Windows 10: Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section.

Discus and support Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently downloaded Greenshot for taking screenshots, and I wanted to change that to the default image viewer, instead of the default Photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by teeendee00, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section.

Hello,

I recently downloaded Greenshot for taking screenshots, and I wanted to change that to the default image viewer, instead of the default Photo Viewer, but it does not show up at all. I tried looking for 'Greenshot' in Microsoft Store, but it's not there. So, is there any way to change it to the default photo viewer? P.S. I tried uninstalling, and then reinstalling the program, and it's still not showing up. I also tried changing it to Greenshot with the 'Choose default apps by file type' option, but Greenshot still does not want to show up in the list. I don't know what to do anymore. Although, if I open up a .jpg/.png etc. file from the 'Open With...' option, then it shows up, but I have to search for the application on my PC, so I don't think it's still the 'main' app for viewing/opening photos.

Can someone please help me out?

:)

teeendee00, Aug 15, 2018
  2. NOPD Win User

Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer

Photoscape is an app that is functioning normally.
    I want to make it my Default Photo Viewer.
    When I go to Settings/Default Apps it is not on the list
    On one attempt to set, it stated that Photoscape was "unavailable" (not sure where that occurred)
    I have tried a number of paths for default apps in Tutorial section without success
    Suggestions for how to get around this barrier?
    Thank You

3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section.

Cannot set Microsoft Photos as the default app

Tried to set Photos as default app but it does not appear in the list.

SimonClough, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section.

1. Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section. - Similar Threads - Greenshot appearing Default

2. There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.: I'm using windows 11 the latest version I have installed all the updates. I have tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked with me. What is the problem with that ? and if there is a substitution section for "apps & features" what is it?...
  3. There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.: I'm using windows 11 the latest version I have installed all the updates. I have tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked with me. What is the problem with that ? and if there is a substitution section for "apps & features" what is it?...
  4. OneDrive settings + GreenShot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive settings + GreenShot: https://getgreenshot.org/faq/my-prntscreen-key-no-longer-works-with-greenshot/I could not find the Onedrive setting to disable settings as suggested by Greensot what I want is the Prtscr button should be claimed by Greensot, not one drive.This is a Windows 11. Thanks....
  5. OneDrive settings + GreenShot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive settings + GreenShot: https://getgreenshot.org/faq/my-prntscreen-key-no-longer-works-with-greenshot/I could not find the Onedrive setting to disable settings as suggested by Greensot what I want is the Prtscr button should be claimed by Greensot, not one drive.This is a Windows 11. Thanks....
  6. Icons are appearing as a default photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are appearing as a default photo: Whenever I press the windows button and start typing in the search, all of my basic apps have a unknown image icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-appearing-as-a-default-photo/98450951-42e0-4f55-8f30-29ee2a4ae99e
  7. default settings for photos

default settings for photos: I want to change the default settings for images to Photoscape NOT Photoscape X or Photos but I can't see Photoscape listed as an option. I've de-installed Photoscape X and am thinking about de-installing Photos as well/ Any way to includ Pehotoscape as an option and choose...
  8. Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running: I downloaded this open source capture app, Greenshot. It never fully installed. I can't open it, nor remove it. I constantly receive the message 'an instance of Greenshot is already running' Any suggestions. Thanks, Allan...
  9. default settings for photos

default settings for photos: I had Windows 10 installed on my computer and now it's the default setting for all of my photos. I have Photoshop CS5 and have always had it for my default for loading and opening my photos. How do I get it back. I have to open each one individually to get them into...
  10. Default Settings - Photos

Default Settings - Photos: I have installed a favorite alternate photo viewing and editing program on my laptop, and can not see it or access it when trying to set - change default photo program for photos. It seems I fight Windows 10 more than other times when I have successfully accomplished...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. greenshot as default windows 10 app

2. greenshot change app mail

3. settings for greenshot

4. greenshot default,
  5. app not showing up in default apps list,
  6. greenshot how to change the default setting