Windows 10: GTA 5 stutters badly on my new laptop

Discus and support GTA 5 stutters badly on my new laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am going on vacation for a week and to keep myself entertained, I recently got a new laptop from Newegg: Acer Laptop Aspire E5-575-33BM Intel Core i3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ACMDogfight1997, Aug 24, 2017.

1. GTA 5 stutters badly on my new laptop

I am going on vacation for a week and to keep myself entertained, I recently got a new laptop from Newegg: Acer Laptop Aspire E5-575-33BM Intel Core i3 7th Gen 7100U Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Grade A-Newegg.com

I got this laptop because had nice specs and features for its price of $304. The most important to me was the CPU, the integrated graphics, the RAM, and not so importantly but a nice feature: a terabyte of HDD storage. With these specs, I was hoping to play one of few particular games that I installed so I can play while I'm not doing anything else, Grand Theft Auto 5. Upon from reviewing the specs and comparing them to the minimum requirements detailed on the Steam page, it seemed like the game would be playable. However, when I started the game myself, there was a major problem.

The game would constantly stutter. The opening R* scene would lag, driving around Los Santos was laggy, and the final benchmark would freeze the game a while after it starts. Even while running in the bare minimum settings the game provides to you, stuttering is an obnoxious and constant problem. My guess is that the memory is what's dragging the performance down. I tried using the Windows 10 Game Mode and Razer Cortex Game Booster (although the latter, I uninstalled after hearing about it being not helpful) and I still have this problem. I'll be leaving Saturday, so I'd like to know something hopefully sometime tomorrow.

:)

ACMDogfight1997, Aug 24, 2017

2. [N97] How to use Phone Microphone in BT Mode

must be my phone. when i have mine any distance from my mouth. The recipient always says they can only hear every other word. the sound stutters very badly

foxmeister---01, Aug 24, 2017
  3. gta 5

sir

i have a laptop win 10

ihave gta 5 xbox one cd

it will work on xbox one on my laptop

when i open xbox on laptop how to install the cd

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell answer to

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the
    Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questionsfor
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

S.P.Jai Vishwa, Aug 24, 2017
  4. GTA 5 stutters badly on my new laptop

@ACMDogfight1997: I think you just answered your own question. I'm not going to mince words, it stutters because the laptop you bought has a garbage integrated graphics module. GTAV is a very resources demanding game. Get a better laptop if you want to play.

But if it's any consolation to you, a friend of mine plays GTAV on an ASUS ultrabook that has Intel HD Graphics 515, he's lucky if it gets 20FPS. And it lags like hell. Your model appears to have Intel HD Graphics 620, which is slightly better.

AnonVendetta, Aug 24, 2017
  5. Archie123 Win User
    Minimum specifications:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz.
    • Memory: 4GB.
    • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, *11)
    • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible.
    • HDD Space: 65GB.
    • DVD Drive.

This is a link to gta 5 benchmarked on your chip , 6 fps at 1080p isn't playable it cant even hit 30fps at 1024x768 unfortunately :/

Intel HD Graphics 620 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Archie123, Aug 25, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    I would not expect stellar gaming experience from a Intel HD Graphics 620 GPU (which is a budget sku) and the CPU wont perform well either. On top of that, because they've gone for thinness over airflow, the system will get rather hot and then thermal throttle what performance it does have. On top of all that it has a slow 5400rpm HD so any games you can find that will run on it will be rather slow in loading.

To give you some idea of the resouces GTA needs, I have settings on ultra/high and it takes up 3gb of video ram.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GTA 5 stutters badly on my new laptop

1. GTA 5 stutters badly on my new laptop - Similar Threads - GTA stutters badly

2. Gta 5 not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 5 not opening: Hello,so i downgraded from win 11 to win 10,and cause i am using gta v with mods,one of them requires spech pack,so i can talk,after installing it game stopped working,it says suspended in task manager and terminated in resource monitor,i teyed going back to win 11 but didnt...
  3. Gta 5 not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gta 5 not opening: Hello,so i downgraded from win 11 to win 10,and cause i am using gta v with mods,one of them requires spech pack,so i can talk,after installing it game stopped working,it says suspended in task manager and terminated in resource monitor,i teyed going back to win 11 but didnt...
  4. Gta 5 on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 5 on pc: Hello, i have a question. Can you download gta 5 on pc if you already bought the game on the microsoft store?i had it on my xbox before it doesn't appear iwhen i search for it in the microsoft store. Does anyone know?...
  5. Gta 5 on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gta 5 on pc: Hello, i have a question. Can you download gta 5 on pc if you already bought the game on the microsoft store?i had it on my xbox before it doesn't appear iwhen i search for it in the microsoft store. Does anyone know?...
  6. GTA 5 LAG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 LAG: LAPTOP SPECIFICATION INTEL UHD GRAPHICS 8GB RAM NVIDIA GEFORCE MX130 WINDOWS 10 GUYS WHILE I AM PLAYING GTA 5 THERE IS SUDDEN LAG AND AUDIO IS PLAYED IN SLOW MOTION.I WOULD PAUSE THE GAME AND AFTER 5 MINUTES I WOULD UNPAUSE THE GAME THE GAME WORKS SMOOTHLY FOR SOME...
  7. GTA 5 Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lagging: [IMG]My problem not solved after updating Windows. I having same problem memory continuously increasing while playing only gta 5, you can see in the above picture. So try to give me some idea's to solve memory leaking....
  8. GTA 5 Lags & Stutters Since Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lags & Stutters Since Win10 Install: Seriously, they say Windows 10 is the fastest Windows OS to date, yet to me it's the slowest I've ever encountered! GTA 5 was working magic back on Windows 7, yet here on Win10, lags and stutters start to emerge, particularly after installing the latest updates. Not only...
  9. Will i be able to play GTA 5 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will i be able to play GTA 5 on my laptop: My laptop is a Dell Windows 10, Core I5, 7th gen. My pc has a total sotrage compacity of 916GB and so far have left 815GB. My processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70GHz My installed memory (RAM) 8.00GB (7.90 GB usable) System type: 64-bit...
  10. Gta 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 5: Does anyone get fps drops while driving around in the city? Is there any solution to this? Specs : 8gb ram, core i5 2nd gen (2.4 with turbo boost upto 3.2 Ghz) AMD Radeon 6770M 2gb GDDR5 Intel HD 3000 2gb Windows 10 Insider Pro Preview 6093

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my dell precision m6400 lags and stutters on windows 10