Windows 10: Group Policy Edit Error

Discus and support Group Policy Edit Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have been searching the various forums and haven't found any reference for this, was hoping someone may have run across a similar problem, happens when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by StanP50, Oct 13, 2015.

1. StanP50 Win User

Group Policy Edit Error

Have been searching the various forums and haven't found any reference for this, was hoping someone may have run across a similar problem, happens when I open group policy editor, began with build 10547 and is still happening with 10565. Any ideas what may have caused it, or what any possible solutions may be.

If I click OK, it disappears, then pops up a second time, click OK again and it's gone, can do whatever editing I need to and the edits stick, so it does seem to have compromised the editor, just more of an annoyance .

Group Policy Edit Error [​IMG]

:)

StanP50, Oct 13, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Some settings are managed by your organization

Microsoft error messages are not famous for being helpful.

"Some settings are managed by your organization" means that the setting you want to change is managed by a group policy. Unless you are able to change the group policy, you won't be able to change the setting.

Group policies were designed for corporate networks, where the organization - more likely, its IT department - decides what the policies will be. That's the "organization" that the message refers to.

Since group policies were intended for corporate networks, there isn't a group policy editor in the Home version of Windows. It exists only in the Professional, Enterprise and (I believe) Education versions.

Some group policies can be changed without the group policy editor by directly editing the Windows registry, which is a risky thing to do. Plus, you'd have to know which specific policy needs to change and what are the specific edits to make to the registry.

BulldogXX, Oct 13, 2015
  3. McDanboy Win User
    Can't turn on Windows Defender after uninstalling Avira

After another reboot, defender is now working. If anyone is interested, I was getting a group policy error message not allowing my to start defender. After a search, I found this web page that allowed me to change group policy. I'm using win10 home edition
    so the group policy editor is not available. (only in the premium version). I used the button near the bottom of the page to automatically edit the registry. Here is the website: [URL="https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-on-or-off-windows-defender-in-windows-10.6895/[/URL]

McDanboy, Oct 13, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Group Policy Edit Error

Microsoft's KB 3077013 deals with this. It's an 'expected' issue in Windows 10. Easiest is to click OK and continue regardless.

Kanata, Oct 13, 2015
  5. StanP50 Win User
    Thanks for the update and info, will check it out. Kind of figured that just clicking through it would be the case.

StanP50, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Group Policy Edit Error

1. Group Policy Edit Error - Similar Threads - Group Policy Edit

2. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  3. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  4. Can't edit group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't edit group policy: Hello, I am having some issues on Windows 10. I have a personal computer that I had at my previous job an IT company help me because my computer would not update because it kept asking me to upgrade to windows 11. My pc I built does not have secure boot so therefore it was...
  5. Can't edit group policy

Can't edit group policy: Hello, I am having some issues on Windows 10. I have a personal computer that I had at my previous job an IT company help me because my computer would not update because it kept asking me to upgrade to windows 11. My pc I built does not have secure boot so therefore it was...
  6. Can't edit group policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Edit Group Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit Group Policy: how can i open group policy ? it say windows cant find gpedit.msc. And then i search on google hoe to fix it, yeah i got a few step, but they say when Installing Element not Found in Cmd. Btw i try to install it from text in notepad...
  8. Edit Group Policy

Edit Group Policy: how can i open group policy ? it say windows cant find gpedit.msc. And then i search on google hoe to fix it, yeah i got a few step, but they say when Installing Element not Found in Cmd. Btw i try to install it from text in notepad...
  9. Problem in editing Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem in editing Group Policy: Hello! For a little while now my computer has showed an error on the top of some of Windows Settings screens that say "Some settings are managed by your organization." I've seen another post on this forum that says to update the Group Policy of "Allow Telemetry" to 3 - Full...
  10. Edit group policy service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edit group policy service: My win 10 home single Edit group policy service not found how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-group-policy-service/d3a76e77-7e9a-4146-80f8-068df14db86a