Windows 10: Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers

Discus and support Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I got my Dell Inspiron laptop this past Christmas and the graphics driver installed for the A8-7410 APU w/Radeon R5 Graphics is from 2015. So is it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DCOmega, May 30, 2017.

1. DCOmega Win User

Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers

I got my Dell Inspiron laptop this past Christmas and the graphics driver installed for the A8-7410 APU w/Radeon R5 Graphics is from 2015. So is it the norm for Manufacturers to just install custom divers from the past and never update them? I have no issues I'm just a little curious to how this all works...

Thanks

:)

DCOmega, May 30, 2017
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 64 bit auto update 3/22/17 to Nvidia 378.92 for my GTX 960 graphics card fails to recognize my 3rd monitor

Hi Andy,

Based on your original post, Windows auto-updated the version of your graphics driver. The update for your graphics driver came from your manufacturer. You also mentioned that when you rolled back the version of your graphics driver, your 3rd monitor became
    active again. It means that there may be an issue with the latest driver update. If you still want to update your graphics driver, we recommend you contact the manufacturer of your graphics driver for further assistance.

Thanks.

Argel Obm, May 30, 2017
  3. JemBuk Win User
    Flash Player not working on Windows 10, multiple browsers

It's a graphic driver problem. You need to contact the manufacturer of your graphic card.

JemBuk, May 30, 2017
  4. Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers

For laptops, yes. For desktops, Not necessary.

RoasterMen, May 30, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, the typical story is that laptop manufacturers customise a generic driver from the supplier for the laptop's particular configuration. Thus the guideline is that you should always get your laptop's device drivers from the manufacturer of the laptop.

This is likely to be older than the latest generic driver from the supplier of the driver.

MS, in Win 10, takes responsibility for delivering your PC's drivers, thus it maintains an extensive database of appropriate drivers. However, occasionally, with some older PCs, it seems that database can be (rather understandably if you think about it) incomplete, and very occasionally a driver may even be missing after installing Windows. This means you have to try to find a solution.

So what happens when the manufacturer only provides drivers to, say, Win 8.1, and someone upgrades their (non-approved) laptop to Win 10? Perhaps remarkably in most cases this still works. However there is a risk of incompatibility, either at a level immediately obvious to the user, or at a lower level (e.g. thermal management issues).

So is it true that you must follow the line that you should only use manufacturer approved drivers?
    Yes, inasmuch as if you want tested and approved reliable performance.

However, as I've said, if you venture into untested and unverified territory and install an OS not approved by your manufacturer, clearly you may or may not be using manufacturer approved drivers.

Now in some cases, the driver supplied by the manufacturer may not include features available from the hardware or driver supplier.

For example, I wanted to find a way to get sound enhancements- equaliser etc- on my PC using a Realtek driver. I found that downloading the one from Realtek, rather than my laptop manufacturer, gave me those extra features. It works perfectly well.

Nvidia seems to have its own update procedure for its drivers.

dalchina, May 30, 2017
  6. DCOmega Win User
    I understand. Thank you for the explanation *Smile

DCOmega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers

1. Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers - Similar Threads - Graphics Drivers Manufacturers

2. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  3. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  4. Drivers from Manufacturers site.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers from Manufacturers site.: Hey, Any help is greatly appreciated!!:I have an Acer Predator Laptop.I entered my product number and yada yada..So... I have 32 drivers to install, a few documents, a few preinstalled apps and bios / firmware.And yeah, what should I do about it?...
  5. Drivers from Manufacturers site.

Drivers from Manufacturers site.: Hey, Any help is greatly appreciated!!:I have an Acer Predator Laptop.I entered my product number and yada yada..So... I have 32 drivers to install, a few documents, a few preinstalled apps and bios / firmware.And yeah, what should I do about it?...
  6. Graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver: Hi everyone, so I have a Lenovo laptop running windows 11. What happens is that when I turn it on it the pixels light up, it is still black but because the pixels light up, it is dark blue. After the pixels light up, the Lenovo logo appears, then the problem is when the...
  7. Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Driver: Hey there! I have just performed a clean installation of Windows 10. After installation I updated graphics driver from windows 10 update service. But after installing the driver, the graphics started to lag and they are not working smoothly. Any solution?...
  8. Graphics Driver

Graphics Driver: Hey there! I have just performed a clean installation of Windows 10. After installation I updated graphics driver from windows 10 update service. But after installing the driver, the graphics started to lag and they are not working smoothly. Any solution?...
  9. Graphics Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Drivers: Hi everyone. I recently bought a lenovo ideapad laptop, it works great until I install the graphics driver. Once the computer is restarted it begins to crash, blinking black until it restarts. There are times when the system does not start the session, being left with the...
  10. GRAPHICS DRIVER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GRAPHICS DRIVER: Hi, By mistake I've uninstalled my Intel HD 620 graphics driver! How can i install it again? thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver/ba780f30-034d-4eb1-b5e4-e3421d972a6a