Windows 10: GTX 970 acting up again, errors and black screen

Discus and support GTX 970 acting up again, errors and black screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Recently my video card has been 'glitching' up with no trace. Its on the latest drivers and I even tried DDU in safe mode. Tonight Im watching a movie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by LVTHER, Sep 30, 2016.

1. LVTHER Win User

GTX 970 acting up again, errors and black screen

Recently my video card has been 'glitching' up with no trace. Its on the latest drivers and I even tried DDU in safe mode. Tonight Im watching a movie in VLC and my screen just started going black. Each time it did there was an event.

could the card be dying?

GTX 970 acting up again, errors and black screen [​IMG]

:)

LVTHER, Sep 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 update screen goes black at 32%

Trying to update from Windows 10 10240 to 1151 but the screen goes black at 32% when features and drivers are being installed. The hard drive light is not blinking. I have a custom pc with gtx 970 if that helps

KamilSzymczak, Sep 30, 2016
  3. W10 Update problem with 2 different GPUs

I have two graphics cards in my machine. One a GTX 970, the other a GTX 580. The 970 does gfx duties and the 580 I use for phys-x. One card is used to drive one screen, the other, my second screen and this all worked fine under W7.

After installing W10 is now giving me a code 43 error (stopped device because it reported problems) on the 580.

I've manually updated drivers to no effect.

If I disconnect the 970, then the 580 works fine and drives the second screen no problems. When I pop the 970 back in it returns the code 43 error on the 580 card.

Any suggestions please as it's driving me mad?

Many thanks in advance.

rhinochopig, Sep 30, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Are you on W10 AU 1607? Using latest nVidia drivers? If yes, then do yourself a favor and downgrade your videocard drivers to something like 368.xx or 369.xx

eLPuSHeR, Sep 30, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    Or not.

I haven't seen major problems with the latest drivers on my two desktops. Both have Maxwell nVidia cards (Titan X, GTX 970).

Sorry that I can't offer a positive suggestion. I suppose that LVTHER would prefer not to do a clean Win 10 install, which tends to fix a lot of errors that are hard to repair otherwise.

bobkn, Sep 30, 2016
  6. LVTHER Win User
    You're right, I dont have the patience at this time. Im also looking to get a M.2 SSD so ill wait till then. I also have a suspicion that my MB might be killing cards as this is my second one.

LVTHER, Sep 30, 2016
  7. i want to share with you my bad experience with win10 and the gtx 970(zotac) *Rolleyes...maybe this can help you

i bought my gtx970 used from the internet, well almost the whole pc is used but it works pretty well until i installed win 10 pro 64 bit and the new gpu.

my pc:
    i7 3930k
    mb: intel mb
    12gb of ram in quad channel
    ssd: intel 535 (win10 original)
    hdd: wd 2tb (win7 cracked)
    LG 4k tv with hdmi2.0 and 4:4:4 compatibility

b4 i bought the gtx 970 i was using a HD6870 for gaming and it did the job pretty well (win10) but limited to 1080p gaming.. so i bought the 970 and uninstalled the amd drivers then installed the lastest nvidia drivers and here start the nightmare lol

opened trackmania2 and got black screens, flickering, random horizontal lines (not the whole time) and when exiting the game i got artifacts in the win10 desktop lol white dots everywhere... the majority of the time i can play it with no problems but somethimes i get white dots in the win10 desktop. Yesterday i got green horizontal lines while playing *Sad

crysis3 just gave me white dots (not always but when i close the game i get white dots everywhere). And noticed something, when the fan goes to 100% it start to show artifacts (not real artifacts just white dots, they dont look like real artifacts)

CS:GO screen flickering and horizontal lines

BF3 pretty good game, no problems at all.

gta4 no problems

youtube: its weird but i got artifacts when whatching videos

i also overclocked it to 1450 with the stock voltaje and got 5fps more in bf3 GTX 970 acting up again, errors and black screen :p

after a week surfing on the internet and sad bcouse i wasnt enjoyning my new pc (i spent something like 1700usd in total)..

I started to research the problem by my self... found something:

Went to chroma 4:4:4 to 4:2:0 and problem solved, then went back to 4:4:4 and no problems at all. But then i started to get flickering and horizontal lines in cs:go so i decided to boot my pc from the HDD (win7).

Long story short: been playing all the games i have and no sing of any problem so...

i could say that win10 is just too premature to handle 4k content... or even recent gpu's.

i will stay away from win10 for a while... hope it helps to you!!

blackhatch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GTX 970 acting up again, errors and black screen - Similar Threads - GTX 970 acting

2. error code 45 with my Graphic card GTX 970

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error code 45 with my Graphic card GTX 970: CPU: Intel CoreTM i7-7700KGraphic card: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GMotherboard: Asus Prime B250 proMy display card could not be detected since I installed one of the quality updates of Window 10 20H2 on 29/04/2021. The problem comes when I reboot the computer after installing the...
  3. GTX 980Ti Causing black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 980Ti Causing black screen: Hey All! I'm after some help regarding my graphics card, when in game the screen will randomly go black, and then my screen will say no signal detected, so i have to hard reboot, and it will start again. Any ideas where to start diagnostics? To see if it's an issue with the...
  4. My GTX 970 fans are stuck at 100%

My GTX 970 fans are stuck at 100%: No idea what's caused this, turned my machine on one day and noticed the fans were louder than usual. They spin up as soon as I get to the login screen for windows. I've been using MSI Afterburner to control the fan speed for months with no issues but now setting the slider...
  5. GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?: Hello - here is my situation: Approx 1 week ago I upgraded from a GTX 770 (had absolutely NO issues, infact I cant remember the last time I saw a BSOD with this PC) Upgraded to a R9 390X card, and sold my 770. Within a day, I started to get random reboots, crashes,...
  6. win 10 and gtx 970 flickering, black screens, horizontal green lines..

win 10 and gtx 970 flickering, black screens, horizontal green lines..: this is a copy paste (mine ofcourse) and will start a thread with it becouse i find this important.. ---------------- i want to share with you my bad experience with win10 and the gtx 970(zotac) ...maybe this can help you i bought my gtx970 used from the internet,...
  7. AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970

AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970: Hello fellow TenForums users. Since the release of W10 AU [1607] build I am pretty scared to upgrade drivers for my GTX 970. In fact, I am running an older release because latest ones don't work fine for me. I am not that impressed with DirectCompute, DX12 and Vulkan...
  8. Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10

Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10: In all of my games after upgrading no longer scale properly (the picture is too big for the screen) and there are sever graphical problems. Its almost as if the games dont load some of the shaders or filters. When switching to borderless window in some games this helps while...
  9. Asus strix 970 gtx fan?

Asus strix 970 gtx fan?: Hi again. When I got my Asus strix 970 gtx on desktop the fan wouldn't spin but as soon as I started a game it would. At this point I didn't even have GPU tweak installed and would sound like it would go to 100% as soon as I opened up a game. After some time this stopped...
  10. Miracast - Not Supported By Graphics Driver? GTX 970

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast - Not Supported By Graphics Driver? GTX 970: According to information gathered by numerous Google searches, NVidia GTX 970 & 980 cards should support Miracast, but when I do a diagnostic report it says my Graphics Driver is not supported. My PC can find the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter on my LG tv, and the tv...