Windows 10: Graphic card question..

Discus and support Graphic card question.. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Which would be better.. my current AMD A10-6600K GPU or an EVGA GeForce GT 740 ?? Here are the requirements I have: 1 Medium gaming 2 The ability... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BunnyJ, Sep 14, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Graphic card question..

Which would be better.. my current AMD A10-6600K GPU or an EVGA GeForce GT 740 ??
    Here are the requirements I have:
    1 Medium gaming
    2 The ability later on to use a higher resolution monitor.

And being able to free up the memory used by the on board GPU would be nice.

Thoughts??
    @essenbe

:)

BunnyJ, Sep 14, 2016

2. I'v got windows 10 and my mincraft crashes

Hi Davin

First thing i wanna say CALM DOWN

you never fix the problem if you not calm down

Ok, on error message it says "No OpenGL context found in the current thread"

If you installed you graphics card properly, you should get opengl inside it

Question 1: What the Type of the graphics card do you have?

if your graphics card doesn't compatible with windows 10 it maybe the problem

Note: you can proceed to question 2 if you had a compatible graphics adapter

Question 2: Are you do not install your graphics card driver?

many of user doesn't install the driver after they installing the Windows 10

Please install it with your graphics adapter

If you need any question, ask me

Remember, STAY CALM

Regards

Ariq Fauzan, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Resolution Stuck at 1366x768

As you're downloading nVidia drivers I would take it as read that you have an nVidia graphics card installed, many laptops/desktops come with both onboard graphics card & another graphics card - usually nVidia - mine has Intel graphics & nVidia graphics
    cards. My question was whether you have an inbuilt non nVidia graphics card as well as nVidia & if so whether you have downloaded their drivers as well as nVidia.

Time Lady, Sep 14, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Graphic card question..

No personal experience, but a little Googling will suggest that the GT 740 is significantly better than the A10-6600K's graphics core.

The 740 may require a larger PSU, but the 450W one in your specs should be more than adequate.

bobkn, Sep 14, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    I don't have any first hand experience either, but I would tend to agree with bobkn. I would think most decent discreet video cards would result in better performance in gaming. Especially if you get the GDDR5 version. Here are the specs on it http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

essenbe, Sep 14, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks.. I was thinking that it would be an improvement but I just wanted to verify my thinking on this.

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Sep 14, 2016
  7. You can get a GTX 750, but it will be bottleneck like 10% with your configuration. AMD CPU are not my taste at all, I prefer Intel instead but that just my opinion.

RubberDucky, Sep 14, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Graphic card question..

My long term plan is to move over to an Intel based system. But for now I just want to start with the graphic card,, new case and next year I can get a copy of Win10 Home,,, and the other parts.

BunnyJ, Sep 14, 2016
  9. What is your power supply wattage? GTX 750 is a low end graphics card that doesn't consume much power as any other cards, but it can play 1080P games on medium settings. Also, it's cheaper to get as well.

RubberDucky, Sep 15, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    It's 450w right now. I hope to get a new case and a 700w power supply later on.

BunnyJ, Sep 15, 2016
  11. Enough juice to power this low end GTX 750. GeForce GTX 750 | Specifications | GeForce

The reference model required 300W PSU.

12. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Sep 15, 2016
  13. Graphic card question..

Your PSU is 450W, and that card required minimum 400W. That is 50W different which will lead your system become unstable. As far as I know, GTX 750 > GT 740. Since your requirements is medium gaming and high resolution, GTX 750 will do fine until you have enough money to move on to big brothers such as GTX 1070, GTX 1080, or GTX 980TI.

14. If you are okay with console graphics on PC, than GTX 750 will be no problem at all because some games GTX 750 can play at medium settings and some have to tune down to low settings.

15. The GT 740 comes in three versions- Fermi, Kepler and Maxwell version. 450W is for the GT 740 that has a Fermi GPU. You're lucky to use ShadowPlay if you have a Kepler or Maxwell GPU

RoasterMen, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

Graphic card question..

1. Graphic card question.. - Similar Threads - Graphic card question

2. Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card: Windows 11 recognizes that I have a graphics card but cannot tell what kind. When I try to install the Nvidia driver it says no Nvidia card detected.Card: NVIDIA QUADRO 2000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/3fce5390-78e0-4cc2-b185-6b8afc2feb93
  3. Graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card: I was playing a game and everything ws fine and then i got a black screen out of know where i couldnt tab out and i couldnt force quit the game so i unplugged my computer. Now when i load it up it says checking for media presence then loads to the blue windows screen that...
  4. Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card: I have a gpu with is GTX 1050ti it has hdmi port do I need to buy a motherboard that has a hdmi??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/76c70aeb-bc05-436e-918a-783004ed6c57
  5. graphics card drivers question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics card drivers question: Since I installed the new OS I haven't installed the specific drivers for it which, it is a Radeon r9 200. It doesn't look bad now but should I go ahead and install the Radeon drivers? I assume generic drivers were installed when I installed the new OS? Thanks! *Smile 161419
  6. Graphic Card Question.... Screen Tearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card Question.... Screen Tearing.: Hello, early last year I have built a gaming PC: Parts list - ASUS Maximus X Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7GHz, 32GB Ram, ASUS NVidia 2080 RTX OC. Monitor ASUS PG348Q 34in G SYNC. Win10 Pro Version 1909. Every game so far plays great. When I play Rust I get screen...
  7. graphic card

graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  8. graphics card

graphics card: how do I find out which graphic card I have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/ce87d398-8667-4c3a-985c-96a6c9defdf6
  9. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  10. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...