Windows 10: Green dots/glitter all over my screen

Discus and support Green dots/glitter all over my screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This happened while I was playing a game: When a level was loading (not for the first time, normally it would load) the game froze and I couldn't quit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jakoporeeno, May 23, 2017.

1. Green dots/glitter all over my screen

This happened while I was playing a game: When a level was loading (not for the first time, normally it would load) the game froze and I couldn't quit the game so I restarted my computer by holding the on/off button. When it came back on it was in a low resolution (I fixed the resolution) and I have these green dots all over my screen (see image) and I can't play any game without lagging like crazy. I tried connecting a different monitor to the computer but the dots were still there. Did I break my graphics card or something? Do I need to buy a new one? What exactly has happened?
    This is what it looks like: Imgur

:)

Jakoporeeno, May 23, 2017

2. Green Dots on screen

on one of my 3 monitors I have green dots all over the screen and especially on dark parts all over the monitor that monitor is connected by display port to dvi cable my GPU is rx 480 is that helps...

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum ***

Dannymcd99, May 23, 2017
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Green Dots on screen

Hi Danny,

This may be caused by an outdated display driver. Here is how you update your drivers:

• Start your computer in Safe Mode, then right-click the Start button and select
      Device Manager. To start your computer in Safe Mode, please follow the steps under
      Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.
    • Expand the Display adapters section, right-click the listed adapter, then select
      Uninstall device. Select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, then select
      Uninstall and restart your PC.
    • After your PC restarts, press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the
      Start button and then select Settings.
    • From Settings, select Update & security > Windows Update >
      Check for updates.

Note:

If you have multiple display adapters, you'll need to disable the added adapter (often an Intel HD 400 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) by right-clicking it from the list in Device Manager and selecting
    Disable > Yes. Then, turn off your PC, disconnect installation or recovery media (if you're using it), and turn your PC back on. If that doesn't fix the issue, restart your PC in safe mode, re-enable the added display adapter,
    and then disable the other adapter.

If you will be facing any issue while troubleshooting, please provide the outcome, so that we can resume working on your concern.

Rey Cam, May 23, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Green dots/glitter all over my screen

5. vgchat Win User
    I agree, it definitely seems like a loose connection is the culprit. Double check to make sure your hdmi connections are snug & secure and not loose & hanging off to one side.

Also double check to make sure that your GPU is properly seated in it's pcie slot or transfer it to a different pcie slot to see if there is a difference.

vgchat, May 24, 2017
  6. Today I tried putting in another GPU and it worked so it's definitely the GPU that is the problem. Hopefully my guarantee will cover this.

Jakoporeeno, May 24, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    US and British English are different - I recall trying to buy a torch in the US. The guy was confused.

dalchina, May 25, 2017
  8. pepanee Win User

(Sorry about this bro)

You have entered The Matrix.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Green dots/glitter all over my screen - Similar Threads - Green dots glitter

2. Green dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green dots: Anyone have any ideas of what this could be? I’m guessing gpu. Tried restarting the gpu drivers and am currently restoring from a restore point. It boots into safe mode. It randomly crashed when I was playing a game....
  3. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird dots and flickering all over the screen: Hello. I worked nothing unusual, that means no new apps or programs I didn't used many times before on my PC and all of sudden my screen went crazy. Groups of dots in various colors and weird flashing-flickerings were "dancing" all over the screen. At first I thought my...
  4. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird dots and flickering all over the screen: Hello. I worked nothing unusual, that means no new apps or programs I didn't used many times before on my PC and all of sudden my screen went crazy. Groups of dots in various colors and weird flashing-flickerings were "dancing" all over the screen. At first I thought my...
  5. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Red, Green and Blue dots running all over my monitor and screen glitching sometimes, help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red, Green and Blue dots running all over my monitor and screen glitching sometimes, help...: This has been happening for 3 days now or 4, I got some very tiny dots hard to see but easy to see on DARK images or spots, my screen also keeps glitching all the time, the screen pops up for miliseconds, the same screen but repeated 4 TIMES on different positions, the dots...
  7. Red, Green and Blue dots running all over my monitor and screen glitching sometimes, help...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red, Green and Blue dots running all over my monitor and screen glitching sometimes, help...: This has been happening for 3 days now or 4, I got some very tiny dots hard to see but easy to see on DARK images or spots, my screen also keeps glitching all the time, the screen pops up for miliseconds, the same screen but repeated 4 TIMES on different positions, the dots...
  8. Red, Green and Blue dots running all over my monitor and screen glitching sometimes, help...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Screen with green dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen with green dots: Hi, I have a sony vaio e series laptop with windows 10 installed. Screen was showing green dots but it was working fine and then i got blue screen few times as soon as logged in. So i tried to boot in safe mode. In safe mode, also i have green dots on screen and...
  10. Strange green dots all over the screen after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange green dots all over the screen after updates: Hi, so my problems with W10 started about month ago after one of the Windows Updates. It started with nvidia driver crushes basically all the time. Now I got my PC reseted back to basic for the third time and it's barely running. It running in some low screen resolution only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. green dots all over monitor first time set ip

2. green glitter and dots windows 10