Windows 10: Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10

Discus and support Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10 How to Sign in and Sign out of Photos app with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by nrmccann, Nov 3, 2015.

1. nrmccann Win User

Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10

How to: Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10

How to Sign in and Sign out of Photos app with Microsoft Account in Windows 10

The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums. You can use video remix to instantly create a video from photos and videos you select. Use the video editor for fine-tuned adjustments change filters, text, camera motion, music, and more. You can even add 3D effects like butterflies, lasers, or explosions that magically appear in your video.

The Photos app in Windows 10 gathers photos from your PC, phone, and other devices, and puts them in one collection place, where you can more easily find what youre looking for.

The Photos app displays your collection of images from folders you add located on your PC, an external drive, or a network drive connected to your PC. Subfolders of the folders you add will be included, too.

The Photos app automatically displays the photos and videos in the Pictures folder on your PC and OneDrive by default.

If you sign in to the Photos app with your cloud-only content (photos and videos) from OneDrive. When you are signed in with the same account on all your devices, your OneDrive photos and videos will appear alongside the ones on this device.

If you sign out of your account in the Photos app, photos and videos saved only on OneDrive.com (cloud-only content) will no longer appear in the Photos app and will be removed from any albums and video projects on the PC.

This tutorial will show you how to sign in and sign out of the Photos app with your Microsoft account or work or school account to show photos and videos saved only on OneDrive (cloud-only content) in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Sign in to Photos app
    1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the Account icon on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Select your Microsoft account or Work or school account if listed, and click/tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)

*note If your account is not listed or you want to use a different account, click/tap on Microsoft account or Work or school account, and follow the instructions to sign in to the account.

4. You will now be signed in to the Photos app. You can now close the Photos app if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Sign out of Photos app
    1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the Account icon on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Sign out link. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Sign out to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now be signed out of the Photos app. You can now close the Photos app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

nrmccann, Nov 3, 2015

2. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 photo app?

Hi,

To properly address your concern, we suggest that you submit your feedback on how to improve the new version of Photos app through our Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10

Windows 10 Xbox App Sign in error (0x409) 0x80070005

Hi,

Corrupted profile data, an outdated version of the app, and software conflicts that occur when signing in are some of the factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with signing in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Let's isolate
    your concern by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device or to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the Xbox app and your Windows 10 PC?
    • Are you using an administrator user profile?
    • Have you tried signing in to other built-in Windows 10 apps like the Store app to check if the same issue occurs?

Meanwhile, we suggest signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user data. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the
      Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select
      Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Sign in to the Xbox app and check if the same issue occurs.

Catherine Cus., Oct 27, 2019
  5. Cannot sign into Photos App

Hello,

I suddenly am unable to sign into my Photos App. When I click on the icon located on the toolbar, a black photo box pops up. When I right click on the app, the only photos that appear are the ones saved on my desktop. I have reset the app in the settings
    area and have restarted my computer.

Any suggestions?

Homeschool5, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10

1. Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sign Sign Photos

2. XBOX APP - Windows 10 - Signs in automatically, then signs me out. Then sign in option does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX APP - Windows 10 - Signs in automatically, then signs me out. Then sign in option does...: This problem has been occurring for roughly a week now. I've checked date/time settings, restore/reset of app. Ensures that correct accounts are logged in etc, but can't seem to find what's making it automatically log out.When I log into the games it's no major issue as I can...
  3. XBOX APP - Windows 10 - Signs in automatically, then signs me out. Then sign in option does...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX APP - Windows 10 - Signs in automatically, then signs me out. Then sign in option does...: This problem has been occurring for roughly a week now. I've checked date/time settings, restore/reset of app. Ensures that correct accounts are logged in etc, but can't seem to find what's making it automatically log out.When I log into the games it's no major issue as I can...
  4. WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT: Hi, A week ago when i opened my PC, i show it is asking for a check disk scanCHKDSK. So i waited for it to complete and when it was completed then i saw that window signs in and signs out automatically and it goes back to the lock screen. Nothing happens when i click on sign...
  5. Windows 10 Email App Sign Out/Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Email App Sign Out/Access: I am hoping someone can help me understand how to better secure the Windows Email App access. I am signed on to Windows 10 locally. As far as I can determine I must deleted the mail account in order to sign out. However, if one wishes to access my email while I am singed...
  6. Signing out in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing out in Windows 10: When I "Sign Off", either by Ctrl-Alt-Del, or going through User name in start menu, the screen goes blank, I am unable to wake it through the mouse or keyboard. I have to power it down and restart it. This has\is been happening to several users in my office, I've tried on...
  7. Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop...
  8. Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10 How to Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the...
  9. Sign out of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign out of Windows 10: How to: Sign out of Windows 10 How to Sign out of Windows 10 When you sign out of Windows, all of the apps you were using are closed, but the PC isn't turned off. Another person can sign in without needing to restart the PC. This tutorial will show you different...
  10. Windows 10 Sign Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sign Out: I have been working with Windows 10 since they launched it with no problems. About a week ago the Sign Out drop down disappeared. When I click on my name the Apps Menu closes. If I hover on my name, nothing happens. I have been signing out using task manager. Any ideas? 26265