Windows 10: Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Discus and support Graphics artifacting on desktop...? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Darkstrike, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical artifacting on text and images everywhere. I've tried checking the drivers, but the newest drivers listed on the Intel site are older than the ones that Windows 10 installed during it's upgrade from Win7...

Example screenshot:

Graphics artifacting on desktop...? [​IMG]

(Screenshot is a low resolution because I just have an old CRT hooked up to do the upgrade, the owner of the computer has a newer LCD monitor)

Is there a setting in Windows I can try disabling to get this issue solved? The computer belongs to an elderly lady with poor eyesight, so this just won't do.....any ideas are appreciated!

:)

Darkstrike, Mar 31, 2016

2. ThinkPad T530 Graphics Artifacts upon system wakes up from sleep in Docking Station

Upgraded to Windows 10. Lenovo T530 thinkpad in a docking station.

When I restart or start from a shutdown, there is no graphics artifacts on the attached display to the docking station. When I go to sleep mode and then start again, graphics artifacts from the system are now on the display and will not go away unless I
    restart. Display refresh will not clear the screen. Logging off and then on again will not clear the screen.

Earl J. Dodd, Mar 31, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    What causes these odd font artifacts around numbers

The artifacts you are seeing appear only with numbers, but that's a red herring. It's a screen artifact like any other screen artifact that sometimes affects a monitor. The problem is that these artifacts have a million causes, give or take.

Presuming that you have a graphics driver that is supported on Windows 10, and that you have already tried restarting your computer, here are some fixes that have worked for others:

• Refresh the screen (press F5.) You may have to do this 2 or 3 times.
    • Turn off ClearType.
    • Open Task Manager and End Task on Windows Explorer. That forces the Windows shell to restart.

BulldogXX, Mar 31, 2016
  4. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Anybody have any ideas? *Sad

Darkstrike, Apr 5, 2016
  5. TPigPog Win User
    Is it a possibility that it's your old CRT that is the source of the problem? If not, maybe she accidentally downloaded MSI Afterburner and overclocked that dog of a PC's graphics card... Try underclocking the graphics and/or check the temperatures of the various components using hardware monitor.

MSI Afterburner download link: Afterburner - MSI Gaming Series
    Hardware Monitor download link: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

TPigPog, Apr 7, 2016
  6. Not the CRT - it does the same thing on her newer LCD. Not MSI either. *Sad

Darkstrike, Apr 8, 2016
  7. TPigPog Win User
    Maybe it has degraded due to temperature stress, check the temperatures of the components to check if there is anything abnormal. It could have been the stresses of running minesweeper and solitaire at 4K simultaneously on a quad monitor setup, they are pretty graphically intense games! *Tongue Although you could try downgrading the drivers to older versions and see if the same thing happens you could also try it on the Microsoft Generic drivers that give the most basic display to get the system up and running.

TPigPog, Apr 8, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Hi there

Try changing Resolution and scan frequency in the advanced display settings. Your LCD monitor might also have some hardware settings in its menu -- try those as well.

A decent LCD monitor should yield full 1080p at a minimum without artifacting - even on a cheap and nasty onboard graphics system --your graphics should be fine.

The Monitor hardware settings (on the actual Monitor) would be the first thing to look at. There's all sorts of picture options usually - and you might have got it set for 4:3 by mistake --especially if you used an old CRT monitor initially.

Also don't Oversharpen the picture or have contrast / brightness set too high. If there's a Gamma control on the monitor use that - it is easier than messing around with Contrast + Brightness combinations.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 8, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    You mean this? Intel 82Q33 Graphics and Memory Controller) Specifications
    A seh for "Graphics Drivers for Intel® Q33 Express Chipset" in Intel Download Center yields it ....

*Arrow Drivers Software

Also, HP Compaq dc5800 Microtower PC does not contain Windows 10 in its Operating System's dropdown list.

No graphics driver for windows 10. Probably that is the reason behind the screen artifacts.

10. Somewhere suggested I install DirectX and that seems to have solved the problem so far, will report back in a few days and I'll let you know!

Darkstrike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

1. Graphics artifacting on desktop...? - Similar Threads - Graphics artifacting desktop

2. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  3. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  4. Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.: A translator was used. Sorry if that. Hello! I would like to apologize in advance if I chose the wrong topic/sub-topic. The essence of the problem is that graphical applications based on WPF causal relationship will be further are displayed incorrectly. I won't be able to...
  5. Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004: Hello, I updated to the new 2004 version and also updated my nvidia drivers, since then I'm having a graphical glitch from time to time, I'm 99% sure it started with this update because it also started to happen on my girlfriend's PC, we both use double monitors on extended...
  6. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Hi all, Since yesterday my computer has started having graphical issues. Here are some examples: [img] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome had some issues as well but those appear to have...
  7. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Since yesterday my computer has been having graphics issues. Here's an example: [IMG] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome also had some issues initially but those appear to have been fixed...
  8. Recurring graphical artifacts on taskbar

Recurring graphical artifacts on taskbar: Recently I've been having an issue with some small graphical artifacts on my taskbar. They appear in the exact same place each time. I don't think it's an issue with my GPU, considering they show up on screenshots (see attachments). This problem only started after I had to...
  9. Graphic artifacts on desktop

Graphic artifacts on desktop: Good day folks, Today when I booted Train Simulator 2015, it hanged on the Dovetail logo and eventually froze, i had to restart the pc from the button, after the restart, the desktop was filled with numerous horizontal lines of different lenghts and colors, artifacts in...
  10. Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.: I seem to have another issue following the Creators Update upgrade in which I'm seeing graphical artifacts. I first noticed it in the shutdown process where the screen goes blue (could be black, not sure) It happens very quickly but I think I would describe the artifacts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 artifacting then wont boot

2. graphics artifacting windows 10