Windows 10: Groove music app updated in store

Discus and support Groove music app updated in store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Groove music app update available in store. It's still garbage despite the update - out of 4000 songs approx on my PC it only displays album artwork on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, May 31, 2016.

1. Groove music app updated in store

Groove music app update available in store. It's still garbage despite the update - out of 4000 songs approx on my PC it only displays album artwork on a handful of files/songs with no rhyme or reason (mix of MP3 and M4a files) despite artwork being embedded correctly. Just as well for iTunes, the traditional Windows explorer thumbnail view and the still included Windows Media Player which all display all the album artwork without issue

:)

Scottyboy99, May 31, 2016

2. help help ...music sharing problem and FM Radio not available

Ok.

For groove music issue. Have you check is there any app update for that in store. Store > menu > downloads & updates > check for updates.

Have you seen that sharing option before in groove music player?

MCCshreyas, May 31, 2016
  3. Groove Music from Windows Store : The Update Always Fails : Error Code : 0x80073CF6

When I try to update the "Groove Music App" from "Windows Store" : The Update Always Fails : Error Code : 0x80073CF6

I have updated other apps succesfully; but I have tried this one 20 (or) more different times.

Why wont it update the "Groove Music App" ?

Do I need to uninstall the "Groove Music App" and the reinstall?

Can someone please help me ?

Thanks

Amanda

AmandaHawks, May 31, 2016
  4. Groove music app updated in store

Thanks for the info

From what i can see this is a big update, makes Groove a UWP App

Seems to work well, just testing it out

paulsalter, May 31, 2016
  5. No problem, it does work for me but for some reason 99% of the embedded album art is missing and that puts me right off it unfortunately. I've googled it many times and it's not an uncommon issue but there is no fix that I ever spotted. Seems strange that Windows explorer, iTunes and Windows media player have no such problem displaying the art.

i just avoid using it but kind of hope with each new update things will change. Oh well, not an issue - whilst Windows 10 is our OS of choice for most things we do, for music we are heavily invested in the apple ecosystem with iOS devices and even on Windows 10 we prefer to use iTunes on it.

Scottyboy99, May 31, 2016
  6. Dagwood Win User
    I have a new PC with Windows 10 and am still feeling my way through the different Apps required. Until I read the above posts I assumed Windows Media Player had been replaced by Groove.
    I copied all My Music from my old PC and then went through the Groove procedure to find all the music and although it seemed as if it couldn't load anything but a couple of tracks from a mere handful of albums but trying again and again it eventually appeared to download all my albums into Groove.
    I then discovered that, like the above posts, not all the artwork was shown and worse still many of the tracks were missing. I did eventually get everything copied into Groove by repeating the procedure a couple more times but without running through every CD listing I can't be 100% sure I have everything.
    I just don't seem able to get my albums to play play as easily as I could in WMP so my question now has to be can I replace Groove with the more familiar WMP and how do I do it? *Shock

Dagwood, Jun 1, 2016
  7. Well WMP should still be on your PC as it still comes bundled with Windows 10. It's much the same apart from MS brutally ripping out native dvd playback and a side effect is it no longer plays mpg videos (sound only - grrrr!).

So if you already copied your music to the new PC into the default music folder and then find WMP in the apps list on start menu and launch it. You should be good to go, it should see all your music after its initial scan - just leave it a few mins to do its thing and if all looks good then you can use that instead of groove

Scottyboy99, Jun 1, 2016
  8. sneekez Win User

Groove music app updated in store

The previous version would let you pick album art. It's gone! What's up with that? That was one thing I liked about Groove, now not so much. Back to VLC...

sneekez, Jun 1, 2016
  9. Dagwood Win User
    That's encouraging, I haven't seen it on the All Apps list but will search again. If it isn't there and doesn't turn up in the search then I guess it might be downloadable?
    Thanks for that

Dagwood, Jun 1, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Look in Windows Accessories.

Groove music app updated in store [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 1, 2016
  11. Dagwood Win User
    Fantastic, found it and within seconds of clicking on it all my albums and the artwork had been loaded by Windows.
    many thanks Cliff for the guidance and especially the arrows!
    *Smile

Dagwood, Jun 1, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    You're most welcome. I have a bone to pick with Groove to(doesn't see all files, and like above, one can forget tagging), but... it does have good sound, just is missing Volume Leveling too.

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Thanks.

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
  14. I personally like Groove myself, and liked old Xbox music app, my album art seems to be showing fine for all the songs on the main hard drive, external ones I didn't add, since not always connected those drives....

Groove Music and Xbox music I used to always use on my old WIndows Phone, Android well I don't got enough space to have it on there, not too happy with my Android Phone, think picking Windows One soon as I can again possibly, not sure yet

AMDMan2016, Jun 2, 2016
  15. I'm probably a little harsh on it. I don't really use it much but it does sniff out all my songs and track data just fine. But no idea why it won't show album art. Well it does , but only on a handful of songs. It's weird but it's never ever worked in that respect properly whilst iTunes, WMP and explorer thumbnail view have no issues. As an example I have one M4a iTunes bought track that does show the art but then many others with same file format that do not. Most of my library are m4a but there are some MP3 ones similarly afflicted. No rhyme or reason. Googling it reveals a mixed bag, many users see all the art but there are quite a high number that don't.

no problem, I'll stick by WMP and iTunes & just keep obediently updating the groove app - maybe one day!

Scottyboy99, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Groove music app updated in store - Similar Threads - Groove music app

2. The Groove Music app is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Groove Music app is not opening: hey Microsoft I'm on Windows 10 Version 20H2 I'm facing a problem that says that when I try to open Groove Music app it can't open even I try to update but when I try to update apps the ms store comes with a error that says something unexpected happens I tried...
  3. Groove Music App - Playlists

in Cortana
    Groove Music App - Playlists: I have the Groove Music App and I was just wondering how you actually put the songs into the playlist! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-playlists/783b64f8-d9ed-4f22-9864-1bb42166b2af
  4. Uninstall Groove Music app

Uninstall Groove Music app: how do i remove it forever? ***Original title: i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-groove-music-app/48fb3053-fadc-4c85-924c-90327dd410d2
  5. Problem with Groove Music App

Problem with Groove Music App: Hello, I have where when I launch Groove Music App its showing up for a few seconds then close by itself. So I tried Reinstall it but the problem still same. What have I tried : 1. Uninstall from Setting > apps > groove music > advanced Options > uninstall then I reinstall...
  6. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  7. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  8. Groove Music not storing anything

Groove Music not storing anything: I've been trying to get my music recognised in Groove Music. All of my music is stored in two directories on a NAS, I have the two defined to Groove, they appear to have carried forward from my Windows 7 install. They are defined as UNCs but I've also tried mapping a...
  9. Groove music app ?

Groove music app ?: Why does this feel so half done. I used to love the Zune software. It practically was my home page back in the day. Why is this so feature less? I hope they are going to add more features to this software. The one feature i was looking to use was the create radio stations but...
  10. Update for Groove Music

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Groove Music: An update for #GrooveMusic for #Windows10 desktop just hit the store. No UI changes, just a fix for a crash. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date