Windows 10: GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?

Discus and support GWX icon on old, non-NX PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some time ago I posted about an old PC that wouldn't accept Windows 10 ... I've got several problems with this very old Dell Inspiron I8200 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nigelmercier, Dec 9, 2015.

1. GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?

Some time ago I posted about an old PC that wouldn't accept Windows 10 ...

I've since fixed the DVD drive, but I gave up because of the missing NX support.

Yesterday I got a Get Windows 10 (GWX) icon in the system tray. Surely this is a mistake?

:)

nigelmercier, Dec 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade scan Re-do

I want to upgrade to windows 10.

I have the GWX icon on my toolbar. I tried to upgrade, but it said my video card was out of date so I could not upgrade. I replaced my video card, but I can not get it to rerun the compatibility test so I can upgrade. When I click on the GWX icon, it opens
    a window and says that the old graphics card is still installed.

I have followed the steps outlined and told it to rerun the Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser (3 times now) which it says it has done. However, the GWX window still says I have the old video card installed.

Help! Thanks,

~N

Nick Spence, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Get Windows 10 icon disappears after reservation

I got the GWX icon, signed up to the get the update, got a confirmation email.

But now after rebooting I don't see the GWX icon, and in the event log get:

Information message: GWX App: Current calculated phase 'None' is not configured to run tray app. Exiting.

Information message: Appraiser pre-req failed

Information message: GWX CompatLib: Markers read successfully

Information message: GWX Main: Launched for tray startup

Information message: GWX Main: No existing tray window found

Information message: GWX Main: Launched by event 2

And no GWX icon appears.

Will I still get the upgrade?

speedyboyd, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?

1. GWX icon on old, non-NX PC? - Similar Threads - GWX icon old

2. Help with Slow / Non Responsive Win 10 On Old PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Slow / Non Responsive Win 10 On Old PC: I have a quite old PC, only the GPU is recent (2018). When I first installed Windows 10, around 2015 or so, the system was running fine at an acceptable response time without lag or "no response" issues. Generally I've always followed the various guides about "making Windows...
  3. Waves NX buzzing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waves NX buzzing: Hello, I'm having some issues with Waves NX. Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 18363.1198, Xonar DGX. A few days ago I tested a Sabrent USB audio adapter dongle. Since then when Waves NX is used the sound is loudly distorted. This sound is what happened when Waves NX was turned off...
  4. NIKON NX 2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NIKON NX 2: My NIKON NX 2 photo uploading and editing program crashes as soon as I open it, since the recent Microsoft Malware update . I've re-booted, re-installed the program... All to no avail. Nikon says it's a Microsoft problem. How can I get it the NIKON NX 2 program back and...
  5. This pc's processor doesn't support a critical feature (nx)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This pc's processor doesn't support a critical feature (nx): Hi, I want to install Windows 10 32-bit and I have the below error when I'm installing windows 10. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/this-pcs-processor-doesnt-support-a-critical/0ff8789b-02a2-40b0-9d3a-c9ad83235d10
  6. Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon: . SlartyNote2: I tried getting to the dropbox, but the redirect in TF just kept spinning so I uploaded a revised copy with the Win8.1 KB check corrected.: Download fixGwx_full.zip here The zip folder is a different name, but the batch file inside is still named...
  7. Non-Existed Windows Phone Icon appeared in the This PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non-Existed Windows Phone Icon appeared in the This PC.: Hi, I am having a very strange problem here. So, I have been using Windows Phone before Nokia dropped support for my phone now I switch to other phone. But the Windows Phone icon on the This PC is still there even though it doesn't mapped to anything. I tried...
  8. Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up: I have a Dell XPS 8700 that I previously upgraded to Win10 and then rolled back to Win7 for game compatibility. After the restoration of Win7, I disabled GWX. Yesterday I ran GWX Control Panel to insure that I had killed any Win10 pending upgrade. Out of curiosity I ran SFC...
  9. No GWX notification icon in taskbar

No GWX notification icon in taskbar: Sir, I cannot see the GWX notification icon. I have a genuine copy of windows 7 running in my laptop and installed all the latest updates including KB3035583. It's been more than a week, still there is no sign of GWX icon. Please guide me as to what should I do? 6884
  10. This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX).": Hi there, When i try to upgrade W7 to W10 I get the no NX message. I've run CoreInfo and my CPU supports NX, SEE2 e.t.c mentioned on plenty of google search pages. My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300 CPU is a Intel T9550, Have no idea what the motherboard is. The...