Windows 10: GT 420M driver problem

Discus and support GT 420M driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit (from Windows 8.1). Everything is fine, but I can't watch movies. When is played the movie freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by petroff, Aug 6, 2015.

1. petroff Win User

GT 420M driver problem

Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit (from Windows 8.1). Everything is fine, but I can't watch movies. When is played the movie freezes randomly for second, but audio is not affected. I tried many players - my default PotPlayer, Windows Media Player, MPC-HC, VLC, etc...Every one of them had same symptoms, even if I turned off or on DXVA. Then went to the next level, although I thought that there can't be а problem - drivers of video card. It is GeForce GT 420M. When I checked in Device Manager - GT 420M Properties - Events - Information, there was this message "Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF1&SUBSYS_04871025&REV_A1\4&6fab1f9&0&0008 requires further installation." Many times I installed and uninstalled drivers, include 353.62, 353.30 and olders 345.20 and 344.75 - always the playback is the same, and message is "Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF1&SUBSYS_04871025&REV_A1\4&6fab1f9&0&0008 requires further installation."I don't know what to do. I think to recover with my Acronis Windows 8.1 image, in which movies playback is perfect.

:)

petroff, Aug 6, 2015

2. WIndow 10 black screen

Hi, I am facing the same problem. In my case, the screen goes black but everything is visible if you use a flash light.

What I am trying to say is only the display backlight turns off, the laptop doesnt freeze or hang

After restarting it works well, but it left idle the screen goes black again.

Is it because of the display driver problem?

I have searched everywhere for this but didnt find any solutions. So out of curiosity I downgraded back to Windows 7 and everything works perfect.

Running:

-Windows 10 Home

-Intel(R) Core (TM) i5 M480 CPU @2.67Ghz

-(RAM) 4.00 GB

-64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

-Display card: Intel HD Graphics 3000, NVidia Geforce GT 420M

Please help

Ajay Fogla, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Unable to launch any game on windows 10

all the games i try and play just crash on start screen or don't start at all no error messages, tried updating all games steam and video card drivers still no joy running on a laptop geforce 420m played the games smoothly beforehand.

list of games:

Portal 2

civ 5

simcity

Dirty bomb

insurgency

all help would be greatly appreciated GT 420M driver problem :)

chrisgledhill94, Aug 6, 2015
  4. ShowsOn Win User

GT 420M driver problem

Have you tried manually downloading and installing the nVidia Windows 10 drivers?
    64 bit
    Drivers | GeForce

ShowsOn, Aug 7, 2015
  5. petroff Win User
    Yes.

petroff, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Fellid Win User
    UP! STILL NO SOLUTION TO THIS?!? Installing older drivers wont fix this for me, whate fk?

Fellid, Aug 30, 2016
  7. Tom886 Win User
    How did you update? Manually by device manager or running the setup program?
    Have you considered a clean installation of the driver?

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Aug 31, 2016
  8. Fellid Win User

GT 420M driver problem

Hey!

Downloaded from nvidia homepage and then launched setup.
    What you mean by clean installation?

Thanks!

Fellid, Sep 3, 2016
  9. Tom886 Win User
    By uninstalling the old driver first.

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Sep 3, 2016
  10. Fellid Win User
    Oh yes, ofcourse i uninstalled it first, i did properties and the driver version was new....

Fellid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GT 420M driver problem

1. GT 420M driver problem - Similar Threads - 420M driver problem

2. Gt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gt: Hi AllI got a threat warning by microsoft defender saying that "PUA:Win32/CoinMiner" was detected. I was downloading norton security when this happened. I had just factory reset this computer and logged onto it a day ago I factory reset it a couple of days back and signed...
  3. Drivers not installing for GT 730

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Drivers not installing for GT 730: Drivers not installing Specs: Xeon X3430 GT 730 ddr3 Windows 10 Home For some reason whenever I try to install drivers for my Gt 730 its says that "it is not compatible with this version of Windows." Whenever I try to play games like Valorant, my game crashes. I have tried...
  4. Drivers not installing for GT 730

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers not installing for GT 730: Drivers not installing Specs: Xeon X3430 GT 730 ddr3 Windows 10 Home For some reason whenever I try to install drivers for my Gt 730 its says that "it is not compatible with this version of Windows." Whenever I try to play games like Valorant, my game crashes. I have tried...
  5. huion gt-185 tablet drivers

huion gt-185 tablet drivers: can anyone out there help me with drivers that work with this tablet. The display works but the pen function keeps failing. I have downloaded the drivers umpteen times from Huion there web site is useless, also i can not find where to get a new pen(even Huion does not respond...
  6. GT 730 Resolution Problem with latest nvidia drivers

GT 730 Resolution Problem with latest nvidia drivers: Hello, i have a problem with my GT 730 card and my monitors. When i select a resolution like 1920x1080 the screen goes a little from the physical monitor. I have two monitors, an AOC E970SWN monitor and a PnP Generic Monitor (it's a TV that i use as monitor). The first,...
  7. Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card

Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card: I am trying to fix my nephew's old Athlon PC which currently has a 9800GT in it. The driver's I have found either BSOD or black screen. If I connect the PC to the internet it downloads a driver which then black screens. Has anyone successfully set up this card on Windows 10?...
  8. Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card

Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card: I am trying to fix my nephew's old Athlon PC which currently has a 9800GT in it. The driver's I have found either BSOD or black screen. If I connect the PC to the internet it downloads a driver which then black screens. Has anyone successfully set up this card on Windows 10?...
  9. A problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

A problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 220: Hey guys, I got a new PC yesterday (well, for me it's new) but it has problem with the video card. Windows 10 isn't detecting the Display Driver, which is pretty bad because all my games are lagging because of this. When I start the computer, sometimes (not every time)...
  10. Problem with Geforce-GT 710

Problem with Geforce-GT 710: I buy the Gforce GT 710 and when I installed randomly the video card crash in to a black screen and never turn back. I install the lasted driver. My board is the ASUS P5N-E SLI What can I do for fix that problem?*Sad The BIOS is updated. 54690

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF1&SUBSYS_04871025&REV_A1\4&6FAB1F9&0&0008 driver