Windows 10: Graphics driver crashing to black screen - GT-610

Discus and support Graphics driver crashing to black screen - GT-610 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Have been waiting for NVIDIA to fix their driver since windows 10 release. I tried the latest driver from windows update and they still crash to black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by banger, Oct 5, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Graphics driver crashing to black screen - GT-610

Have been waiting for NVIDIA to fix their driver since windows 10 release. I tried the latest driver from windows update and they still crash to black screen on my Asus GT610, rolling back to the windows 8 driver and everything is fine.

Anyone else having trouble or know a fix for latest driver.

:)

banger, Oct 5, 2015

2. Intel HD Graphics driver crash when coming out of sleep mode

Upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm having issues with graphics crashing when coming out of sleep mode. I get a black screen, but if I wait a bit I can click while screen is black to bring up the password login screen and try to guess where password field box
    is to type in password. After signing in on the black screen then my screen is fine. I have Intel HD integrated graphics (HP 8440P). I have tried using drivers from HP website and windows driver update (intel driver), and both have same issue with driver
    crash.

da_scribblez, Oct 5, 2015
  3. AKADL419 Win User
    Windows 10 not utilizing full screen and not recognizing second monitor

I figured it out, I think. At least it is all working at the moment correctly. I updated the driver for my Nvidia GEForce GT 610 graphics card and after the system hiccuped a few times it finally is recognizing everything and all is full screen. Hope
    it holds up after a shutdown.

AKADL419, Oct 5, 2015
  4. banger Win User

Sorry but what is a TDR?

banger, Oct 5, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Oct 5, 2015
  6. banger Win User
    I will try the 22 Sep Drivers from Nvidia as Windows Update doesnt tell you which drivers it is installing. 32 and 64 bit dual boot, 32 bit is my main OS and 64 bit is Windows Insider.

banger, Oct 5, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Yes that is the newest driver for your card, just thought you had tried that already as said at beginning, said you went back to older one from 8.1. O.k. did not know had a dual boot, just looking at specs and saw both bits. Do not use Windows update, go directly to NVIDIA.

jds63, Oct 5, 2015
  8. banger Win User

So far so good no crashes will run a few days before marking as solved.

banger, Oct 6, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    So your basic issue was with the driver windows update installed, rather then using the newest one from NVIDIA.

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  10. banger Win User
    Yes I let WU install the driver and it is still trying to do so even after the NVIDIA driver was installed. Anyway will run at desktop for a few days and monitor.

banger, Oct 6, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    O.k. believe there was a way to stop that process in case. I may be able to find it here, seen it before to stop device drivers from getting updated through windows update, in case this becomes an issue for you more.

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
  13. banger Win User

Already done that but WU still nags you everyday to install the driver in the notifications bar and blocks other WU stuff not an ideal fix.

banger, Oct 6, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Weird how does not happen to me as i have NVIDIA Chipset card, even with any other devices as the only updates i get are for Windows 10 and never used that tutorial either.

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  15. banger Win User
    I wonder if there is some way to clear the WU queue?

banger, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Graphics driver crashing to black screen - GT-610 - Similar Threads - Graphics driver crashing

2. Blue Screen of Death/Black Screen Crashes and Graphics Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death/Black Screen Crashes and Graphics Driver Issues: Hi,I was wondering if someone could help me please regarding my laptop make: L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL. Over the past month, my laptop has been experiencing frequent crashes - either when the screen goes completely black for up to around 10 seconds, or the...
  3. Blue Screen of Death/Black Screen Crashes and Graphics Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death/Black Screen Crashes and Graphics Driver Issues: Hi,I was wondering if someone could help me please regarding my laptop make: L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL. Over the past month, my laptop has been experiencing frequent crashes - either when the screen goes completely black for up to around 10 seconds, or the...
  4. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  5. Graphic Driver causes black screen

Graphic Driver causes black screen: Hi there, I hope you are doing well ^^! So, i'm facing a serious trouble with my new graphic card "GTX 760" and i hope you could help me guys, First, check out my PC config => Config : - Mobo : MSI Z87M Gaming - Cpu: Intel Core i5 4éme Gen 4460 / 3.2 Ghz OC: 3.5 Ghz - Ram :...
  6. Graphics driver update... Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics driver update... Black screen: Hey allI have an AMD RX580 8GB and have just downloaded the latest drivers through the radeon app. The update needed me to restart the PC however the PC failed to restart and has left me with a blank screen. I have tried turning it on and off numerous times however this...
  7. Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card: I am trying to fix my nephew's old Athlon PC which currently has a 9800GT in it. The driver's I have found either BSOD or black screen. If I connect the PC to the internet it downloads a driver which then black screens. Has anyone successfully set up this card on Windows 10?...
  8. Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card

Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card: I am trying to fix my nephew's old Athlon PC which currently has a 9800GT in it. The driver's I have found either BSOD or black screen. If I connect the PC to the internet it downloads a driver which then black screens. Has anyone successfully set up this card on Windows 10?...
  9. Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install

Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install: Hi. I have a pre-built Asus desktop computer that came with OEM Geforce GT 640. The desktop came with Windows 8. In the past I upgraded to Windows 10. However, I just recently got an SSD (upgrade from HDD) and want to start fresh. If I install windows 8 from the media that...
  10. Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Nvida GT 610

Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Nvida GT 610: Which of these two is better? I have both of them in my PC. I have heard that the hd graphics does better than the nvidia gt 610. Would it make any difference if I disable the nvidia card and use the intel graphics? Or do both of them work together in sync? 32644