Windows 10: Green checks Annoying

Discus and support Green checks Annoying in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not use Norton. I have tried right clicking on desktop and clicked Refresh Desktops the green checks are still there. I rebooted from a cold boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Im10eight, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Im10eight Win User

Green checks Annoying

I do not use Norton. I have tried right clicking on desktop and clicked Refresh Desktops the green checks are still there. I rebooted from a cold boot hoping that might solve it. Argh!!! I use Advanced System Care Ultimate for Anti-virus and maintenance. This did not happen until I reinstalled windows and I copied my old desktop and pasted into New Desktop. Thanks.

:)

Im10eight, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Green checks Annoying

Green bar

Hi,

I realize that you are facing slow performance issue in your Windows 10 system. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• When you say “I am getting a green bar across the top of all my windows”, are you referring to the loading green progress bar?

• What is the make and model of your system?

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Delete Cache and Cookie from Internet Explorer.

• Press Windows key + R key, type
      inetcpl.cpl and press Enter key.

• Click on Delete.

• Check the first four options and click on
      Delete option.

Step 2: Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all in the left panel.

• Find and click on Internet Explorer Performance.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to provide the screenshot of the issue you are facing.

Refer to the below link to attach screen shot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Green checks Annoying

1. Green checks Annoying - Similar Threads - Green checks Annoying

2. green check marks on my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    green check marks on my photos: How do I remove the ugly green check marks that OneDrive put on my photos?I do not wish to use OneDrive. I doln't even know how it happened or why.I didn't see an appropriate subtopic for this question.Thank youPaula...
  3. How to get rid of Green check marks?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Green check marks?: What's with the green check marks? Everything in my Pictures folder and subfolders have green check marks in the lower left corner. How do I get rid of them? [img] 176296
  4. Disable Annoying green/orange notification when there is a download or anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Annoying green/orange notification when there is a download or anything: Hi there, I downloading a lot of items in my chrome browser, mean while I am using another browser Vivaldi to do my work. The issue I am facing when chrome downloading an item the browser comes on top of my vivaldi and disturb me. Also with the taskbar. Both pop ups. I...
  5. GREEN CHECKS VS. BLUE CLOUDS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GREEN CHECKS VS. BLUE CLOUDS: Hi I'm new to Personal Vault. I notice that I have some files that have green check marks next to them while others have a blue cloud. Can anyone explain what these mean and why some have checks while others have clouds? To my knowledge I haven't done anything differently...
  6. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  7. Windows Security green check marks are missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security green check marks are missing: I opened Windows Security today, and to my surprise, the green check marks are missing along with the icons for virus and threat protection and family options. It works fine, but the missing check marks are a bit bothering.[ATTACH]...
  8. Green check marks over desktop applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Green check marks over desktop applications: There are little green check marks over most of my desktop applications. The folders, trash, control panel, and this PC applications don’t have the checkmarks. submitted by /u/Kingofcats011 [link] [comments]...
  9. What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  10. Schrodinger check: green and red at the same time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Schrodinger check: green and red at the same time.: Hello everyone. I got a new Surface Go last week, I disabled S mode because I needed to install things weren't on the store. Yesterday I realized there is a red check in windows defender icon, but when I open it, everything is green. Here there are some screenshots:...