Windows 10: Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen

Discus and support Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a weird problem. The first problem was that I could not remember my password. I kept randomly entering possible passwords, none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ogustmoon, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Ogustmoon Win User

Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen

Hi,
    I am having a weird problem. The first problem was that I could not remember my password. I kept randomly entering possible passwords, none of which worked. I turned the laptop off for awhile. When I started up again, and the Login Screen came up, the password box, and all other icons/options are NOW grayed-out. Cannot type in password field, cannot shut down from shutdown icon; have to do manual shutdown. I HAVE mouse function ( using a wireless mouse ) in Login Screen.
    This does not change, no matter how many reboots.

Problem in BIOS now too: no up/down/right/left key function, so am unable to access anything. This does not change, no matter how many reboots.

Any idea what is going on with all this??

I am using an ASUS Laptop, Windows 10 free upgrade from Windows 8.1. No problems until this password thing/grayed-out thing.

Thanks,

:)

Ogustmoon, Jun 28, 2016

2. Why can't I download any games from the microsoft store with win10

Hello, we have a new laptop with win10 installed. we are unable to download any games. After you press the button "get" it shows a screen showing subject to Microsoft services agreement. buttons are grayed out.

100milerunr, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Screen rotation button grayed out

Well, you can try uninstall the update to see if it makes a difference.

Press Windows key + R

Type: appwiz.cpl

Hit Enter

Click View installed updates

Select the recent update

(This is the update you want to uninstall KB4048954)

Right click it then click uninstall.

Block it until a future cumulative update is released.

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?

Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Andre Da Costa, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen

1. Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen - Similar Threads - Grayed Buttons Win10

2. Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out: Hello,I am unable to purchase games or apps on the Windows Store. All games/apps show this gray button where the purchase/download button should be. I have looked online everywhere and have not found a solutions. To make matters worse, I cannot sign out directly in the app or...
  3. Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out: Hello,I am unable to purchase games or apps on the Windows Store. All games/apps show this gray button where the purchase/download button should be. I have looked online everywhere and have not found a solutions. To make matters worse, I cannot sign out directly in the app or...
  4. Gray Screen after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gray Screen after login: So I was cleaning out my windows 10 storage and i delete the temporary files, leaving downloads and pre installations untouchesI restarted my computer and after logging it it gray screens,, with a services panel that does nothingI have absolutely no idea how to fix this !...
  5. Power button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button grayed out: Power icon grayed out in turn system icon ..tried task manager windows explorer restart didn't help, went to device manager disabled Microsoft AC Adaptor then enabled disabled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery restated laptop in safe mode no use, from command...
  6. Grayed-out Install Button in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grayed-out Install Button in Microsoft Store: After uninstalling Minecraft to update it to the latest version, the "Install" button was grayed-out. I have tried every possible fix, however, none of them was able to fix the issue. I have also reset my PC to a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro 20H2. [ATTACH]...
  7. Ideas button grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ideas button grayed out: hi< i have downloaded the free trial for office 365, that will then get purchased after the months period. i intially did not find the ideas button, so i got it from the options and added it. i then tried applying it it just doesn;t work and is grayed out. also the...
  8. Microsoft Store install Button Grayed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store install Button Grayed out: Hello, I recently have switched and upgraded from a old computer. So as I was beginning to re download everything, I went to the Microsoft store and tried to download a gameState of Decay 2. However the install button is completely grayed out, but their is the 3 dot button...
  9. maximize button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    maximize button grayed out: I open a link within 1 application. The link opens but the scroll up/down and left right are not available; the resizing of the edges are not available and the maximize is grayed out. Windows 10 IE 11 Only happens with this one application/web page. Works fine on my...
  10. YES button grayed out on user control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YES button grayed out on user control: when trying to load a new software, the window asks if i want to allow this program to make changes to my computer. The ONLY choice is no...it asks for admin id and password..help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 store grayed out