figured out yesterday that if i switch to my onboard graphics, my wifi works fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by losingmymind, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Gpu causing wifi to be slow and drop in speed?

I made a thread before trying to resolve this problem, I only figured out yesterday that if i switch to my onboard graphics, my wifi works fine. However on linux I can use my dedicated gpu and have no issues, it only occurs on windows, anyone know whats going on?

:)

losingmymind, Feb 25, 2017

2. Graphics Card Slow

I recently installed a new gpu i install all the driver and works great but after 30mins performance drops. the only way to fix this is to reinstall windows which is a pain. i want a permanent fix to this i have tried customer service but after them doing
    loads of stuff to my pc it still runs slow. please help me fix this. i think when i install a driver update maybe a setting is getting overidden and making the gpu slow after 30mins but this might not be the case. please help!

CavingGaming, Feb 25, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    CPU and GPU clock speeds drop under load

Sure sounds like an overheating issue. Temp rises instantly & shuts down speed then computer next usually.

Perhaps its time to take apart the computer and clean fan and vents & heat sink and use some fresh cpu heatsink compound.

'Mike P, Feb 25, 2017
  4. Gpu causing wifi to be slow and drop in speed?

Hi losingmymind

While I can't explain at a technical level why linux drivers work and Windows doesn't, I have to believe it is the electrical interference being generated by your graphics card. There was a thread where a members wifi wouldn't work when it was installed near his 10TB hdd. As soon as he got separation it worked.

I don't believe he posted back solution but suggestion was to create separation. Move the HDD to another location in case, route cables as far away as possible from hdd etc. I know moving a graphic card is really not an option but can you reroute any cabling associated with Wifi. As well can you get separation from GPU with antenna location.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 26, 2017
  5. clam1952 Win User
    Electrical interference? more likely to be Radio Frequency Interference which could affect the Wifi Card in Linux as well unless it's related to the frequency the card is operating on, maybe check if the card is using the same frequency in Linux as in Windows. Could say be using 5GHz in Windows and 2.4Ghz in Linux, or maybe just changing the Wifi Channel might sort it, if shifting the Drive doesn't work? Possibly just moving the cables from the drive away from the graphics card might work also.

clam1952, Feb 26, 2017
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    It could be an IRQ conflict, or IRQ sharing issue. I have seen this once before in Windows 10 and had to disable the Wifi module to make the system usable. Your Nvidia may not need to use an IRQ, but Windows may believe it does. I don't know the resolution, maybe someone here does.

Run MSInfo32, and select Hardware Resources, Conflicts/Sharing for starters. You can export the details to a text file which you could post here if you wish.

Someone may have a solution depending on the hardware you have on your PC, so detail the Wifi and Graphics cards, and perhaps other devices in use, and the Drivers versions and dates and any control software like Graphics control centres.

Fafhrd, Feb 26, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    Good point, haven't had any IRQ issues for so many years now I tend to forget about them!
    Here according to Nvidia's system info my GTX980TI does not use an IRQ, according to MSinfo and Device manager it's using IRQ16.

Just thinking unless hardware acceleration is enabled in Linux, which is unlikely on a live DVD or USB stick, it may just be using the generic driver, so may not be getting the full picture.

clam1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Gpu causing wifi to be slow and drop in speed?

1. Gpu causing wifi to be slow and drop in speed? - Similar Threads - Gpu causing wifi

2. wifi download speed slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi download speed slow: hello , im facing a issue in wifi download speed. my wifi speed in control panel go does from 270 to 130 mbps and download speed becomes very slow but it does not affect my upload speed . pls help mei...
  3. wifi download speed slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi download speed slow: hello, guys so i am facing a problem with my intennet speed, i asked a question earlier but didnt got solved , after doing some searches i found that i was high fluctuations in download speed and some times it was 0.5 MBps but soemtimes,few it was 150 mbps . i found taht when...
  4. Very slow wifi speed

Very slow wifi speed: All of a sudden this week, my pcs wifi speeds have gone incredibly low and i can no longer run any online game without massive lag spikes. Although, when i do a wifi speed test online, this seems fine and on any other device in my house the wifi is perfect.Ive searched so...
  5. Very slow wifi speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow wifi speed: All of a sudden this week, my pcs wifi speeds have gone incredibly low and i can no longer run any online game without massive lag spikes. Although, when i do a wifi speed test online, this seems fine and on any other device in my house the wifi is perfect.Ive searched so...
  6. wifi speed drops down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi speed drops down: My wifi normal speed is 50 mbps which I get using internet speed test.After working for some time using chrome and retesting speed it shows about 30mbps.If I restart my comouter or disconnect thr wifi and reconnect I restore the 50 mbps but for unspecified time after that it...
  7. wifi speed drops down

wifi speed drops down: My wifi normal speed is 50 mbps which I get using internet speed test.After working for some time using chrome and retesting speed it shows about 30mbps.If I restart my comouter or disconnect thr wifi and reconnect I restore the 50 mbps but for unspecified time after that it...
  8. WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection

WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection: Hello,I am recently having a strange issue with my wifi. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop and a 500mbps internet speed, but when I test the speed on the 5ghz connection I get around 200mbps at the start of the test which is of course normal then it immediately falls to...
  9. Slow Wifi speed.

Slow Wifi speed.: Hi my name is Siebe i have a problem on my notebook: When i try to load a page in any browser it takes super long and this is been going on for soo long. When i go to taskmanager and look at my wifi speed it goes from 0 speed to .... speed and it stops at 0 for like 10...
  10. WiFi speed drops to ZERO

WiFi speed drops to ZERO: The WiFi speed suddenly drops to ZERO. It fluctuates between the maximum speed and zero, and then finally sticks to ZERO. I have tried almost everything like troubleshooting, Re-installing the WiFi driver, Disabling & Enabling the WiFi driver, etc. I have also tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi card overheating slow speed