Windows 10: Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

Discus and support Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EC LH, Jan 6, 2016.

1. EC LH Win User

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

Hello,

Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles or cover art, Groove continues to display the music as it was before my changes, while other media players have no problems displaying it with the correct information.

I am not signed into my Microsoft account, and automatic retrieval is disabled. The problem continues to occur even after I've reinstalled the application.

All advice greatly appreciated.

:)

EC LH, Jan 6, 2016
  2. AMT1997 Win User

Artist Image not seen on Groove

I have used the tag editor app for many songs. Also I used groove to correct The metadata of a few songs but hasn't helped. The metadata is recognized by other music apps like audiotica and airstem.

AMT1997, Jan 6, 2016
  3. IsaacDaly Win User
    FLAC metadata support

What is the metadata support like in Windows 10 for FLAC metadata? At the moment an edited subtitle tag for a FLAC file, which was done in WMP, does not show up when the file is synced over OneDrive to another device. Is the full range of the WMP tags going
    to be available for Windows?

On a side note, is metadata like subtitles be available in the Groove Music app?

IsaacDaly, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

I've tried just about everything to get Groove to recognize tags better, but it's just too basic a media player and fails pitifully on this point.
    I really like the sound from Groove, but just use it when I play shuffle on all tracks in the library.
    On of our forum mods(thanks @Barman58 ) introduced me to MediaMonkey for tagging, worked great, it even fixed up my Windows Media Player library, but now I prefer to use MediaMonkey for my music.

I have sent Microsoft Feedback(here is some of mine):

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata [​IMG]

And I have upvoted other users feedback in respect to this, I can only recommend you do the same, as: "The squeaky hinge gets the oil".

Cliff S, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata - Similar Threads - Groove Music Ignores

2. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  3. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Support
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  4. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  5. When Groove Music starts to download metadata?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When Groove Music starts to download metadata?: I reset the app and it changed to fill missing info but kept the music folder location setting. I dont want tags to be edited. So, When Groove Music starts to get that metadata and album art, because i turned it off when it was add the songs. Does it save the data to...
  6. Metadata & Tags in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metadata & Tags in photos: I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and...
  7. Groove Music metadata

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove Music metadata: How to delete album metadata that applied by Groove Music. Because I have a Coldplay album song and my emulated Mac OS 9 cannot read that album because the album metadata that applied to my song....
  8. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  9. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...
  10. Groove Music - will it replace existing metadata in local files?

Groove Music - will it replace existing metadata in local files?: I've done some very in-depth tagging on my local music library, so I want to make sure none of that work gets overwritten. I've just started using the Groove Music player and I see the following option: "Automatically retrieve and update missing album art and metadata"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. groove music doesnt recognize the music metadata

2. Groove music not showing mp3 metadata