Windows 10: Graphics artifacts after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

Discus and support Graphics artifacts after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded my Windows 7 to 10 and have been suffering from some graphics problems. Namely, there are some problems with contrasting colors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tigrowski, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Tigrowski Win User

Graphics artifacts after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

I've recently upgraded my Windows 7 to 10 and have been suffering from some graphics problems. Namely, there are some problems with contrasting colors during fast light changes. To give you an example, here are two scenes from Captain Spirit from just a moment ago (I know the footage is shaky and grainy but what I'm talking about is clearly visible + I had to keep moving the mouse to trigget the artifacts when the lighting changes, look at what happens at the edges of various objects to see what I mean):

One: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MoAvZjnwXAgQyfEy6
    ...and two: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SsXdNMke1z1wJhQPA

Same things happen on any other game when there's sudden movement, in movies, on YouTube, everywhere. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the monitor to factory settings, all to no avail. I'm sure it's not a cable problem because everything was running swell on this very same machine at one moment and then started behaving weird the moment I upgraded to Windows 10 so it's not a hardware issue.

What else may I try?

Also, here are the system specs:

* Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance
    * CPU: Intel CORE I5-4670K +Grandis XE1236
    * RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB
    * GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II OC
    * Disks: Seagate 1TB + Samsung SSD840 EVO 120GB + Samsung SSD850 EVO 250GB
    * Monitor: LG 29EA93

:)

Tigrowski, Jul 6, 2018

2. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical artifacting on text and images everywhere. I've tried checking the drivers, but the newest drivers listed on the Intel site are older than the ones that Windows 10 installed during it's upgrade from Win7...

Example screenshot:

Graphics artifacts after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 [​IMG]

(Screenshot is a low resolution because I just have an old CRT hooked up to do the upgrade, the owner of the computer has a newer LCD monitor)

Is there a setting in Windows I can try disabling to get this issue solved? The computer belongs to an elderly lady with poor eyesight, so this just won't do.....any ideas are appreciated!

Darkstrike, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 6, 2018
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

You mean this? Intel 82Q33 Graphics and Memory Controller) Specifications
    A seh for "Graphics Drivers for Intel® Q33 Express Chipset" in Intel Download Center yields it ....

*Arrow Drivers Software

Also, HP Compaq dc5800 Microtower PC does not contain Windows 10 in its Operating System's dropdown list.

No graphics driver for windows 10. Probably that is the reason behind the screen artifacts.

Thema:

1. Graphics artifacts after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Graphics artifacts upgrading

2. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  3. Graphical + Sound Artifacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphical + Sound Artifacts: I appreciate any assistance in advance.I am unsure what to do at this point.I’ve been having issues with my PC for about a month now. It all started with sound distortions and visual artifacts appearing on the screen. Programs would also randomly close such as file explorer....
  4. Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004: Hello, I updated to the new 2004 version and also updated my nvidia drivers, since then I'm having a graphical glitch from time to time, I'm 99% sure it started with this update because it also started to happen on my girlfriend's PC, we both use double monitors on extended...
  5. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Hi all, Since yesterday my computer has started having graphical issues. Here are some examples: [img] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome had some issues as well but those appear to have...
  6. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Since yesterday my computer has been having graphics issues. Here's an example: [IMG] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome also had some issues initially but those appear to have been fixed...
  7. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  8. Graphic artifacts on desktop

Graphic artifacts on desktop: Good day folks, Today when I booted Train Simulator 2015, it hanged on the Dovetail logo and eventually froze, i had to restart the pc from the button, after the restart, the desktop was filled with numerous horizontal lines of different lenghts and colors, artifacts in...
  9. Graphics artifacting on desktop...?

Graphics artifacting on desktop...?: Hey all - just installed Win10 on an HP DCS5800 Slim desktop with an Intel Q33 graphics card. Windows 10 seems to run fine, but I am getting graphical artifacting on text and images everywhere. I've tried checking the drivers, but the newest drivers listed on the Intel site...
  10. Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphical artifacts 1703 upgrade.: I seem to have another issue following the Creators Update upgrade in which I'm seeing graphical artifacts. I first noticed it in the shutdown process where the screen goes blue (could be black, not sure) It happens very quickly but I think I would describe the artifacts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen artifacts windows 7