Windows 10: Graphics card

Discus and support Graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys i am having HP p6140in desktop having boston 1.0 msi motherboard *Rolleyes*Rolleyes i want to upgrade graphics to 2GB which is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by chika531, Dec 7, 2017.

1. chika531 Win User

Graphics card

Hi guys i am having HP p6140in desktop having boston 1.0 msi motherboard *Rolleyes*Rolleyes
    i want to upgrade graphics to 2GB which is now 256MB*cry*cry, my query is which 2GB graphics card will my motherboard support...
    i am attaching my computer details dxdiag

plz help*092

thank you*Smile*Smile

:)

chika531, Dec 7, 2017

2. graphics cards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue occurs if your “Display Adapter” is not updated.

Please follow the steps given below to uninstall and update
    Universal Bus Controllers drivers and check if issue persist.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Display Adapter”.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the graphic driver, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 Graphic driver for your computer and check.
    • After downloading update, follow process 1-2.
    • Then go to each of the drivers, click on it, go to the driver tab and click on Upgrade Driver.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 7, 2017
  3. graphics cards

Windows 10 will not upgrade, says my graphics card is not good enough any one have any suggestions running a 64 bit processor of what will work? So many choices. Not really a gamer just want to upgrade.

karenlong02, Dec 7, 2017
  4. Graphics card

The motherboard does have a PCIe 1.1 x16 slot so technically any recent graphics card will work.

Of course, you have a 10 year old system so your gaming performance will probably be severely limited by your CPU and memory even if you do get a new video card.

PolarNettles, Dec 8, 2017
  5. chika531 Win User
    which 2GB graphics card will support my motherboard.

chika531, Dec 8, 2017
  6. Pretty much any 2GB video card will be supported by your motherboard, provided you have enough power from your PSU to power the hardware up.

I suggest just buying a whole new system though. MSI Boston does not have support for Core 2 Quads so you are severely limited when it comes to processor upgrade.

RoasterMen, Dec 8, 2017
  7. chika531 Win User
    Oh god... thanx buddy

chika531, Feb 11, 2018
  8. chika531 Win User

Graphics card

Got it thank you ☺

chika531, Feb 11, 2018
  9. Bat 1 Win User
    Something along the line of the Geforce GT 710 or GT 720 would be the highest performing GPU that you could use with the stock PSU

Or if You prefer AMD then a Radeon 6450

Bat 1, Feb 11, 2018
  10. - and pay attention to the card's physical dimensions..
    - some may not fit your case..

BugMeister, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Graphics card

1. Graphics card - Similar Threads - Graphics card

2. Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source: My Windows 11 workstation has an RTX 3070 GPU, whose HDMI output is connected to a Denon AV amp AVC-X8500H. The Windows Sound settings for this output support multichannel audio but the AV amp treats it as a stereo input even when playing multichannel videos on the computer....
  3. Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source: My Windows 11 workstation has an RTX 3070 GPU, whose HDMI output is connected to a Denon AV amp AVC-X8500H. The Windows Sound settings for this output support multichannel audio but the AV amp treats it as a stereo input even when playing multichannel videos on the computer....
  4. Custom display resolution with NVIDIA T400 graphics card on Windows 11

Custom display resolution with NVIDIA T400 graphics card on Windows 11: I have a new Lenovo P3 ThinkStation desktop workstation running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA T400 graphics card. In Windows 11, when I go to Settings > System > Display, Windows gives me the following twelve options for display resolution in the square [] I have listed the...
  5. Custom display resolution with NVIDIA T400 graphics card on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom display resolution with NVIDIA T400 graphics card on Windows 11: I have a new Lenovo P3 ThinkStation desktop workstation running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA T400 graphics card. In Windows 11, when I go to Settings > System > Display, Windows gives me the following twelve options for display resolution in the square [] I have listed the...
  6. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working: My laptop shut down due to low power while it was in the middle of restarting during an update. Now my computer works like normal except that it bluescreens every time it updates, and my NVIDIA graphics card doesn't work doesn't show up in task manager at all, and...
  7. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working: My laptop shut down due to low power while it was in the middle of restarting during an update. Now my computer works like normal except that it bluescreens every time it updates, and my NVIDIA graphics card doesn't work doesn't show up in task manager at all, and...
  8. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

9. Windows refusing to use graphics card error 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows refusing to use graphics card error 43: Here is my PC's components and it's information:CPU: IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHzRAM: Type: DDR3 / Size:8GBGPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 730Disk drive: Model: TEAM T253512GB / Size: 512GBI reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC about 2 weeks ago, and updates have been running...
  10. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...