Windows 10: Group Policy

Discus and support Group Policy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johnlad, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Johnlad Win User

Group Policy

Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions.

:)

Johnlad, Mar 12, 2016
  2. mlg63 Win User

disable Group Policy client service for Home versions without gpedit.exe?

There is no connection between Group Policy and a Home Group. Leave the Group Policy alone.

mlg63, Mar 12, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Some settings are managed by your organization

Microsoft error messages are not famous for being helpful.

"Some settings are managed by your organization" means that the setting you want to change is managed by a group policy. Unless you are able to change the group policy, you won't be able to change the setting.

Group policies were designed for corporate networks, where the organization - more likely, its IT department - decides what the policies will be. That's the "organization" that the message refers to.

Since group policies were intended for corporate networks, there isn't a group policy editor in the Home version of Windows. It exists only in the Professional, Enterprise and (I believe) Education versions.

Some group policies can be changed without the group policy editor by directly editing the Windows registry, which is a risky thing to do. Plus, you'd have to know which specific policy needs to change and what are the specific edits to make to the registry.

BulldogXX, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Group Policy

Don't know what the "store being broken" means.
    My Win10 Home and Win10 Pro have the Group Policy function, press the Windows key and R to get the Run box, type gpedit.msc and see if it opens.

Berton, Mar 12, 2016
  5. Group Policy Editor is not available in the Home edition, as far as I know? Only Pro and Enterprise. Unless Microsoft changed things in the last build update?

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Group Policy

1. Group Policy - Similar Threads - Group Policy

2. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  3. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  4. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...: We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off...
  6. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...: We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off...
  7. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

8. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  9. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  10. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90