Windows 10: GTX 1070, Normal Temperature but High RPM Fans

Discus and support GTX 1070, Normal Temperature but High RPM Fans in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have Galax GTX 1070 Hall of Fame (bought it late 2016) and from the last week I have an issue with high RPM fans. I've downloaded GPU-Z and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cliffflip, Feb 25, 2018.

1. cliffflip Win User

GTX 1070, Normal Temperature but High RPM Fans

Hi, I have Galax GTX 1070 Hall of Fame (bought it late 2016) and from the last week I have an issue with high RPM fans. I've downloaded GPU-Z and Hardware Monitor software to check temperature and it's showing normal (33c / 91f) but the RPM counter is over 3000 RPM, and a lot of noise coming from the triple fans. I've also have downloaded MSI Afterburner to manually control the fans but I stuck on "'Overclock' is disable on debug mode." I don't know if it's coincidental or not but this issue starts 'regularly' after updating to GeForce 390.77 driver and updating mainboard BIOS to 7A33v39.What's the problem? Please help, thanks in advance.

:)

cliffflip, Feb 25, 2018

2. Fan runs constantly

Hi,

The fan in the laptop is constantly running to cool down the cpu and it is normal for it to increase it's speed, your fan should run quietly even it increases the rpm. But if you hear a loud noise in the fan, there may the issue with CPU utilization which
    increases the temperature in the system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 25, 2018
  3. Critical Kernel-Power error when GPU is on load

Hi David,

No, I have never overclocked my Cpu or Gpu. My old Intel Xeon is insanely powerful and I haven't met any program or game yet that would have required that and the Gtx 1070 is currently the sixth strongest Gpu on the market. I don't see any reason to tune it
    besides the fact that I've just bought it last Monday GTX 1070, Normal Temperature but High RPM Fans :)

Regarding the thermal paste on the Cpu, everything's fine. I've personally removed the original TP-sticker and replaced it by high quality paste, which covers the whole back of the Xeon and not just the center. The very low temperatures, even on load, speak
    for themselves.

I can't tell about the TP used on the GTX because you can't remove the massive body and fans that easy and I do believe I'd lose my warranty if I do so. Also the temperatures are perfectly ok during load. I stressed it with Grand theft auto 5 on maximum settings
    and the Gpu reached only a maximum of 70°C

The insides of my PC are also very well dusted out. I cleaned it thoroughly with compressed-air-spray when building in the GTX and the new PSU

Bud_Spanker, Feb 25, 2018
  4. AddRAM Win User

Have you contacted the manufacturer yet ?

I`d go back to the previous driver, see if it fixes your issue.

AddRAM, Feb 25, 2018
  5. cliffflip Win User
    No I haven't contact them.
    Right now I'm using 388.71 driver and with this it looks like solve the issue.

I forgot to mention that I have two 4K monitors, although I only use one monitor most of the time.So I'll just describe all steps I've made, because I'm not sure what step(s) solve it.1. Downgrade GeForce driver (from 390.77 -> 390.65 -> 388.71)2. Downgrade BIOS from 7A33v39 to 7A33v36 (Failed, because it won't accept BIOS with release date older than the one I currently use)3. Reset BIOS to system default4. Use jumper to clear CMOS5. Use another GPU (AMD Radeon R7 260X) to determine if it was the GPU or other issue, the GPU fan works just fine6. Reseted GTX 1070 to another PCI-E slot7. Blows the 1070's fans and heatsink with my mouth, although it looks not dirty8. Boot with essential components only9. And this is the step that, I guess, solves the issue. Connect the 2nd monitor only via HDMI, leave my main monitor (via DisplayPort) unplugged, then boot my PC -> shut down -> plug my main monitor. Strange, I knowThanks for the help.

cliffflip, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GTX 1070, Normal Temperature but High RPM Fans - Similar Threads - GTX 1070 Normal

2. Fluid Motion Frames on gtx 1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fluid Motion Frames on gtx 1070: I got a mighty old af Gpu, a 1070 msi x and I was looking into playing CP2077 with FG modLukeFZ fsr 3 and fg mod for older cards. The problem is the input lag is terrible and it hurts my eyes seeing the unresponsiveness of the screen. Is there a way to reduce it or should I...
  3. Fluid Motion Frames on gtx 1070

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fluid Motion Frames on gtx 1070: I got a mighty old af Gpu, a 1070 msi x and I was looking into playing CP2077 with FG modLukeFZ fsr 3 and fg mod for older cards. The problem is the input lag is terrible and it hurts my eyes seeing the unresponsiveness of the screen. Is there a way to reduce it or should I...
  4. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  5. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  6. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

7. AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070: Hello everyone.To anyone wondering why your graphics GPU is running at 100% while you're Pc is at idle and your task Manager shows your GPU running at 100 percent though you are not running games or heavy programs.you'll notice this AddInProcess in the Task Manager and notice...
  8. AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070

AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070: Hello everyone.To anyone wondering why your graphics GPU is running at 100% while you're Pc is at idle and your task Manager shows your GPU running at 100 percent though you are not running games or heavy programs.you'll notice this AddInProcess in the Task Manager and notice...
  9. AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. asus gtx 1070

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    asus gtx 1070: hi all I just got a gtx 1070 my issue is when I use gpu tweak it has 3 modes ,oc , gamming, and silent mode when I use the oc mode and play a game the game well play a few minutes the screen will get color pixelated and them bsod gaming and silent seem to be fine did I get...