Windows 10: Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

Discus and support Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having this weird problem since days now, I did not installed any new or recent windows updates or did anything different, just playing games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pagefile'sys, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

I'm having this weird problem since days now, I did not installed any new or recent windows updates or did anything different, just playing games and watching content on YouTube. Randomly freezing on my screen, icons on taskbar (sometimes all of them or just tiny ones at right clock etc) disappears but when I empty my recycle bin they came back until they disappear again. Sometimes also random freezing on doing basically anything, first, I'm losing my direct ethernet connection and then system completely hangs until I do hard reset. After rebooting everything went normal until happens again (usually 2-3 days) I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and Norton they found nothing wrong, I have no problems updating my anti-virus also so I dont think this is a malware. I did ran SFC /scannow it kept say "windows resource protection found no integrity violations" I also disabled my firefox and Steam/Battle net program GPU hardware acceleration, sadly did not help. Just seconds ago I did rendered a video on my editing software and the tiny icons at far right on taskbar (clock,norton,realtek audio etc) disappeared, right clicking refresh did not help so I did empty my recycle bin and they came back instantly. I have the latest AMD graphics drivers installed 18.5.1 meaning I already did restart and reinstall. Graphical glitches or fade out errors also happens randomly. But one thing I'm sure %100, this happens slowly, in 10-15 seconds or so, last night I had a rare chance to reboot before it happens, its all starts with visual problems then losing my connection then hangs. I did not installed any windows update since weeks now, should I do that?

I have no issues on device manager as well, no yellow checkmarks etc

I have no idea what is wrong with my computer and I can really use some help here, thanks in advance

:)

Pagefile'sys, Aug 17, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 17, 2018
  3. GAZ
    Gaz Win User
    Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of)

I have read a thread or five via a Google search about random freezing with Windows 10, but none of their symptoms match mine, so I thought I'd post a new thread.

I'm getting random system freezes or hangs which prevent me from opening apps or programs and clicking on the task bar (or even getting it to come out of auto-hide). When it's happened before, I've left the system alone for a while but it never recovers.
    If it is of any consequence, things go a bit quieter when this happens and the normal noise that I assume is from the hard drive stops. There's no clicking or anything alarming either before or after the freeze.

When it hangs, what I can still do is:
    • Move the mouse
    • Move already open windows around, snap to full screen or to the side
    • Get the right click menu on the desktop, although it appears verrrrry slowly and nothing can be clicked on it when it appears
    • Ctrl-alt-delete and the regular screen pops up
    • Open the task manager and the subsequent performance tab which shows no movement across all the graphs

The only thing left to do is a hard restart as, even though the ctrl-alt-del screen still comes up, when I restart via this, it just loops forever with 'Restarting' on the screen.

What I did to get to where I am:

• Installed the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 via the Microsoft Win10 media creation tool
    • Used the media creation tool to burn a USB stick .iso
    • Downloaded and ran a program (Lollipop key finder or something) to find my new Win10 key
    • Clean install from my .iso and my new Win 10 key
    • Experienced the problem very often (every 15 minutes or so) with a completely fresh install
    • Thought it might be hard drive related, so I re-seated my hard drive connectors on my motherboard
    • Did a RAM diagnostic, no problems
    • Defragmented HDD
    • Problem is still present but only every couple of hours now. Nothing specific appears to trigger it, but at least I've been able to install the programs that I regularly use.

I've also done the recommended steps in this thread, to no avail. Disk health is good, no store corruption detected/obvious errors/noises. I even gave things a monthly blast with compressed air whilst re-seating the hard drives but now I'm at a loss.

Any ideas would be appreciated. *Huh

4. Jessen P Win User

Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

Windows 10 random freeze

Hi,

Did you make any changes recently to the computer which may have led to random freeze?

Random hangs are often due to damage to the Windows configuration, faulty hardware, or malware. However, because this behavior is random, it can be especially difficult to identify the proper cause.

Random hangs can also be caused by other faulty hardware. Consult with your PC manufacturer to run available hardware diagnostics. This could include:

• PC diagnostics that test the integrity of the core PC devices, such as the processor fans and cooling system
    • Video and display diagnostics
    • Additional hard drive diagnostics

I would request you to perform SFC scan(if you have not tried it) and then check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files
    and restore corrupted files.

To know about SFC and to perform a SFC Scan, please refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please revert if you still face the random hang.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

1. Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10 - Similar Threads - Graphical visual problems

2. Windows hang/freeze Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hang/freeze Problem: Last 2 months windows keeps hanging/freezing after a short time I do not use the system.Can anyone please list all places to disable system from hibenate/pause/sleep?Current system though it happened before last system update:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version...
  3. Windows hang/freeze Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hang/freeze Problem: Last 2 months windows keeps hanging/freezing after a short time I do not use the system.Can anyone please list all places to disable system from hibenate/pause/sleep?Current system though it happened before last system update:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version...
  4. Win10 Random freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Random freezing: Had been having random freezing and occasional BSODs for months and months. I tried everything I could find online at least once without success until I found PassMark Burnin Test which I thought I would try as I suspected it was something to do with the graphics card and...
  5. Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs: About once or twice a day, my computer randomly hangs or freezes and it's super annoying. This problem started happening after reinstalling windows onto my new SSD from my hard drive. I have updated windows and reinstalled graphics drivers. I've used HWiNFO64 and it all...
  6. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing: Hi, everyone. My PC has been freezing lately, and the only thing I could do to get out of it was power down and restart. I tried all the suggested updates and system checks from the forums but they didn't work. Then I read someone's experience of a faulty cable causing...
  7. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing: Hi Support, Currently I have run windows latest updated. Checked internal laptop diagnostic for hardware any issues, passed the diagnosed test. Done office 2010 internal repaired w/o any issues. Its did hangs Excel, Adobe Reader, Windows updates randomly. I appreciate...
  8. Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD)

Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD): This freeze/hang has been going on randomly for months (I believe setting in after the Fall Creators Update; I'd deferred that one but it forced itself through 1/13/2018). Keyboard and mouse stop functioning, and music stops playing too. I can only get it back up and...
  9. Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of): I have read a thread or five via a Google search about random freezing with Windows 10, but none of their symptoms match mine, so I thought I'd post a new thread. I'm getting random system freezes or hangs which prevent me from opening apps or programs and clicking on the...
  10. Random Freezing and Hanging in Build 14279

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezing and Hanging in Build 14279: After a clean install of Build 14279, then reinstalling several programs, I'm getting occasional and random freeze-ups. Blutos Cousin posted the following: I've been having random freezing in 14279 rs1 where the mouse pointer disappears and turns into something that...