Windows 10: greyed out Device Performance and Health option

Discus and support greyed out Device Performance and Health option in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey can any one tell me why I am facing a greyed out Device Performance and Health option ??? It is simply not doing the checks it is meant to do.. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Debu, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Debu Win User

greyed out Device Performance and Health option

Hey can any one tell me why I am facing a greyed out Device Performance and Health option ??? It is simply not doing the checks it is meant to do.. I am currently running OS Build 15063.13

greyed out Device Performance and Health option [​IMG]

:)

Debu, Apr 5, 2017
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Device and performance & health

Hi,

The result of the Health report is indicative of an issue with the device drivers. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're able to check if there are pending updates per device driver on your PC. To do this, see screenshot below.

• If you're able to see the details of the Health report by clicking the Learn more button.

• The last activities that you've performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you're referring to the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter when you mentioned about running the troubleshooter.
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Apr 5, 2017
  3. Device and performance & health

• I don't really remember if I uninstalled Norton before upgrading to Win8.1, but before upgrading to Win 10 I had AVG, which I'm sure was uninstalled before the Win 10 Version 1511. Hope I didn't throw in monkey wrench not mentioning AVG. As for stated fact
      you refer to, I have read it doesn't always uninstall cleanly.

• I solved my problem by messing with device & hardware troubleshooter, which is why I'm sending screenshot above, it turns out fax driver needed updating, HP Officejet driver is o.k. but Unknown device driver can't be updated because it's not digitally signed
      or not signed appropriately. Also it's a mystery why this is labelled Unknown device. I think there is some truth to your last statement "Windows Update may be attempting to install a driver update I really don't need.
    2. My Officejet 4620 is working properly since upgrade to Win 10 Version 1703.

ReginaldHeath, Apr 5, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

I'm seeing the same if its any consolation.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2017
  5. Debu Win User
    Ok.. Are you on 15063.13 or 15063.14 ?

Debu, Apr 5, 2017
  6. dmesal Win User
    mine is currently grey as well is there a big diff between .13 and .14 ?

dmesal, Apr 5, 2017
  7. Debu Win User
    fast ring users got the .14 update recently.. and many of them claiming that their Device performance and Health option is performing as expected... so may be .13 users are facing the issue.. not sure though, can anyone confirm ??

Debu, Apr 5, 2017
  8. greyed out Device Performance and Health option

I have seen it working only once, immediately after upgrading. Since then, I have the same issue. Quick scan does not re-enable health report. 10.0.15063.13

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2017
  9. Same issue with the .14 cab file. Give it a try!
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\Users\14393.970\Downloads\windows10.0-kb4016252-x64_46554ff4d8b980083092d84a8bd64810c13015cf.cab" Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.15063.0 Image Version: 10.0.15063.0 Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~15063.14.1.0 [========================= 44.4%[/quote]

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2017
  10. Debu Win User
    [/quote] So seems like even some .14 users facing the same issue.. any official Windows Defender employee here who might throw some light on the issue ??

11. It is back to normal after .956

MikeMecanic, Apr 6, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    15063.13 here, and I too was puzzled about there being no report available. Apparently I just had to wait for it to get round to doing a scan...

13. Mooly Win User

If you leave the PC on then it seems it will automatically go into some scan mode. Mine took around 20 minutes of constant disk thrashing (well SSD but the light was pretty active). The unknown driver is a fingerprint reader (Dell Vostro Laptop) that had no W8.1 or W10 support.

Mooly, Apr 6, 2017
  14. I have the same device driver recommandation. It says here that drivers update is not enabled. I didn't touch that. Otherwise, it is the fourth consecutive day that Defender (WDSC) runs ok and I'm getting updates pretty fast. I don't use the old interface anymore, plus RS-2 runs very, very well.
    Cheers,

MikeMecanic, Apr 6, 2017
  15. Is there any way to reset the
    ? Mine is alerting me to turn down screen brightness to save the battery. Thanks for the advice. How can I clear this to get the green checkmark in that status bar instead of the alert?

San Martino, Apr 6, 2017
Thema:

1. greyed out Device Performance and Health option - Similar Threads - greyed Device Performance

2. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  3. Performance Issues - Device Performance & Health Scan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Issues - Device Performance & Health Scan?: I have a PC that is about 3 years old, running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. Starting sometime in late Oct it started randomly accessing drives/CPU/? every so often, causing significant stuttering and making it generally unusable for a few minutes at a time until it is done. It...
  4. Device Performance & Health

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Performance & Health: Hello guys, Is there something wrong if the device performance and health went to black dot instead of green check? Thank you. I just recently upgraded my RAM when this happened.. from 4GB to 12 GB [ATTACH]...
  5. Device Performance & Health Status unknown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Performance & Health Status unknown: I was reading how to troubleshoot Device Performance & Health Status unknown and followed a few steps like opening cmd and add commands but still its the same....
  6. device performance and health

in Windows 10 Customization
    device performance and health: no green check mark in device performance and health and it writes no action needed sfc scannow dism .exe cleanup image or restore health or scan health wont help me ..i tried all clean boot no help ..latest version of windows 10 1903 latest update of windows defender...
  7. device performance & health

device performance & health: hi , why my device performance &health , always shows "status unknow" so what can I do ? , for my device working better . [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-performance-health/fe009518-f9a2-4c15-932e-76381fd5a2ec
  8. Device performance & health

Device performance & health: hi , my device performance & health shows a "status unknown " and my pc performance is too slow at present time when I am update a window before two-four days and some time its start a more than 4-6 min . I am scan full scan pc with help of support assist a "full scan" ....
  9. Device performance & health Status unknown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device performance & health Status unknown: I have the computer connected with Microsoft account. But my PC fails to report Device performance & health, despite the fact that Windows Defender reports everything in green when checked locally. How to fix it? PLEASE![ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Device Performance and health settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Performance and health settings: Missing the green check mark in [Version 10.0.18362.145]it was there before I upgraded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-performance-and-health-settings/1ec8bdec-2dd3-4927-87a0-b627363c4af1