Windows 10: Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes

Discus and support Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My graphics driver crashes very often, followed by a message saying that the graphics driver has crashed and recovered. This never happened before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by FoxyGramps, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes

My graphics driver crashes very often, followed by a message saying that the graphics driver has crashed and recovered. This never happened before upgrading to Windows 10. It happens most often when I'm playing Hearthstone, but also occasionally elsewhere. Today my computer itself crashed due to this for the first time, giving me an error message that I don't remember. When I'm playing Hearthstone, it sometimes happens every 5 seconds or so, being frozen for about 5-10 seconds. My computer prompted me to upgrade to Windows 10, saying it was compatible, so I don't understand why this is happening. I'm not exactly sure what information to provide (this is my first time visiting a forum such as this), but here is what I know:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Microprocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz

System Memory: 8GB
    Memory slot 1: 4GB Samsung 1600MHz
    Memory slot 2: 4GB Samsung 1600MHz

System board: 1962 KBC Version 93.52

System BIOS: F.66

Graphics Device 1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    Current resolution: 1366 x 768
    Refresh rate: 59
    Version: 10.18.15.4248 (6/29/2015)

Graphics memory: 4,175 MB

Aero status: Enabled

:)

FoxyGramps, Dec 20, 2015

2. Need assistance with constant BSOD

it's a new computer came overclocked to 4.6ghz on an i7 7700k, I turned off the overclock but to no avail, I have the latest graphics card drivers for the gtx 1080ti installed. It just crashed so i started to try and install a few more drovers but its just
    getting more frequent. These were all drivers included in the msi disc that came with it.

Thanks again.

Tom- Herp Derp, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Screen goes black and browser drops when accessing https site

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the issue please let us know

1. Which browser are you using?

2.Do you experience any issue while playing videos or sound while offline and online?

If you are using Internet Explorer 11 it might be trying to use hardware acceleration and your graphic drivers might not be able to handle it - resulting in frequent graphic driver crashes. In case of a graphic driver crash, the screen goes black and Windows
    starts to re-start the driver.

Please refer to the KB Article below to disable hardware acceleration and see if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2528233

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 20, 2015
  4. cognus Win User

Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes

The fix for this is to slow down the timeout via the windows registry but at the moment I am not certain the syntax.
    it is a very common problem with most "fixes" you see posted around the web amounting to placebos.
    The problem is not new - it has dogged our steps since windows 7 and still not resolved. In my past experience, some dedicated gpu devices from nvidia and amd were the most susceptible but now I see it on Intel HD [4400 in my case].

hopefully someone here knows this cold: the registry setting is to be entered under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers but from there, the entries that are extant differ a lot from one system to another. must insert a longer delay value for driver response, otherwise windows "tolerance" for the response is too aggressive, aborting the process, resulting in crash

cognus, Dec 25, 2015
  5. I actually did this and a got a different error that said the application was blocked from accessing graphics hardware, and instead of freezing for a few seconds and recovering, the game would crash completely.

FoxyGramps, Dec 25, 2015
  6. cognus Win User
    then it sounds like your game.
    can't help with that idiosyncrasy

cognus, Dec 27, 2015
  7. It's not a problem with the game because it worked fine for years with 8.1 and it works fine on 10 for millions of others. I have uninstalled/reinstalled as well as repaired. It is my specific device working poorly with 10 despite the face that I was told it is fully compatible.

FoxyGramps, Dec 27, 2015
  8. nanakji Win User

Have you found any help with this?

nanakji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes - Similar Threads - Graphics Driver Frequently

2. Wifi Driver Crashing Frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Driver Crashing Frequently: Summary: My Wifi Driver is crashing so frequently that it is now a challenge to use my computer. I have tried every solution I could find online. Breakdown: The problem began 2 months ago, and was fixed by uninstalling my driver, then restarting the computerThe problem...
  3. Wifi Driver Crashing Frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Driver Crashing Frequently: Summary: My Wifi Driver is crashing so frequently that it is now a challenge to use my computer. I have tried every solution I could find online. Breakdown: The problem began 2 months ago, and was fixed by uninstalling my driver, then restarting the computerThe problem...
  4. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  5. Graphic driver crash

Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  6. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  8. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  9. Graphic driver crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic driver crashing: I'm still......having trouble with my graphics driver crashing every time a video comes on FB. No one has been able to fix this yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crashing/e7a9cd51-130c-4fd4-8bcf-a5af0a1c19b6
  10. Graphics Driver crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Driver crash: I just updated to Windows 10. My graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT610 . i updated to the latest version of the driver also(356.63). But randomly my screen goes blank and after a second or two it becomes normal a notification comes saying Graphics driver not responding and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows rebuild display database HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers