Windows 10: Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.

Discus and support Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello. I have Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme. After upgrade to Windows Anniversary i have weird problem with fps spikes in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider. In GTA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xxx123, Sep 30, 2016.

1. xxx123 Win User

Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.

Hello. I have Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme. After upgrade to Windows Anniversary i have weird problem with fps spikes in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider.
    In GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider i am getting random fps dips for a second. During fps dip there is core clock drop for example from 1975mhz to 291mhz. During this moment there is GPU LOAD,Core clock and voltage drop.GPUZ shows as reason UTIL.

Here is screen from Rise of Tomb Raider ( i added black arrows and you can see util in this moment ):

Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util. [​IMG]

In previous Windows version ( 1511 ) i dont had that problem.

My pc:
    6700K stock no OC
    Corsair 750 RM
    16gb ram

Is this something with my hardware?

:)

xxx123, Sep 30, 2016
  2. SasaAsasa Win User

Hello. I have Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme. After upgrade to Windows Anniversary i have weird problem with fps spikes in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider.

In GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider i am getting random fps dips for a second. During fps dip there is core clock drop for example from 1975mhz to 291mhz. During this moment there is GPU LOAD,Core clock and voltage drop.GPUZ shows as reason UTIL.

Here is screen from Rise of Tomb Raider ( i added black arrows and you can see util in this moment ):

If i remember correctly in previous Windows version ( 1511 ) i dont had that problem in GTA V.

My pc:

6700K stock no OC

Corsair 750 RM

16gb ram

I am on 368.69 drivers now.

SasaAsasa, Sep 30, 2016
  3. SasaAsasa Win User

In previous Windows version ( 1511 ) i dont had that problem.

My pc:

6700K stock no OC

Corsair 750 RM

16gb ram

SasaAsasa, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.

Downgrade your drivers to 368.xx or 369.xx. If that still doesn't work then revert to build 1511.

RoasterMen, Sep 30, 2016
  5. xxx123 Win User
    But i have already 368.69 installed drivers.

xxx123, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
    Try changing the performance option in Nvidia Control Panel (Manage 3D Settings) to High Performance, instead of the default optimal

7. Kbird Win User
    you will always see UTIL when the Card is not Boosting , that is basically what it means..... ie it is not UTILising the GPU fully.

Hopefully Dude's advice worked , it is how I usually set my 970 too ,especially as I am using a Custom Bios

Play an game after setting GPUz to log to file so you will catch the real reason eg VRel or Vop under Perf.Cap

If the Card has 2 plugs , use two different lines/wires direct from the PS , no splitters etc.

Use MSI AB to set the Power and Voltage Limits , see if that helps.

more GPUz info

http://forums.evga.com/Gpuz-PerfCap-...-m2359258.aspx

KB

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util. - Similar Threads - Gpu core clock

2. GPU Usage suddenly drop very low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Usage suddenly drop very low: hey, this happened to me when i'm playing games, it seems fine with no lag for couple of minutes and then it suddenly gets very lag, when i check the task manager, the gpu usage suddenly drops to 20-30, can you help me?...
  3. GPU Usage suddenly drop very low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU Usage suddenly drop very low: hey, this happened to me when i'm playing games, it seems fine with no lag for couple of minutes and then it suddenly gets very lag, when i check the task manager, the gpu usage suddenly drops to 20-30, can you help me?...
  4. Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second: If anyone can help me with this its frustrating i have this issue for months and caused me to reset my laptop over 3 times in the last couple months. the issue is when my gpu isn't active . the core clock jumps from 300mhz to 645mhz every second causing my gpu temps to go...
  5. Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second: If anyone can help me with this its frustrating i have this issue for months and caused me to reset my laptop over 3 times in the last couple months. the issue is when my gpu isn't active . the core clock jumps from 300mhz to 645mhz every second causing my gpu temps to go...
  6. Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gpu usage: I would like to ask when running a game such as forza horizon 5 at ultra settings on a 2080 ti and i9 9900k is it normal for the gpu usage to be in the 80’s and if so is it bad for your gpu and if you know any fixes let me know...
  8. GPU utilization drops to 0% when recording with Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU utilization drops to 0% when recording with Xbox Game Bar: I discovered this when I tried to monitor the computer with the AMD software and also with the resource monitor included with the Xbox Game Bar in an attempt to find out what was causing the problem.This problem previously did not happen to me, I could record games and the...
  9. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games: I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very annoying and severe FPS drop. I've been researching this for weeks, tried every fix imaginable and I can't fix it. I cannot play my...
  10. GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming: My GPU usage drops randomly from 70-100% to 0-10% when im gaming. especially when playing FH4, creates severe lag spikes. Its really annoying. Anyone can help me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu Utilization Core Clock

2. random gpu usage drops