Windows 10: Graphics card now or later?

Discus and support Graphics card now or later? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So got paid not too long ago and was wondering If I should get a GTX 1070 now or wait till the end of next month to buy a 1080? Still don't have a case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Dimerz, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Dimerz Win User

Graphics card now or later?

So got paid not too long ago and was wondering If I should get a GTX 1070 now or wait till the end of next month to buy a 1080? Still don't have a case and haven't had one since my last one smoked up with the wires melting (had that returned with my money back in my hand), still need to buy myself a deathadder and monitor as I'm using a TV for now. I am using a rather large room fan pointed at the motherboard with H100i cooling on my CPU.

:)

Dimerz, Jul 28, 2016

2. Graphics card crash after wakeup from sleep mode

Please tell me that, is the AMD graphics card a dedicated or integrated graphics card? If it is dedicated graphics card, then this issue is not because of it. If it is an integrated one, then it might be because of AMD graphics card only. So if you have
    found out the integrated graphics card on your pc, then just uninstall it's drivers and head over to your PC manufacturer website (Not graphics card manufacturer website). Now download the graphics card driver and try installing it. Try updating the BIOS drivers
    too. I hope your problem may get solved.

ManuShukla, Jul 28, 2016
  3. {Jason} Win User
    Contents of CD / DVD not recognized when disc is changed

Also, in the device manager, I used to see two display adapters, one for my graphics card and one for the integrated graphics; now I only see the graphics card driver.

{Jason}, Jul 28, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

If you buy the 1070 now, you'll regret not waiting for the 1080, 'coz the 1080 is the best (leaving off the Pascal Titan X).

If you buy the 1080, you'll regret blowing an extra £200 on something that won't improve your life much.

Apologies for the sarcasm, but only you can decide what you want.

bobkn, Jul 28, 2016
  5. Dimerz Win User
    Haha, i understand what you mean, the thing is im trying to save up for a motorbike tooo so i think getting the 1070 would be better.

Dimerz, Jul 28, 2016
  6. Dimerz Win User
    I've been looking at the Rx 480 and think that its the best for value and the purpose id like to use it. All i would do is like to play Ultra Rainbow Six Siege and other FPS games 60+ FPS. Are there any other graphics cards that would fall under this price ranging up to £350?

++RX480 Nitro+ OC seems like the one I'm going to get.

Dimerz, Jul 29, 2016
  7. GTX 970.

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC Gaming ACX 2.0+ Cooling Graphics Card (04G-P4-3975-KR): Computers Accessories

Amazon.com: MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 970 4GB OC DirectX 12 VR READY (GTX 970 GAMING 4G): Computers Accessories

RubberDucky, Jul 29, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

GTX 1060.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...x-1060-review/

The 1060 has 6GB of graphics memory.

The 480 comes in 4 and 8GB variants, so that has to be considered in comparing prices.

People will complain bitterly about the GTX 970, which was released almost 2 years ago. (Gasp!)

bobkn, Jul 29, 2016
  9. Dimerz Win User
    I was looking at the 8GB one and the RX 480 Nitro+ OC beats the 1060 and 970 and 980. To add I've read that the 480 will only be getting better as they software progresses.

Dimerz, Jul 29, 2016
  10. That's because DX12 is crap and Vulcan and open GL are doing a better job in that regard

I have a 1080 it's pretty good I used to run a lot of AMD cards but to be honest now days they are limited and crossfire isn't always a work with most games i would honestly get the 1070 or 80 and skip the RX cards remember Nvidia is barley getting drivers up and maybe in 6 months one 1080 will just topple any 480 cross fire combo out

solarstarshines, Jul 29, 2016
  11. Josbeph Win User
    Personally, I would get the 1070. You would'nt use the 1080 to its full potential, so you might as well save some money and get the 1070.

Josbeph, Jul 29, 2016
  12. swarfega Win User
    The 1070 is a really good performer, outperforming the old Titan X, so you shouldn't regret buying it. I myself am going for the 1070 rather than the 1080. I don't have the cash for the amount they're charging and I don't use 4k or have everything on ultra settings. I've been happy with the performance of my 970 and the 1070 will absolutely outperform it.

You also have to consider the wattage of your PSU and what it can handle. Granted the 900 and now the 1000 cards are very efficient at energy usage but you still need to check the PSU's wattage.

Save yourself 200 bucks and get another piece of hardware as well.

swarfega, Jul 29, 2016
  13. Edward Win User

I have the 1070 and very happy with it *Smile

Edward, Jul 29, 2016
  14. Dimerz Win User
    1070's are around £400 give or take and to be honest i dont really need 10 fps quicker as I've dealt with 30 fps and and lower most of my life so having 60fps is great. Will order the RX480 Nitro+ OC despite what has been said previously as I realised I dont have £400, but only enough to get the AMD card.

Don't get me wrong I was always with GTX and their movement but now I've seen the RX480 and 1060 side by side, I see that the GTX is more of the bently than the BMW. You pay more for the name.

Dimerz, Jul 29, 2016
  15. Dimerz Win User
    I have indeed bought the RX480 Nitro +. Lets see how i like the AMD cards.

Dimerz, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Graphics card now or later? - Similar Threads - Graphics card later

2. Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card: Windows 11 recognizes that I have a graphics card but cannot tell what kind. When I try to install the Nvidia driver it says no Nvidia card detected.Card: NVIDIA QUADRO 2000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/3fce5390-78e0-4cc2-b185-6b8afc2feb93
  3. Graphics cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics cards: Hello. Can someone help me I have a question about graphics cards.So I've seen these RTX series and they have different manufacturers like MSI,GIGABYTE , ZOTAC etc but I've saw some graphics cards named founders editionThey were named NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080ti founders...
  4. Graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card: I was playing a game and everything ws fine and then i got a black screen out of know where i couldnt tab out and i couldnt force quit the game so i unplugged my computer. Now when i load it up it says checking for media presence then loads to the blue windows screen that...
  5. Graphics Card

Graphics Card: I recently replaced my hard drive, and installed Windows 10. Then I added a more robust graphics card to use with apps that require enhanced graphics. To make a long story short, my new graphics card worked for about a minute then the screen went black and went to sleep due...
  6. Graphics Card

Graphics Card: I have a gpu with is GTX 1050ti it has hdmi port do I need to buy a motherboard that has a hdmi??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/76c70aeb-bc05-436e-918a-783004ed6c57
  7. graphic card

graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  8. graphics card

graphics card: how do I find out which graphic card I have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/ce87d398-8667-4c3a-985c-96a6c9defdf6
  9. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  10. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...