Windows 10: GPU for my older build?

Discus and support GPU for my older build? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I just updated my signature because it was very old and I had a hard time fitting everything in there. I quit boozing a month ago and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mtb211, Jul 1, 2018.

1. mtb211 Win User

GPU for my older build?

Hi Guys,

I just updated my signature because it was very old and I had a hard time fitting everything in there. I quit boozing a month ago and have decided to upgrade my computer. I was going to put some money in and upgrade everything and get a 1080ti but I think im going to just upgrade my GPU.

I was thinking about upgrading to a 1070 ti but wanted to know if it would be worth it? Most the games I have won't need a new video card but I do want to play Quantum Break which I heard can be a...

GPU for my older build?

mtb211, Jul 1, 2018
  2. BarbaricSoul, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Office And Light Gaming Build

There's nothing wrong with the build, but I have some suggestions to, IMHO, make it better:
    • You list a 550 watt PSU, but you have a 51 watt CPU and a GPU that pulls 120 watts at the max. In other words, your system will pull under 200 watts at maximum load, which it sounds like will be rarely. PSU's are most efficient between 50-80%, and even at max load, this system won't reach 50%. Suggest a PSU 400 watts or less, like the Seasonic G-360.
    • RAM's really cheap. Suggest getting 16 GB instead.

thebluebumblebee, Jul 1, 2018
  4. GPU for my older build?

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

GPU for my older build?

1. GPU for my older build? - Similar Threads - GPU older build

2. Build against an older .Net framework

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build against an older .Net framework: I've written a number of powershell cmdlets, which I use to help administer the production Windows machines. However when I try to import the module I get the following message;Could not load file or assembly 'file:///c:\users\\Documents\net.production.dll' or one of its...
  3. Build against an older .Net framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build against an older .Net framework: I've written a number of powershell cmdlets, which I use to help administer the production Windows machines. However when I try to import the module I get the following message;Could not load file or assembly 'file:///c:\users\\Documents\net.production.dll' or one of its...
  4. Windows update assistant downloading older build!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update assistant downloading older build!: Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and started downloading the new version but I checked the location where it's downloading the .esd file and the name of the file...
  5. Windows update assistant downloading older build!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update assistant downloading older build!: Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and started downloading the new version but I checked the location where it's downloading the .esd file and the name of the file...
  6. New PC build - Defect GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New PC build - Defect GPU?: Hello! after Posting multiple threads in the official amd Forum & support without getting any answers. I'm trying my luck here. I'm a NVIDIA user but because of the market boom of AMD Im proud to get a Radeon 5700. So I changed my graphicscard + Mainboard + CPU to AMD. Ryzen...
  7. Couple of questions on installing an older build of W10

Couple of questions on installing an older build of W10: My old laptop (Acer Aspire 9301 from 2006) will not even install the latest builds, and 1803 ran very badly. At the moment I'm back to Vista and Google Chrome. I feel I would like to have a last ditch attempt at running an older build such as 1703 or 1709 (whcih I have used...
  8. Constant BSOD on older comp (GPU side grade)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD on older comp (GPU side grade): The only thing I've changed on my old PC was that I went from a GTX 970 to a AMD R9 380 4GB. So what I've done is completely formatted the system, and reinstalled Windows 10 64bit, and all the drivers. Windows 10 likes to auto-install GPU drivers, so what I did was uninstall...
  9. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD on new computer with older GPU.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD on new computer with older GPU.: Hello, After a miserable experience with a pre-built computer having a plethora of BSOD's and freezes that could not be diagnosed, I built a new computer about a week ago. Everything in it is brand new and checked for compatibility except the Graphics Card which is being...
  10. Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10

Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10: The Windows Creator Update is worthless junk on my PC. It caused all kinds of problems, so I did a clean install and tried to install the latest Creators Update build 1703 again. It would`nt even install it. Just automatically reverted back to build 1511. It won`t even...