Windows 10: Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software?

Discus and support Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys, I decided to jump on the Windows 10 hybrid tablet/laptop bandwagon by buying a cheap Venturer EliteWin at a deal I simply could not pass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by alaskahorizon, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software?

Hey guys,

I decided to jump on the Windows 10 hybrid tablet/laptop bandwagon by buying a cheap Venturer EliteWin at a deal I simply could not pass on.

I was initially quite happy with the purchase until this issue popped up not even a week after purchase:

Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software? [​IMG]

Now, though I am not very tech inclined, I feel this looks more like a hardware issue than a software one, but the fact that it happened in the middle of browsing without any drop or physical damage makes me wonder.

Has this happened to anybody here? If so, is there a solution you guys think would be worth a shot?

Thanks a bunch!
    -JR

:)

alaskahorizon, Jan 7, 2017
  2. RoseEddy Win User

Colour of tabs

The thing is, I've tried all those before asking. I don't think you've understood and to be honest I find it difficult to explain. That doesn't fix it. It's not the top bar of the tab that is the problem, it's the tab screen, the Microsoft apps like excell
    and notepad and the google search bar that are fluorescent green.

RoseEddy, Jan 7, 2017
  3. blinking desktop

I have flashing vertical green bars and horizontal red, green and black streaks across my screen. I am able to use my mouse to go to different programs but the streaks and bars are constantly flashing on my screen. I have tried everything and still have
    the same problem. Nothing you have suggested is working to correct my problem

MERRILANEZELLNER, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Archie123 Win User

Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software?

take a screenshot if it shows up on there its gpu if not its display , looking at it id say 99% fried display , its definately not software related so dont let their tech help fob you off *Wink , unfortunately either way it has to go back , as its only been a week send it back to the shop for a brand new model , the manufacturers will try and fob you off with a refurbushed one *Smile

Archie123, Jan 7, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to Tenforums @alaskahorizon

Looks like hardware failure to me. The only time I've seen anything like that was on a laptop after many years of use, that one needed a new screen, I'm afraid. The 'take a screenshot' suggestion is a good test, the easiest way is to use the Win key + PrtSc, your screen dims briefly and is saved to the Pictures\Screenshot\ folder.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software?

1. Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software? - Similar Threads - Green Fluorescent Vertical

2. Fix horizontal or vertical Green line on laptop screen

in Windows 10 News
    Fix horizontal or vertical Green line on laptop screen: [IMG]This article will show you how to fix horizontal or vertical green lines on a laptop screen. This issue can occur due to an outdated Graphics card driver or a hardware issue. How to fix horizontal or vertical Green line on laptop screen Use the following solutions to fix...
  3. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Green line in laptop's screen: As I was out of the city, I couldn't open my laptop. When I came back and opened my laptop then there was a vertical horizontal line of the screen. I tried to fix it by updating driver also but it failed. So please suggest me some way to get out of this....
  4. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical Green line in laptop's screen: As I was out of the city, I couldn't open my laptop. When I came back and opened my laptop then there was a vertical horizontal line of the screen. I tried to fix it by updating driver also but it failed. So please suggest me some way to get out of this....
  5. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Laptop screen shows grey vertical bars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen shows grey vertical bars: This problemx arose 1yr ago. I had a hdd with a 4gb ram,then. After it was upgraded to ssd and a 8gb ram x resolved itself. It surfaced once again after nearly half a year and a couple of months later once again died on its own. Every time x appears, my laptop can not detect...
  7. Laptop screen shows grey vertical bars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen shows grey vertical bars: This problemx arose 1yr ago. I had a hdd with a 4gb ram,then. After it was upgraded to ssd and a 8gb ram x resolved itself. It surfaced once again after nearly half a year and a couple of months later once again died on its own. Every time x appears, my laptop can not detect...
  8. Says Internet not responding, then fluorescent green screen appears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Says Internet not responding, then fluorescent green screen appears.: My computer has never given me any sort of problems till recently. It would not and still wont update itsself. Eventually I took a break from trying to figure out what was wrong. I opened up Google and went to watch Netflix like I always do. But for some reason this time, a...
  9. Vertical Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vertical Scroll Bar: I am using Windows 10 and Office 365 on my PC. I have a large number of folders in My Documents. One of these folders and its subdocuments folders has the vertical scroll bar missing. In its Word and Excel files I have checked to Show vertical scroll bar options and the files...
  10. Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen: Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard or the OS (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). It isn't the gpu since I have uninstalled it plugged in a displayport into the motherboard...