Windows 10: GUI program to move files and keep date modified attribute

Discus and support GUI program to move files and keep date modified attribute in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any good programs that can do this? 86055 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jun 3, 2017.

1. GUI program to move files and keep date modified attribute

Any good programs that can do this?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jun 3, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 date created column

Hi, this is a fault built into Windows, it destroys Creation and Modified dates when copying files

There is a free App - SafeCopy which can be used to copy files and folders of files while maintaining the file attributes like Creation and Modified dates

SafeCopy Free - copy files and preserve date/time stamps

The Modified and Creation dates might still exist on the backup you created, if so use SafeCopy to transfer them to your new computer

DaveM121, Jun 3, 2017
  3. WP 8.1 Dev not sorting video after a hard reset

Thing is, the videos actually have create/modified attributes on the files themselves, so it shouldn't actually be much of a challenge.

Thing with the restore process, is that it destroys the created date, leaving a file with a created date later than the modified date. If the files were sorted by the modified date, then problem solved.

Not a fan of the workaround. By default, videos are grouped by date. If you do a factory reset (which is the solution to everything these days), it should be possible to get your phone back in the state it was in prior. Given this issue, that is not possible.

MichaelM_82, Jun 3, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

GUI program to move files and keep date modified attribute

File Explorer (doing it through Windows) already preserves your Date Modified detail for files, yet it doesn't do so for the folders; it makes them changed to the moment of the move/copy.

You meant to say this for folders, correct?

pepanee, Jun 3, 2017
  5. You are correct. Just updated the title.

6. pepanee Win User
    FastCopy can do this for you. Check it out

pepanee, Jun 3, 2017
  7. Cool thanks. Doesn't look like there's a cut\move option but this'll do.

8. pepanee Win User

Yes there is that option.

Best method:
    1) Open the program
    2) For Source: select the folder you want to move the folder from
    3) For DestDir: put the folder you want to move folders/files to
    4) Select the Copy (overwrite) option!
    5) Press Execute
    6) After it being done, go to that folder you made a copy of these files to, and double check to see that the folders kept their attributes
    7) After that, delete the ones from the original location that you don't want them there anymore

pepanee, Jun 3, 2017
  9. Hmm, I think your method is still copying since I have go back and delete the original. I do see a move (overwrite) option in that same drop down so I think this is what I'm looking for.

10. pepanee Win User
    Yes that is the option you are looking for. Yet one thing about that option is that it will move everything in the folder you are moving. That's something to keep in mind (you cannot select the specific files/folders you want to move.)

Example: You are moving from C:\abc to C:\xyz
    Everything from abc will move to xyz; you cannot select what files/folders you want to move

You see what I'm saying, ya?

pepanee, Jun 3, 2017
  11. Gotcha thanks for your help.

12. chok Win User
    accoding to this we can "simply" zip/unzip file. (A tenforums context menu would be handy!!)

13. GUI program to move files and keep date modified attribute

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GUI program to move files and keep date modified attribute - Similar Threads - GUI program move

2. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  3. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  4. Dates modified

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dates modified: I did a factory reset on my laptop, and chose the delete everything, but I still have some files saying they were modified before the factory reset? submitted by /u/Hi_im_joker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lugnqk/dates_modified/
  5. Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes: Folders in windows explorer are not showing last modified and last accessed time/date but only creation time/date while files are showing all three attributes. No matter what change I make to any folder e.g. changing name or date inside it its modification time will never be...
  6. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  7. date modified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    date modified: when Im looking for files it no longer lets me do date modified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-modified/35718835-05a2-4282-8ba9-ed627239b036
  8. File Explorer Create date attribute

File Explorer Create date attribute: When I change a file create date to any date before 1980, File Explorer does not show the date attribute and sorting by date does not work. I am using Bulk File Changer or Attribute Changer to change the attribute. I believe this is a bug....
  9. Impossible 'modified' dates on files - how?

in Windows 10 Support
    Impossible 'modified' dates on files - how?: Going through some folders on my laptop, there are a number of .wav files that I created myself on a digital piano I bought in late 2015. The weird thing is the 'Date Modified' column shows they were modified in 2013, which I know is impossible because I had no digital piano...
  10. Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified)

Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified): I've recently been moving a lot of pdf files from an "unsorted" folder to others where they are sorted by content. There is one I saw about a week ago I am trying to find again, but none of the search options seem to work for locating it because moving a file from one folder...