Windows 10: Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

Discus and support Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just saw that there was a green check mark on some of the application icons on my desktop! Never seen this before! And then suddenly gone! Anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezpower, Aug 5, 2015.

1. rezpower Win User

Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

I just saw that there was a green check mark on some of the application icons on my desktop!
    Never seen this before! And then suddenly gone! Anyone knows what this is?

:)

rezpower, Aug 5, 2015

2. what does a green checkmark signify on my desktop icons

Green checkmarks on my desktop icons. What is the significance?

RobertAlvarez2, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Fr. Yuri Win User
    Strange Check Marks and Xs on Desktop Icons

Hello, everyone. I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my Windows 10 computer yet again. For this post... Well, let's just review as I noticed it.

About two weeks ago, I noticed that there were check marks in the middle of the bottom of ALL the icons on my desktop. It's a white circle with a black circle inside that with a green circle filling it in the rest
    of the way. In the middle of the green circle is a white checkmark. Just a moment ago there were small circles with checkmarks in them in the bottom left of each icon.

Earlier this evening, as I was watching my computer, these icons that looked like Google Chrome showed up on my desktop icons and after a moment of the whole screen flashing, they were replaced by more green checkmarks.

But I've also seen translucent, grey Xs on my icons.

Does ANYONE know what these are from? They weren't there in Windows 8.1.

Fr. Yuri, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

Torquemada, Aug 5, 2015
  5. rezpower Win User
    Thanks for your answer. I don't use norton or backup! so it's strange I got that!

rezpower, Aug 5, 2015
  6. gogreen Win User
    Green checkmarks just appeared on my desktop icons today, too. I think this problem has something to do with OneDrive. I solved the problem first by disabling One-Drive integration (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html). Both are Brink's excellent tutorials. Not sure if you need both, but they worked for me.

gogreen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

1. Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !? - Similar Threads - Green Checkmark apps

2. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  3. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  4. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. green checkmarks not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    green checkmarks not visible: hello. why are the "green checkmarks" disappeared on the OneDrive and Windows Update Settings? Usually the green checkmarks can be seen on the upper right corner of the Settings Home screen....
  6. weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop: hey all you experts, yet another strange issue I think I've found with microsoft's wonderful windows technology it seems like. here's what I've got: this weirdness has now started occurring today, after a previous bout of weirdness happened to me last week, which is...
  7. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons: Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?...
  8. OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared: I don't remember which build it changed. *Sad It was fairly recently (within the last 2 weeks or so). In any case I appreciate your help and will assume that this is the way it should be now. Thanks again for your help. Mark
  9. Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10: I got a new computer running Windows 10, when I got it, it had these green checkmarks. I don't have Norton so that cant be the problem. Please help. [img] 103789
  10. Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop: In the past week or so, I have noticed that the shortcuts (aliases) on my desktop are being festooned with tiny green checkmarks. For example, last time I started up my Windows VM, I saw: [img] Now, just passing my cursor OVER the aliases (not even clicking) made each...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. green checkmarks on applications

2. windows green circle with white checkmark on my icons

3. en checkmark on my desktop apps

4. green checkmarks next to my application icons on computer