Windows 10: Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others

Discus and support Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, first post, so forgive my indiscretions. I have been having this issue for a couple months now. First, my laptop is an Aorus X5-CF1. SLI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pyr0cide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. pyr0cide Win User

Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others

Hello, first post, so forgive my indiscretions. I have been having this issue for a couple months now.

First, my laptop is an Aorus X5-CF1. SLI Nvidia 965m. OEM ssd and memory. Latest bios. Latest drivers. Have tried fresh installs of 64-bit LTSB, Pro and Home same thing.

I have zero issues in game once the game gets going. But some screens like the loading of Doom (2016) will do the same as the blotches artifacts etc as in video streaming and players.

I have sent the laptop back to Gigabyte for repair and they sent it back having done 8hr burn tests and cannot reproduce on Windows 8.1. They would not test windows 10 as it was not what the laptop shipped with, even though their website specifically states that it supports windows 10 on this particular laptop. It is still under warranty until 9/22/17. However as you can tell from the screens, I do not believe, and did not initially believe it is a gpu or hardware issue.

Doesn't matter what video or which streaming service. VLC, Firefox and Chrome all exhibit the same problems.

I have tried DDU to clean install the latest and beta nvidia drivers to no avail. Before reinstalling the nvidia driver after a reboot, the issue is still present in any browser or player previously affected. Before rebooting after installing the nividia driver, the issue is present

The preinstalled WMP and Movies app do NOT have the problems that VLC do.

Edge does not show the same problem as FF or Chrome.

I did not catch a screen of it but MPC-HC installed with CCCP bundle shows the same issue as VLC.

I am not sure where to go from here. I have another warranty claim setup that is good for 30 days int he event i want to be out a computer for another week & 1/2 but would rather try and fix something software based than send it off to be told there is not problem.

Any help or things to try is most appreciated.

Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others [​IMG]

Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others [​IMG]

:)

pyr0cide, Aug 31, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

What causes these odd font artifacts around numbers

The artifacts you are seeing appear only with numbers, but that's a red herring. It's a screen artifact like any other screen artifact that sometimes affects a monitor. The problem is that these artifacts have a million causes, give or take.

Presuming that you have a graphics driver that is supported on Windows 10, and that you have already tried restarting your computer, here are some fixes that have worked for others:

• Refresh the screen (press F5.) You may have to do this 2 or 3 times.
    • Turn off ClearType.
    • Open Task Manager and End Task on Windows Explorer. That forces the Windows shell to restart.

BulldogXX, Aug 31, 2017
  3. ThinkPad T530 Graphics Artifacts upon system wakes up from sleep in Docking Station

Upgraded to Windows 10. Lenovo T530 thinkpad in a docking station.

When I restart or start from a shutdown, there is no graphics artifacts on the attached display to the docking station. When I go to sleep mode and then start again, graphics artifacts from the system are now on the display and will not go away unless I
    restart. Display refresh will not clear the screen. Logging off and then on again will not clear the screen.

Earl J. Dodd, Aug 31, 2017
  4. Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others

Hi pyr0cide. Welcome to the TenForums @pyr0cide

A couple of long shots....

I see you are using latest driver but I'm going to suggest trying the driver your box shipped with, yes an older driver.

If that works for a while you will have to disable driver updates in both nvida and Windows. I have a process for windows if this works.

Next you can see if this is related to Video hardware acceleration. You can try in Firefox as you said it has the issue.

http://shutoff video hardware acceleration firefox

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2017
  5. pyr0cide Win User
    Sorry I shouldve mentioned that I did try the official windows 10 vga driver from Aorus downloads. It's a driver from Feb 2017, and no it does not work. I will try the first driver they have for windows 10, from 2015.

I have disabled HWA in both chrome and FF with no resolve.

EDIT: original 2015 win10 driver does not fix.

pyr0cide, Aug 31, 2017
  6. I would try the 8.1 driver from the Gigabyte website. Please check device manager to ensure it installs (version number).

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2017
  7. pyr0cide Win User
    Unfortunately it will not let me install as its check for compatibility fails even after attempting to run as Windows 8 compatible.

pyr0cide, Aug 31, 2017
  8. Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others

Ouch!

They were long shots. Have you checked BIOS settings for video related settings. I'm wondering what is so different in 8.1 that it works. Hopefully another member with the same graphics card has an answer.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others

1. Graphical artifacts in certain browsers & players - while not others - Similar Threads - Graphical artifacts certain

2. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  3. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  4. Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004: Hello, I updated to the new 2004 version and also updated my nvidia drivers, since then I'm having a graphical glitch from time to time, I'm 99% sure it started with this update because it also started to happen on my girlfriend's PC, we both use double monitors on extended...
  5. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Hi all, Since yesterday my computer has started having graphical issues. Here are some examples: [img] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome had some issues as well but those appear to have...
  6. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Since yesterday my computer has been having graphics issues. Here's an example: [IMG] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome also had some issues initially but those appear to have been fixed...
  7. Recurring graphical artifacts on taskbar

Recurring graphical artifacts on taskbar: Recently I've been having an issue with some small graphical artifacts on my taskbar. They appear in the exact same place each time. I don't think it's an issue with my GPU, considering they show up on screenshots (see attachments). This problem only started after I had to...
  8. Graphic artifacts on desktop

Graphic artifacts on desktop: Good day folks, Today when I booted Train Simulator 2015, it hanged on the Dovetail logo and eventually froze, i had to restart the pc from the button, after the restart, the desktop was filled with numerous horizontal lines of different lenghts and colors, artifacts in...
  9. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?: Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical artifacting on text and images everywhere. I've tried checking the drivers, but the newest drivers listed on the Intel site...
  10. Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.: I seem to have another issue following the Creators Update upgrade in which I'm seeing graphical artifacts. I first noticed it in the shutdown process where the screen goes blue (could be black, not sure) It happens very quickly but I think I would describe the artifacts...