Windows 10: Guide on how to install PRO in S mode

Discus and support Guide on how to install PRO in S mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Guide to installing 1803 PRO in S ModeAs you are probably aware, MS are quietly dropping Win 10S in favour of S Mode in the manin SKUs.It is not well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cereberus, May 13, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Guide on how to install PRO in S mode

Guide to installing 1803 PRO in S ModeAs you are probably aware, MS are quietly dropping Win 10S in favour of S Mode in the manin SKUs.It is not well publicised yet but you can set up S mode in PRO at least (not sure about Home yet)To do this, yu need to create an unattend.xml fileStep 1 - create fle stucture for dism commandsI created the following file structure to do thisC:\test\offline\answerfiles containing the xml file (I called it myunattend.xml file) created in step 2c:\test\images containing the install wim file that we modify from the default in the standard MS isoMount standard 1803 iso as a drive and copy install.wim from sources folder (note - I downloaded iso direct rather than via mct which uses install.esd) c:\test\offline which needs to be created up front even though blankStep 2 - Create myunattend.xml fileI then installed AdDK and Windows SIM to create the unattend file. I basically followed step 3 in tutorial uing latest 1803 ADK, and only installed the follwoing component as perhttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-10-s-enable-s-modei.e.amd64_Microsoft_Windows_CodeIntegrity component to Pass 2 offline Servicing.and set amd64_Microsoft_Windows_CodeIntegrity\SkuPolicyRequired to 1.I then saved the xmfile as myunattend.xml in folder as above.You can skip all the ADK/SIM stuf by simply copying following code to myunattend.xml file if you like

Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="offlineServicing"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-CodeIntegrity" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/customize-windows-10-image-in-audit-mode-with-sysprep.8246/Step']Windows 10 Help Forums[/url] 3 - apply dism to unattend fileType the following command to mount the offline Windows image. Code: Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:C:\test\images\install.wim /name:"Windows 10 Pro" /MountDir:C:\test\offline[/quote] Type the following command to apply the unattended answer file to the image. Code: DISM /Image:C:\test\offline /Apply-Unattend:C:\test\answerfiles\myunattend.xml[/quote] Type the following command to commit the changes and unmount the image. Code: Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\test\offline /Commit[/quote] Step 4 - Install Pro 10 SCreate usb installation flash drive using standard windows iso, and replace install.wim in sources directory with modified install.wim in images directoryInstall and setup in normal way.You now have PRO 10 S running in S mode.

:)

cereberus, May 13, 2018
  2. Ethan B. Win User

Switching out of Windows 10 Pro S Mode

Hi Amanda,

Hope I can help you here, I'd actually like for you to go to Pro since you can do so much more with your very capable machine. Given that Windows 10 Pro is in S mode, and on your computer is not Windows 10 S itself, you should be able to switch out of that.

Here's a link that should serve as a reference to these instructions that will follow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deploy...

1. Sign into the Microsoft Store using your Microsoft account.

2. Search for "S mode"

3. In the offer, click Buy, Get, OR Learn more. You'll be prompted to save your files before the switch starts. Follow the prompts to switch to Windows 10 Pro.

Let me know what happens when you try to perform these steps, and we'll be able to go from there. Good luck.

Ethan B., May 21, 2018
  3. Installer UI Mode Error on windows 10

Hi Aly,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please reply to these questions, to understand the issue better:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try installing the application
      in compatibility mode?

I suggest you to install NX10 in compatibility mode and check if it helps. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Guide on how to install PRO in S mode

1. Guide on how to install PRO in S mode - Similar Threads - Guide install PRO

2. How to install Windows 11 S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 11 S mode?: How to install Windows 11 S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-11-s-mode/b87b64ea-2da0-4c9e-b247-2bd26f83a6d6
  3. How to install Windows 11 S mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 11 S mode?: How to install Windows 11 S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-11-s-mode/b87b64ea-2da0-4c9e-b247-2bd26f83a6d6
  4. How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode: I am wondering if it is possible to permanently switch out of Windows 11 S mode. I purchased a computer that came with Windows 11 Home in S Mode preinstalled, which I reimaged to install Windows 11 Pro. However, that was a whole issue in and of itself because the Windows...
  5. How to desactivate W 11 Mode S to allow for the installation of SpyderX Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to desactivate W 11 Mode S to allow for the installation of SpyderX Pro?: Opening SpyderX Pro is prevented because the app has not been certified according to the pop-up box. While researching the problem, the steps suggested by Microsoft Support do not work as it referred to a "Switch to Windows 11 Pro section" under Activation which does not...
  6. How to desactivate W 11 Mode S to allow for the installation of SpyderX Pro?

How to desactivate W 11 Mode S to allow for the installation of SpyderX Pro?: Opening SpyderX Pro is prevented because the app has not been certified according to the pop-up box. While researching the problem, the steps suggested by Microsoft Support do not work as it referred to a "Switch to Windows 11 Pro section" under Activation which does not...
  7. S Mode Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode Windows 11 Pro: I upgraded the computer license from a Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. After the upgrade I found the computer was in S mode.When I go to the Microsoft Store to remove S Mode there is no "get" button to remove.Please advise how I can get the computer out of S mode.Thanks!...
  8. S Mode Windows 11 Pro

S Mode Windows 11 Pro: I upgraded the computer license from a Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. After the upgrade I found the computer was in S mode.When I go to the Microsoft Store to remove S Mode there is no "get" button to remove.Please advise how I can get the computer out of S mode.Thanks!...
  9. Windows10 pro s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows10 pro s mode: My new hp laptop came with windows 10 s mode. i bought it so i could attend zoom meetings for work. i found out that i cannot load or run zoom from s mode. i purchased windows 10 pro s mode because microsoft indicated that i could download apps from sources other than app...
  10. Uninstalling windows pro S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalling windows pro S mode: Hey everyone, My friend recently purchased a new computer and a computer guy convinced him to spend an additional $20 to upgrade to S mode. However, the computer says Edition: Windows 10 Pro in S mode Activation: Windows in not activated We want to uninstall S mode but we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skupolicyrequired

2. <SkuPolicyRequired>