Windows 10: GTX1080 SLI Surround Flickering In-Game Only

Discus and support GTX1080 SLI Surround Flickering In-Game Only in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, Guys and Gals. I just got my MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawx SLI and NVIDIA's SLI Bridge installed but somehow two of the three monitors flicker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MalteMB, Aug 15, 2016.

1. MalteMB Win User

GTX1080 SLI Surround Flickering In-Game Only

Hi, Guys and Gals.

I just got my MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawx SLI and NVIDIA's SLI Bridge installed but somehow two of the three monitors flicker in-game.

Overall performance is really great, but on two screens the monitor flickers like an analog TV or so...

I have read somewhere that flickering on 1080 might happen, but only on desktop, watching videos or websurfing, but this problem is only in-game. But it happens every time.

The problem only occurs on TWO of the three displays used for NVIDIA Surround AND first I thought it was the card, but both monitors are on different cards in the SLI rig. So the screen that does not flickers also shares the card with a monitor that flickers.

Two are connected using DVI-D cable and one is connected with a DVI-D cable and a Display Port adapter to make it fit because the 1080s only has one DVI-D port each.

Playing in windowed mode (even borderless) makes the flickering go away, but as soon as I switch back to fullscreen it flickers again.

Please help here if you can or point me to the right direction. I appreciate that very much.

I posted the same problem to the NVIDIA Forum, but no luck so far.... https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...in-game-only-/

Best

:)

MalteMB, Aug 15, 2016
  2. Fser Win User

Nvdia SLI Performance Shaky After Creators Update

After installing Creators Update, I can no longer launch Witcher 3 while running 2-way SLI. (GTX1080 FE)

Another game, Overwatch in my case, seem to have no problem running with the same settings.

And another game, albeit older one - Tales of Zestiria, sees FPS drops in in-game locations that are not graphically taxing.

Every time I launch Witcher 3, it crashes. Only way I can launch it without crashing is to run single GPU.

I have the latest driver from Nvidia.

Is SLI causing problems on Creators Update a known issue? Will it be addressed?

3. SterSter Win User
    Dual Monitors Suddenly Stopped Working

Thank you for your response but I am happy to report the problem has been fixed! Apparently one of the recent GPU driver updates changed my SLI settings and disabled dual monitor displays.

If anyone else has this problem with two NVIDIA GTX 970 GPUs then go into the NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on the NVIDIA icon in your icon tray. Go to {NVIDIA Control Panel->3D Settings->Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX} then under "SLI Configuration"
    select "Activate all displays". Click apply in the bottom right of the window and the new setting should allow multiple monitors to work after your screen flickers off and on a couple times.

SterSter, Aug 15, 2016
  4. GTX1080 SLI Surround Flickering In-Game Only

Hallo Malte und willkommen in der Windows Zehn forum *Wink

I did a quick Google search and found a thread on an overclocking forum where someone had the same issue, and the solution provided was to check if the bridge was inserted correctly, he said that his SLI bridge was a little bit loose and that is why he had flickering.

Have you checked this?

And how about the NVIDIA drivers, do you have the latest ones available?

You can check them here: NVIDIA Drivers

And also remember that there will be a big amount of games out there that don't have that great support for SLI!

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Aug 15, 2016
  5. MalteMB Win User
    Hi, BorisTheAnimal.

Thank you for the response. I will check that and keep you informed

MalteMB, Aug 15, 2016
  6. MalteMB Win User
    Thank you for the suggestion. It works fine now!

MalteMB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GTX1080 SLI Surround Flickering In-Game Only

1. GTX1080 SLI Surround Flickering In-Game Only - Similar Threads - GTX1080 SLI Surround

2. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb: Hello everyone. Lets start with problem what ive had two days ago my m.2 ssd stopped working so ive replaced it to new one. All fine now. So ive had to install new window ive done that done all updates, chipset etc., but when im installing graphic driver its not working. Its...
  3. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb: Hello everyone. Lets start with problem what ive had two days ago my m.2 ssd stopped working so ive replaced it to new one. All fine now. So ive had to install new window ive done that done all updates, chipset etc., but when im installing graphic driver its not working. Its...
  4. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sli activation issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sli activation issue: got two nvidia cards linked and the driver everytime I click enable sli it ask me to close the programs: and then it gives me a long list, half i know the other half is stupid microsoft embbeded trash and I dont even know... so how can I close this d*mn programs to proceed...
  6. PC Crash SLI Gaming Reliability Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crash SLI Gaming Reliability Error: Can anyone help me suss out why the heck I keep getting hard reboots in gaming with my SLI rig. I originally assumed it was overheating due to the SLI and it happening around 84c on the GPU's. I replaced all the thermal paste on the old GTX 1080's and underpowered the card in...
  7. screen flickers only on specific game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen flickers only on specific game: Respected sir , recently when I was playing transformers and farcry 3 my screen start flickering but was not flickering when I have played Assassian creed 3 and gta san andreas . my pc specs are i3 4160T with 4 gb ram and intel hd graphics 4400 ....
  8. DirectX 12 and SLI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 and SLI: What is happening with DirectX 12 and SLI and MuliGPU gaming? Any game that releases with DirectX 12 never supports SLI. Have you killed SLI microsoft? I read that deferred rendering is the reason SLI doesn't work. No one is talking about this issue, everyone just...
  9. Surround sound not working for some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround sound not working for some games.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that certain games (such as Project Reality, the STALKER series and Killing Floor) do not have surround sound - only stereo. It looks as though there must be a driver issue as I never noticed this issue in Windows 7. The odd...
  10. Flickering in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering in games: So in games for example subnautica I have flickering issues of my desktop/taskbar is there anyway to fix this it is so annoying 45151

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spanning 3d surround display flickering sli