Windows 10: Graphic card problems

Discus and support Graphic card problems in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Bought a used Asus EN210 and when installed found the driver keeps freezing the pc (windows 10). I regularly get a popup telling me that is what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Sstjc, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Sstjc Win User

Graphic card problems

Bought a used Asus EN210 and when installed found the driver keeps freezing the pc (windows 10). I regularly get a popup telling me that is what is happening.... So I bought another card, a Zotac GT218 which does the same. It turns out both of these are basically Nvidia George 210 and this is a known problem. None of the solutions ive found on the net work for me. So then I buy a AMD ATI Radeon HD4550 and the pc doesn't recognise it. It doesn't appear in device manager and again none of the solutions commonly found on the net work. The pc has latest updates. All three cards were eBay purchases and two have been tested in a friends Win7 pc and work OK. I want to keep Win10 but I'm running out of money although I can sell these cards back on eBay. Question is what do I do now and is there a cost effective way to install one of these cards and keep Win10... TIA...

:)

Sstjc, Aug 17, 2016
  2. trbogt Win User

graphics card problems

Hi....I have Radeon 5400 series...Have you tried to 'Un-install' the driver from 'Device manager'?

go to 'Control panel'> 'Device manager' > click on your 'Display adapter' to open it select the 'Driver ' tab and choose 'Uninstall'

Graphic card problems [​IMG]

Restart computer and see if Windows 'Re-installs' the driver.

*john

trbogt, Aug 17, 2016
  3. devi8trix Win User
    graphics card problems

It did not work, but thank you for the suggestion.

devi8trix, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Tom886 Win User

Graphic card problems

What are the specs of your PC?
    Does it have an internal graphic card also which has to be disabled?

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Aug 17, 2016
  5. Sstjc Win User
    It has on board graphics. I hadn't thought about disabling the onboard graphics, I assume you mean in device manager, I'll give it a go and if that doesn't work come back with the specs.
    Many Thanks Tom886

Sstjc, Aug 17, 2016
  6. Tom886 Win User
    If it has an OnBoard Graphics you have to disable in the Bios

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Aug 17, 2016
  7. Sstjc Win User
    Thanks Tom
    I've now disabled onboard graphics in bios - It was set to PCI and not PCI-E - I will monitor this and see how it works.
    Many thanks for the help
    Regards
    Barry

Sstjc, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Sstjc Win User

Graphic card problems

Well that didn't last long before it started freezing again just as before. Heeelp !
    Any ideas anyone.
    Spec of the pc is:-

I started off with this which I upgraded to Win 10 as soon as I got it
    HP Pro Windows 7, AMD Dual Core 2.7 GHz, 2GB, 320GB HDD,

I also upgraded the ram as you will see from the Speccy print out below:-
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Athlon II X2 215 27 °C
    Regor 45nm Technology
    RAM
    5.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
    Motherboard
    PEGATRON CORPORATION 2A9Eh (CPU 1) 46 °C
    Graphics
    Alienware2310 (1920x1080@59Hz)
    512MB NVIDIA GeForce 210 (ZOTAC International) 49 °C
    Optical Drives
    hp CDDVDW TS-H653R SCSI CdRom Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has.
    Thanks
    Barry

Sstjc, Aug 18, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    the last driver for the 210 is 341.96 for win10 what are you running ?

Drivers | GeForce

Kbird, Aug 18, 2016
  10. Tom886 Win User
    5GB RAM? Mistyping?
    You have 2 equal RAM types?

Tom886, Aug 18, 2016
  11. Sstjc Win User
    After a fight... and it was a fight... I got the driver updated from 341.92 to 341.96 as suggested by Kbird - many thanks i'll monitor and see how it goes with this driver.

Tom it is 5gb Ram - heres the print out from speccy. I was told that this would not cause any problems.....

Slot #1
    Type DDR3
    Size 1024 MBytes
    Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics
    Max Bandwidth PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
    Part Number HMT112U6TFR8C-H9
    Serial Number 440173803
    Week/year 15 / 11

Slot #2
    Type DDR3
    Size 2048 MBytes
    Manufacturer Nanya Technology
    Part Number NT2GC64B8HA0NF-CG
    Serial Number 255336511
    Week/year 20 / 10

Slot #3
    Type DDR3
    Size 1024 MBytes
    Manufacturer Samsung
    Part Number M378B2873EH1-CH9
    Serial Number 2046275154
    Week/year 10 / 10

Slot #4
    Type DDR3
    Size 1024 MBytes
    Manufacturer Samsung
    Part Number M378B2873EH1-CH9
    Serial Number 2046275155
    Week/year 10 / 10

Sstjc, Aug 18, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    Had me wondering too at 5GB RAM , as that is not optimal , and may have forced the board to use the Ram in Single Channel mode instead of Dual Channel mode, it is also using 3 different Ram chips whose timings may not all align either = slower but you may not notice the difference, though Dual Channel should equal quicker, though again you may not notice.

Kbird, Aug 18, 2016
  13. Sstjc Win User

Graphic card problems

Well i've still got the same problem of the pc freezing regularly and wondering what I try now.

Incidentally speccy tells me the timings are all the same.

Thanks
    Barry

Sstjc, Aug 18, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    The Main timings like 9-9-9-24 for eg are likely the same but the subtimings may not be, have you Run Memtest86 for memory Errors?

version 7 FREE is here : MemTest86 - Download now!

Kbird, Aug 18, 2016
  15. Sstjc Win User
    Hmmm - the plot thickens... I can't run MemTest86 from a usb or cd so I tried the windows memory checker and that won't run either.

Had a pan round google and can't find another alternative. Any thoughts ?
    thanks
    Barry

Sstjc, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Graphic card problems

1. Graphic card problems - Similar Threads - Graphic card problems

2. Graphics card problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card problem: Hey i have dell g15- 5525 with rtx 3050 16gb ram when i start game on high performance on plugged on it crash but when i start game on power saving its run but not much fps what should i do i want to play game on dedicated graphics card...
  3. Graphics card problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card problem: Hey i have dell g15- 5525 with rtx 3050 16gb ram when i start game on high performance on plugged on it crash but when i start game on power saving its run but not much fps what should i do i want to play game on dedicated graphics card...
  4. Graphic card problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card problem: performed a new windows 10 install, now graphic card won't connect to smart tv or visa versa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-card-problem/61eeab8f-eb6b-4581-8205-a1e379bc6c69
  5. Graphic card problem

Graphic card problem: performed a new windows 10 install, now graphic card won't connect to smart tv or visa versa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-card-problem/61eeab8f-eb6b-4581-8205-a1e379bc6c69
  6. problem on graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem on graphics card: hello i hav a problem called "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39" and in my grapics card called "IntelR UHD Graphics" in windows 11 leaked...
  7. problem on graphics card

problem on graphics card: hello i hav a problem called "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39" and in my grapics card called "IntelR UHD Graphics" in windows 11 leaked...
  8. Graphic Card problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic Card problems: I have been having problems in the past week making me unable to use my graphic card. I have been looking throughout posts and other websites and haven't been able to solve the issue. I'm very confused because I haven't had any problems with my GPU since I got 6 months ago. I...
  9. graphic card problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphic card problem: hi I had problem with my graphic card settings the graphic card working properly but in windows its not showing the graphic card in display setting and also in task manager [ATTACH] 2 to 3 days before this was showing graphic card geforge 710...
  10. Graphic Card problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Card problem: My problem is that update my graphics card in a fairly old computer, approximately 2010, then the screen went black, when the screen returned to show images the resolution changed to 1024 x 768, (I must clarify that my resolution was the most high left in windows 10), and I...