Windows 10: Green lines and booting issues after updating graphics driver

Discus and support Green lines and booting issues after updating graphics driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm experiencing some problems with a recent installation of windows 10. I've gone through all the updates that windows update offered and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clwdk, Mar 9, 2018.

1. clwdk Win User

Green lines and booting issues after updating graphics driver

Hey all,

I'm experiencing some problems with a recent installation of windows 10. I've gone through all the updates that windows update offered and it was fine.

Then I added the graphics card driver from Nvidia's homepage and now when I boot up the machine it goes into a loop before finally repairing itself and then I get lots of green lines on the screen. When I go into device manager I there is a exclamation icon next to the graphic card part.

I've taken the card out and checked that it's clean and is seated correctly and am at a loss as what to do now. It all worked perfectly when I was running Windows 7.

Green lines  and booting issues after updating graphics driver [​IMG]

:)

clwdk, Mar 9, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

problems with my Dell Inspiron 5555 signature edition screen

When you boot your system is the pink line visible on the Dell logo screen, or just when Windows boots . . .

If the line is visible on the Dell screen, this would indicate an issue with your screen and would therefore require repairing . . .

If the Issue is only on the screen in Windows, this may be an issue with your Graphics Driver, it might need to be updated or rolled back

Is your Display Adapter AMD R6 graphics . . . if so
    Click HERE
    for the Official Dell Display Driver Download for Windows 10

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Mar 9, 2018
  3. JH17-23 Win User
    Random blackout reboots into Windows Updates.

I own an 'ASUS G20BM':

Spec:

2TB HDD

1x12GB RAM

AMD FX-770K Quad-core

AMD Radeon R9 270 Graphics Card

A display driver theory would line up - I had a few issues with video playback in Microsoft-based applications the other week (they just played green) and have also experienced similar state of green sometimes when turning the monitor back on after taking
    a break - fixing it requires me to simply re-plug the HDMI to return the display but obviously this isn't a standard practice.

As I said, I updated the AMD Drivers (Display Inc.) after the first unexpected reboot, so it's a shame that it's happened again after that.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

JH17-23, Mar 9, 2018
  4. rezpower Win User

First step would be to rollback the driver and see if the problem is still the same. If you still have the same problem then it looks like a graphic card failure. But for now just rollback to older driver. (older driver in your case is apparently the driver automatically installed by windows 10). (if rollback is not available then uninstall the driver, reboot and see if green lines are gone) If this is the case try and check for driver update via device manager and see if windows has a working driver for you.

rezpower, Mar 10, 2018
  5. Steve C Win User
    I started having similar problems and it was due to a bust graphics card. In my case the PC failed to boot and I spotted odd coloured lines in the BIOS screen. What do you see on your BIOS screen? There is a fix you can try to bake your GPU card in an oven but it didn't work for me.

Steve C, Mar 10, 2018
  6. clwdk Win User
    Thanks for the replies guys. I've going to borrow spare graphics card from a friend and see if that can help.

clwdk, Mar 10, 2018
  7. clwdk Win User
    Tried it with a another card and it works fine so I guess I'm shopping for another one tomorrow. Thanks again for the suggestions.

clwdk, Mar 10, 2018
  8. Steve C Win User

You could try the oven bake trick but it didn't rescue my GPU https://lifehacker.com/5823227/save-...ke-in-the-oven

Steve C, Mar 11, 2018
  9. clwdk Win User
    I'll have to give that a shot thanks!

clwdk, Mar 11, 2018
  10. clwdk Win User
    Just an update. Bought a new graphics card and it all works perfectly now. Thanks agin for the help.

clwdk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Green lines and booting issues after updating graphics driver - Similar Threads - Green lines booting

2. Green horizontal line

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Green horizontal line: I was playing GTA 5 on my zbook g4 workstation suddenly I saw a green horizontal line at bottom of my screen.I have tried reinstalling my graphic card which is m1200 but still line is there. Please help me As soon as possible...
  3. Booting with green and black random line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting with green and black random line: hi, i've facing problem can't go to desktop screen and stuck at boot logo with weird graph background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-with-green-and-black-random-line/33b93088-530f-4349-ab3f-03699e3b18e1
  4. Booting with green and black random line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting with green and black random line: hi, i've facing problem can't go to desktop screen and stuck at boot logo with weird graph background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-with-green-and-black-random-line/33b93088-530f-4349-ab3f-03699e3b18e1
  5. After updating graphics driver, PC freezes at boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating graphics driver, PC freezes at boot: Hello,Today I opened the AMD adrenalin software for my GPU RX580 and saw an update available. After I updated the driver I restarted my PC just for it to freeze at the boot screen. Another problem is that the screen color has turned pink. I absolutely cannot get into safe...
  6. After updating graphics driver, PC freezes at boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updating graphics driver, PC freezes at boot: Hello,Today I opened the AMD adrenalin software for my GPU RX580 and saw an update available. After I updated the driver I restarted my PC just for it to freeze at the boot screen. Another problem is that the screen color has turned pink. I absolutely cannot get into safe...
  7. Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update

Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update: It started off with me going to Device Manager and then expanding "Display Adapters" and then selecting my graphics card. I then clicked a button at the top that would update my drivers. I selected the option that lets Windows search automatically for new drivers, and after a...
  8. Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers

Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers: Hello, I've got problem with my graphics card that after installing graphics card driver PC cant boot to windows. Only if i uninstall drivers in safe mode it boots to windows then when i install it and reboot pc it doesnt turns on, stops on the loading circle and after...
  9. Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup: Greetings, as ive not found an answer on exact same Problem im asking here. before my System went fine. Got some new Hardware: Intel i7 7740x Asus x299 Prime Deluxe totally new, is a RMA as the Prior one really was buggy XFX RX570 8GB 1year old, running fine up to...
  10. Little green lines after installing drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Little green lines after installing drivers: So, I got Gigabyte gtx 770 and it worked perfectly before i installed drivers. I installed drivers and then little green lines cover my screen. Everytime now when i start my computer the green lines comes always at log in part. I have tried to UnInstall drivers and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. green lines when updating driver