Windows 10: Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect

Discus and support Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; well i just brought GTA 5 from steam and im confronted with this error after a couple of seconds. heres a Launcher log launcher.log [img] 5447 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xdarkmario, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect

well i just brought GTA 5 from steam and im confronted with this error after a couple of seconds.
    heres a Launcher log
    launcher.log

Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect [​IMG]

:)

xdarkmario, Apr 16, 2015
  2. RyanByer Win User

Installshield Setup Launcher Has Stopped Working Win10 x64 (With Event Log)

No error messages or anything it just crashes with "Installshield Setup Launcher Has Stopped Working" it's doing it with anything that uses installshield.

Installshield Examples That Crash

• Grand Theft Auto 3 Retail Discs x32
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City Retail Discs x32
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Retail Discs x32
    • Fable The Lost Chapters Retail Discs x32
    • Silent Hill 2 Director's Cut Retail Discs x32
    • Silent Hill 3 Retail Discs x32

PLZ HELP

RyanByer, Apr 16, 2015
  3. XroDenis Win User
    GTA 5

You can use this website to see if you can run Grand Theft Auto 5:
    Grand Theft Auto V Requirements Test

You can also get the cheapest Graphic Cards, Processors, ETC from this website to run the game.

Also, Don't use the driver updating feature on the website, ITS A VIRUS.

XroDenis, Apr 16, 2015
  4. Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect

Does it still crash after a reboot? Are you running the launcher/exe as admin? What other programs do you have running?

I was having an issue with GTA V not working, and it was because I had Raptr running in the background.

blackroseMD1, Apr 16, 2015
  5. you have it working on windows 10?
    rebooted yes and also running as admin, also have it set to switchable graphics, trying to follow some internet help by switching to my intel 3000 the game launches but theres no way that weak intel 3000 can run this game. All it does is play the starting video then freezes on a black screen i dont have Raptr installed

and i found a technical install log
    launcher.log

xdarkmario, Apr 16, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    AMD-Catalyst-15.4Beta-64Bit-Win8.1-Apr9.exe driver is supposed to fix issues with GTA V.

CountMike, Apr 16, 2015
  7. MrNeeds Win User
    you need to disable the onboard graphics card in the system, lots of problems with this issue on R* forums.

edit: just checked steam and there's a 200Mb update for GTA V available that may or may not fix this issue.

MrNeeds, Apr 16, 2015
  8. Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect

well i have the latest update and i have the beta 15.b drivers and i tried every trick in the book from a-z google for 6 hours.
    and the only close i get is telling amd control panel to run gta with the intel video ant a very painfully slow speed. that got me to the first mission but i couden't continue playing on that.

and did any get this running on a Enduro (switchable graphics) laptop running windows 10?

xdarkmario, Apr 16, 2015
  9. Have you tried running the older AMD Omega drivers? Some friends of mine are having issues with the 15.4 betas.

blackroseMD1, Apr 17, 2015
  10. Tried both omega and I'm currently on latest beta 15.4b
    I have made another partition and installed windows 8.1 and I'll test it there.
    Buy I would love if it works on my windows 10 because I don't feel like reinstalling 500gb of data.

xdarkmario, Apr 17, 2015
  11. ibuckyi Win User
    Ever since Build 10074 GTA V crashes. I think there is something that's preventing it from launching the game. I'm on build 10102 and it still crashes. Best to wait for the retail version or unless they fix the issue.

ibuckyi, May 8, 2015
  12. Hmm...still running fine here on 10074. I've had some issues with hard locks during cutscenes since I started using SLI, but that was remedied by drivers.
    @xdarkmario Are you still having the same issues?

blackroseMD1, May 8, 2015
  13. ibuckyi Win User

Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect

So if that's the case then maybe, it's the sweetfx that's causing it to not start at the launcher. It worked on build 46 or 52 but not 10074 or 10102. I'll have to try it without the sweetfx/reshade mod. I have a GTX 770 4GB single slot.

ibuckyi, May 8, 2015
  14. I honestly gave up, 60$ down the drain, rockstar wants nothing to do with me. Closed all my tickets

xdarkmario, May 8, 2015
  15. ibuckyi Win User
    best to go back to windows 8.1, it only works there for me. I realized it works when you upgrade from 8.1 but if you clean install Windows 10 version 10074 and up, it won't launch the game.

ibuckyi, May 8, 2015
Thema:

Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect

1. Grand theft auto V is crashing: grand theft auto V has exited unexpect - Similar Threads - Grand theft auto

2. Grand Theft Auto V - PC - Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grand Theft Auto V - PC - Performance: It is already common issue: [2023-04-05 23:01:52.301] [ ERROR ] [18456] [crashdetection] Exit code 0xc0000005 indicates a fatal game exit reason: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIONAbsolutely unpalyble game. Crash anytime any minute withour reason, obly error code. I play only offline...
  3. Grand Theft Auto V - PC - Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grand Theft Auto V - PC - Performance: It is already common issue: [2023-04-05 23:01:52.301] [ ERROR ] [18456] [crashdetection] Exit code 0xc0000005 indicates a fatal game exit reason: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIONAbsolutely unpalyble game. Crash anytime any minute withour reason, obly error code. I play only offline...
  4. Grand Theft Auto IV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grand Theft Auto IV: I got gta4 a few years ago and I played it and it went fine even though my pc cant run it that well I still had fun. Now after I have reset my pc and changed everything I inserted my drive which gta iv was on and it didn't work. I got a windows message which is displayed down...
  5. Grand Theft Auto IV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grand Theft Auto IV: I got gta4 a few years ago and I played it and it went fine even though my pc cant run it that well I still had fun. Now after I have reset my pc and changed everything I inserted my drive which gta iv was on and it didn't work. I got a windows message which is displayed down...
  6. Fix Grand Theft Auto V Launcher has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Grand Theft Auto V Launcher has stopped working: [IMG]Here is a full guide on how you can fix the Grand Theft Auto V Launcher has stopped working error on Windows 11/10 PC. Grand Theft Auto V or GTA V is an action-adventure game developed by Rockstar Games. It is quite a popular game amongst gaming enthusiasts. However,...
  7. Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) crashing on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) crashing on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Have difficulty in launching the Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) game, or is the game crashing in the middle of a GTA 5 session? It can for sure, leave a gamer exasperated! So if Grand Theft Auto (GTA) 5 is crashing on Windows 11/10, then you may follow the solutions that...
  8. Grand Theft Auto V, Directx 12

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grand Theft Auto V, Directx 12: I have Directx 12 installed. I want to play Grand Theft Auto V, but the GTA runs 10,11 dx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grand-theft-auto-v-directx-12/602598da-a79d-4614-9a67-7cd684dd283b
  9. Grand Theft Auto 5 - no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grand Theft Auto 5 - no sound: Hello everybody, Not sure if this topic fits here but I'll try anyway. I know there were already many questions regarding this issue online but I wen't literally through all links, articles, forums I've found on this topic reddit, steam support, rockstar, nvidia, you name...
  10. BSOD Only with Grand Theft Auto V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Only with Grand Theft Auto V: As the title states, I only ever have this problem with GTA V. I can play for about 2-5min before it crashes (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION). I've tried various graphics card drivers, and updated literally any other driver I could. No CPU OC, but the GPU comes stock with one (I've...