Windows 10: Groove music downloads - file format?

Discus and support Groove music downloads - file format? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have never used Groove for music simply because I have an iPhone so my music management has always been iTunes. But I was curious about groove. One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Groove music downloads - file format?

i have never used Groove for music simply because I have an iPhone so my music management has always been iTunes. But I was curious about groove. One thing I can't find any info for is if you was to buy a music track from groove/Windows store what file format is downloaded? On iTunes it's typically an m4a format

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 26, 2016

2. album art and music file info (meta data) of music files downloaded from mix radio are missing in groove music

I recently updated my lumia to windows 10 mobile and the old music player got updated to groove music, since then the music files i had downloaded from mix radio which were working perfect with all music info and album art(metadata) in lumia's old music
    player are now missing in 'groove music' ...Now All music files downloaded from mix radio are listed in groove music as 'Unknown Albums'. Kindly help

Edbergsuresh, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Recker123 Win User
    I m trying to download sound effects audio for to go to my files, but every time i try to download them groove music opens up and takes it

Original title: HELP! GROOVE MUSIC IS KILLING ME

im trying to download sound effects audio for to go to my files, but every time i try to download them groove music opens up and takes it and i cant transfer it to my files. this started happening today and i cant fix it!. i want it to open my files and
    not groove **** music!

Recker123, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Groove music downloads - file format?

Hi,

Purchased music is 320kbps MP3

paulsalter, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Cool thank you. I looked at groove a little bit but think I'll pass on using it. Although it picked up my library a vast majority of the album art is missing. It all displays fine in iTunes and media player. Looks a bit poor. A quick Google reveals its not an uncommon problem. It seems to display a few here and there without rhyme or reason.

Scottyboy99, Jan 26, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Yes. A few apps in Win 10 seem to be a bit lack of features.
    Its best to use the one that is well "oiled" and established.

davidhk, Jan 26, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

does anybody do UNCOMPRESSED (FLAC / WAV ) music -- I think Linn does but iTunes - seems best you can get is compressed mp3 -- really don't want any compressed music --play through HIGH end amplifier and even 320 mp3 you'll hear hideous artifacts. No probs though with bud earphones or typical "Computer boom box" speakers but in a decent sound system you really can tell the difference - even if you are 100% Tone Deaf.

For Linn

Linn Records - The best recordings in Studio Master Download, Vinyl and SACD

great music site too (if you like Classical music) - and I know I'm not the only one on these Forums who likes that type of music either.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Groove music downloads - file format?

1. Groove music downloads - file format? - Similar Threads - Groove music downloads

2. Need to download rest of my music files into Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to download rest of my music files into Groove Music: I have downloaded around 57,000 items onto my Groove Music account already but there are more music files that need to be downloaded- I tried to play several items but I get the message "It's not on this device and it's not in a place we can stream it from ." How do I restart...
  3. Groove Music - Which format does Groove "prefer" when there are multiple formats of every...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music - Which format does Groove "prefer" when there are multiple formats of every...: Basically my big Music folder is broken into multiple different formats -- FLAC, MP3, WMA Lossless, etc -- so that I have a format for every occasion and device I use to play the music. I like the simplicity of Groove Music but the simplicity leads to a bit of vagueness in...
  4. FLAC files and Groove Music

FLAC files and Groove Music: Hi! A few days ago I installed the 2004 update, and I have problems with FLAC files and its metadata; Groove Music created an "Unknown Album" album with many songs wich metadata is correct, but when I went to my music folder this files didn't have, apparently, metadata, if I...
  5. Groove Music.

Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  6. Downloading Groove music playlists to file folder on PC

Downloading Groove music playlists to file folder on PC: Title^ I have all the songs in other folders obviously, but I jsut wanna take the playlist and put that in it's own folder.. is there a quick way for that? submitted by /u/BEAVER_TAIL [link] [comments]...
  7. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music: Hi. How can I copy and burn playlist to USB stick resp. CD-RW ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/7facad66-ffa9-47dc-a160-2c8550fe88b8"
  8. Groove Music

Groove Music: Will Groove Music App still work to play local files after Microsoft kills Groove Music Pass by the end of this year? My concern is that this is the only reliable app that plays music without glitches when my Surface Pro is on connected standby. 96561
  9. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...