Windows 10: Groove Music

Discus and support Groove Music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone else think this app is a POS, or am I doing something that makes it seem that way? Every time I open it, it starts to load all my 1000's of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaveP, Aug 14, 2015.

1. DaveP Win User

Groove Music

Does anyone else think this app is a POS, or am I doing something that makes it seem that way? Every time I open it, it starts to load all my 1000's of songs on my computer and I can't find a way to clear songs from it or stop it loading. I'm also trying to find a way to edit artist, album, etc, in My Music list like MS had on Windows 7. Has anyone found a solution? Is there a better music app that works on 10? Thanks for your help.

Found the solution to my editing problem. Set view of Explorer music file to "Details. Click on a song, and over to the right all of the metadata appears. Highlight the area you want to change and type in your info, ie artist name, genre, album, etc. Same as Widows 7 but in a totally different format. Thanks everyone for your replies.

:)

DaveP, Aug 14, 2015

2. How do I delete "Groove Music " from my hard drive, perminately?

All the music files that were on my computer when Microsoft installed groove music have been incorporated into the groove music format. When I uninstall groove music, will all my music files be deleted?

James W.Walker, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Transferring music from Groove music to portable mp3 player

If you have purchased the music from Groove, then the music are MP3s with no copy protection. You can use your computer to drag the files from your Music folder to the MP3 player.

Groove Music Pass files are copy protected and can only be played on devices with a Groove Music app. A portable MP3 player will not be compatible with Groove Music Pass.

Entegy, Aug 14, 2015
  4. noname42 Win User

Groove Music

Click on "songs", then click on "change where to search for music"(or similar) and remove everything there.

noname42, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I set everything up with file explorer(the music files themselves) then used Windows Media Player(in all apps) to set up my playlist's(in my case by genre and shuffled) then Groove found the playlists and I pinned them to start. I prefer the sound quality from Groove(I use HDMI to my Home Cinema) and the UI for just playing,

Cliff S, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    I wonder if Groove Music App will eventually have all the functionality of WMP, and others, and more!?
    I thought a 'Lyrics' flyout would be a nice touch:

Groove Music [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 17, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Still can't find where Windows stores Groove Playlists!

They show up on Groove Web Player, if you're signed in but, if the items are not on OneDrive, they're unplayable! *Confused

Groove Music [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 3, 2017
  8. Groove Music

Groove is my only (Microsoft supplied) option on my XBOX One. It's the only Microsoft installed Media Player on it. My XBOX One won't allow me to store (transfer) any files locally to its internal hard drive. So my music has to go on a USB connected drive. Guess what, that POS Groove can't (or won't) see my external drive. It's invisible as far as its concerned. *Devil My only option is to store my music on OneDrive. I don't have near enough storage space for that. *Banghead

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Groove Music

1. Groove Music - Similar Threads - Groove Music

2. About 2 days, Photos, Movies & TV, Groove Music, Calendar, etc. some more programs were not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About 2 days, Photos, Movies & TV, Groove Music, Calendar, etc. some more programs were not...: About 2 days ago, I found the same problem as Rb Cameron, and also found that some more programs were not working, such as Movies & TV, Groove Music, Calendar, etc. I tried reinstalling Win 10 Home or Pro. Both versions have the same error, please ask Microsoft Software...
  3. About 2 days, Photos, Movies & TV, Groove Music, Calendar, etc. some more programs were not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About 2 days, Photos, Movies & TV, Groove Music, Calendar, etc. some more programs were not...: About 2 days ago, I found the same problem as Rb Cameron, and also found that some more programs were not working, such as Movies & TV, Groove Music, Calendar, etc. I tried reinstalling Win 10 Home or Pro. Both versions have the same error, please ask Microsoft Software...
  4. I want to transfer all my music from Groove to my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to transfer all my music from Groove to my PC.: The music does not appear in any of the folders on my computer but plays on Groove without access to the internet. For context, I just got my laptop back after several years of being in a different country which is why I haven't done his before! I own all the music but have...
  5. I want to transfer all my music from Groove to my PC.

I want to transfer all my music from Groove to my PC.: The music does not appear in any of the folders on my computer but plays on Groove without access to the internet. For context, I just got my laptop back after several years of being in a different country which is why I haven't done his before! I own all the music but have...
  6. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...: Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  7. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...: Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  8. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

9. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  10. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...