Windows 10: Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup

Discus and support Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello! Today, I got a new monitor to add to my setup. After setting up the monitor, I noticed my old main monitor (now my secondary) has strange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Kieran Ballard, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup

Hello!

Today, I got a new monitor to add to my setup. After setting up the monitor, I noticed my old main monitor (now my secondary) has strange glitches.

My monitors:
    Main: BenQ XL2420T @ 1920x180 145Hz on GTX 760
    Secondary: Samsung T24C350 @ 1920x1080 60Hz on GTX 760
    Third: Some crappy 2007 screen @ 1024x768 60Hz on IntelHD 4600

Video example:
    [youtube]a_-ZUJpUr3Y[/youtube]

Thanks

:)

Kieran Ballard, Jul 16, 2015
  2. roykela Win User

Desktop Window Manager Memory Leak

Forgot to ask, and apologies if i've missed it.

Are you running a dual- or multimonitor setup?

roykela, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Monitors Move everytime at startup

Hi Danny,

This issue is most likely with the graphics driver. Whenever a single monitor is disconnected from a multimonitor setup in Windows, Windows will attempt to move everything from that screen onto the remaining screens. It is also possible that the graphics
    driver is having challenges with the different resolutions of your screens. Were you able to configure your screens with a uniform resolution and see if the issue persists?

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jul 16, 2015
  4. Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup

I did some testing, and setting my primary monitor to 60Hz instead of 144Hz makes the problem a lot more subtle, but still noticeable.

Kieran Ballard, Jul 18, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I always set my monitor to it's native resolution. Maybe if you update your drive or go to build 10240, it will help.

6. I'm running all of my monitors at native resolution, and there's no nvidia drivers update. I'm updating to build 10240 now.

7. Updated to the latest build, not fixed.

8. mkdr Win User

Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup

This issue is not a single thread worthy, I could tell you at least five or more similar glitches, with a normal single monitor setup, app switching, blurry fonts, flickering, and so on. Ive reported all of them already 6-9 months ago via insider tool, and it got ignored of course. Windows 10, build 10240 is still very buggy, and it's really rude by MS giving this a RTM status.

I guess Windows 10 will be usable in about 6 months until than I wouldnt upgrade.

9. I know that in the video, it shows just the start menu, but it seems to be whenever the screen "moves", for example when watching a youtube video. I never had this issue on this monitor before, just when I made it my secondary.

Kieran Ballard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup

1. Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup - Similar Threads - Graphical glitches multimonitor

2. Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11: I have many taskbar icons.I also have multiple external monitors, and the taskbar icons are repeated on each monitor.My external monitors are wider than my native laptop screen, so there are more taskbar icons displayed on my external monitors than on my laptop screen.The...
  3. Taskbar Graphic Glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Graphic Glitch: Hi folks,So I've been having this issue for a couple of weeks now and just expecting it to go away by itself but now it's worse than it was to begin with. As you can see from the attached photos, there seems to be a strange graphic glitch at the bottom of my screen. Sometimes...
  4. Multimonitor setup crashes at random.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multimonitor setup crashes at random.: Hello, it's hard to explain but here goes nothing.Hardware :Windows 10 21H2: 19044.1466Everything has the latest drivers/updates.i9 9900K Non OC. - Noctua NH-D15 ~33c idle / ~67 load.Asus Maximus Hero IX Z390 motherboard latest bios32GB DDR4 - 3000Mhz 2 x 16GB - Windows...
  5. Multimonitor setup crashes at random.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multimonitor setup crashes at random.: Hello, it's hard to explain but here goes nothing.Hardware :Windows 10 21H2: 19044.1466Everything has the latest drivers/updates.i9 9900K Non OC. - Noctua NH-D15 ~33c idle / ~67 load.Asus Maximus Hero IX Z390 motherboard latest bios32GB DDR4 - 3000Mhz 2 x 16GB - Windows...
  6. Multimonitor setup crashes at random.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Weird graphical glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird graphical glitch: I'm getting these weird white dots on some applications I use and I don't know what is happening. Any advice?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-graphical-glitch/b76a0936-50a1-4a54-a374-18d3bc20ebc0
  8. Weird graphical glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird graphical glitch: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KevinBowser007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhmmdy/weird_graphical_glitch/
  9. Taskbar graphical glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar graphical glitch: [IMG] taskview and cortana icon has a graphical glitch on second monitor when you show/hide cortana or taskview in windows 10 version 2004. Anyone else? https://preview.redd.it/xezoj0ki5r351.png?width=661&format=png&auto=webp&s=0d8a0962e0e0139f7878cb74615d5e968424bb55...
  10. Graphical and sound glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphical and sound glitches: Basically my laptop does a bunch of weird graphical gitches on screen, like a few lines out of place or something. But sometimes it will be much worse as in the case of trying to watch a youtube video (see video link). Also when listening to music on headphones the sound...