Windows 10: Graphic artifacts on desktop

Discus and support Graphic artifacts on desktop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Good day folks, Today when I booted Train Simulator 2015, it hanged on the Dovetail logo and eventually froze, i had to restart the pc from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rBose, Aug 14, 2015.

1. rBose Win User

Graphic artifacts on desktop

Good day folks,

Today when I booted Train Simulator 2015, it hanged on the Dovetail logo and eventually froze, i had to restart the pc from the button, after the restart, the desktop was filled with numerous horizontal lines of different lenghts and colors, artifacts in short words.

I freaked out because this is the first time its happening, never had such issues on 8 or 7, i rarely get game crashes and issues with the pc so this was new to me.

Those visual artifacts only occurred on the desktop, i booted chrome and played a youtube vid and everything was fine but after closing chrome the glitches were still on the desktop.

I decided i have to restart it one more time, this time the artifacts were gone and everything ran ok, any ideas what might have caused this?

I'm using the 353.62 nvidia driver for my GTX560.

LE: I also need to mention that most (90%) of my motherboard drivers are for w8.1, they havent released w10 drivers yet. As well for the audio card, Asus Xonar D2, 8.1 drivers

:)

rBose, Aug 14, 2015

2. ThinkPad T530 Graphics Artifacts upon system wakes up from sleep in Docking Station

Upgraded to Windows 10. Lenovo T530 thinkpad in a docking station.

When I restart or start from a shutdown, there is no graphics artifacts on the attached display to the docking station. When I go to sleep mode and then start again, graphics artifacts from the system are now on the display and will not go away unless I
    restart. Display refresh will not clear the screen. Logging off and then on again will not clear the screen.

Earl J. Dodd, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Minecraft, World of Tanks.. graphic artifacts

Hi Odessa,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to fix the issue after following the suggestions provided in the thread you have mentioned in the post.

Have you updated the graphics card drivers?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you update Graphic card drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.
    If the issue still persist follow method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your graphic card and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

If no updated drivers available then try installing the available drivers in compatibility mode.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to please get in touch with our
    Xbox Support team through below link to resolve the issue:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Our Xbox support team will assist you better in this regard.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 14, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Memory, either RAM or VRAM corruption problems can cause that. Most of the time are SW (game) problem that clears up after reboot..

CountMike, Aug 15, 2015
  5. rBose Win User
    Thanks for the reply CountMike, I freaked out at first because I never had such an issue before.

I couldn't reproduce the issue ever since it occurred.

rBose, Aug 15, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    It happens, if it doesn't stay like that all is cool.

CountMike, Aug 15, 2015
  7. rBose Win User
    The GPU is most likely the culprit and it is dying.

I tried Train Sim 2015 again yesterday and it crashed while loading a career scenario, same symptoms, only this time after restart it wouldn't even send signal to the monitor, had to do 3-4 restarts to get signal to monitor.

After I reached the desktop I tried to save anything I could but after 2 minutes everything went into lockdown, cursor, and everything just froze, with little artifacts flickering here and there.

Restart again, managed to save everything to a different partition, wanted to disable the GPU and switch to the integrated Intel HD3000, as soon as I right clicked my computer a green/yellow circle appeared with different colors inside it. ( of course, everything froze )

Restart again and this time i disabled it and everything ran fine ever since *Sad

RIP ASUS GTX 560 1GB TOP November 2011- August 2015 *Sad

rBose, Aug 16, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Not necessarily.

• Try installing the latest NVidia drivers 355.60 is way newer than what you have and supports Win10. Download direct from NVidia and install
    • Reboot and check if it resolved your problem
    • If not, go to chip manufacturer support for all your other MSI chipset drivers and see if they have anything newer than that which is available from MSI.
    • Reboot and check again.
    • If still no good, are you monitoring your temps for the GPU?
    • What are they idle and load?
    • If the system is crashing because of too high temps you will have to check the cooling on the card as maybe the thermal interface has separated a little or some other thermal issue.
    • Maybe try blowing all the dust out inside the case and especially around the card and it's cooler

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    If it has same symptoms while in BIOS than drivers have nothing to do with it.

CountMike, Aug 16, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    Ok...never saw the bit at the end of OPs last post about not being able to boot immediately after last crash.

It could still be a cooling problem though...

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  11. rBose Win User
    I UEFI Bios and I left it open for 30 minutes and it ran ok.

I will monitor the GPU temps

rBose, Aug 16, 2015
  12. WhyMe Win User
    Furmark is good for testing the gpu while monitoring temps. Turn off IMMEDIATELY if things start getting way too hot. Don't want it 'popping'

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  13. rBose Win User

Will do and return with feedback, thank you the help!

rBose, Aug 16, 2015
  14. WhyMe Win User
    I added a bit on to my earlier post as I was wondering if you had dusted the inside of your pc recently. Lots of dust, especially around the hotter components and case exhausts can cause mega problems. A can of compressed air can work wonders.

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  15. rBose Win User
    Tried a couple of things today, took it out, cleaned it properly ( it didnt have too much dust ) plugged it in a different slot and wished myself good luck.

I was running on intel hd 3000, as soon as I clicked on ENABLE on the gtx560, the screen quickly flashed and every froze.

>Restart

After restart I wanted to open chrome, as soon as chrome opened, a ton of visual artifacts, mostly black squares filled the screen for less than a second and everything froze again...

I guess theres no doubt that the GPU is indeed broken *cry

Graphic artifacts on desktop [​IMG]

rBose, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Graphic artifacts on desktop - Similar Threads - Graphic artifacts desktop

2. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  3. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  4. Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.: A translator was used. Sorry if that. Hello! I would like to apologize in advance if I chose the wrong topic/sub-topic. The essence of the problem is that graphical applications based on WPF causal relationship will be further are displayed incorrectly. I won't be able to...
  5. Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004: Hello, I updated to the new 2004 version and also updated my nvidia drivers, since then I'm having a graphical glitch from time to time, I'm 99% sure it started with this update because it also started to happen on my girlfriend's PC, we both use double monitors on extended...
  6. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Hi all, Since yesterday my computer has started having graphical issues. Here are some examples: [img] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome had some issues as well but those appear to have...
  7. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Since yesterday my computer has been having graphics issues. Here's an example: [IMG] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome also had some issues initially but those appear to have been fixed...
  8. Recurring graphical artifacts on taskbar

Recurring graphical artifacts on taskbar: Recently I've been having an issue with some small graphical artifacts on my taskbar. They appear in the exact same place each time. I don't think it's an issue with my GPU, considering they show up on screenshots (see attachments). This problem only started after I had to...
  9. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?: Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical artifacting on text and images everywhere. I've tried checking the drivers, but the newest drivers listed on the Intel site...
  10. Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.: I seem to have another issue following the Creators Update upgrade in which I'm seeing graphical artifacts. I first noticed it in the shutdown process where the screen goes blue (could be black, not sure) It happens very quickly but I think I would describe the artifacts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 graphic artefacts

2. windows 10 artifacts that go away when i refresh