Windows 10: gwx upgrade struck on "check your PC" and media tool upgrade fails.

Discus and support gwx upgrade struck on "check your PC" and media tool upgrade fails. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade my old laptop to windows 10. Its currently running Windows 8.1 pro x64. Resources are no problem, its a core2 duo, 8 GB RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by billeuze, Mar 14, 2016.

1. billeuze Win User

gwx upgrade struck on "check your PC" and media tool upgrade fails.

I'm trying to upgrade my old laptop to windows 10. Its currently running Windows 8.1 pro x64. Resources are no problem, its a core2 duo, 8 GB RAM, discreet ATI video card and plenty of space on 1TB hard drive.

Upgrade using windows update (triggered by GWX.exe) gets the everything downloaded, then does the "Preparing for installation" part, then gets to this screen:

gwx upgrade struck on "check your PC" and media tool upgrade fails. [​IMG]

If I click "Check your PC", it goes right back into downloading and preparing the installation and ends up back at this screen. There seems to be no way to get out of the loop.

So I tried using media creation tool. That process gets me through the setup counting up to 100%, then says "your PC will restart in a few moments. Then just this:

gwx upgrade struck on "check your PC" and media tool upgrade fails. [​IMG]

"Windows 10 installation has failed", no more clues, that's it , its over.

Does anyone know how to get around this or where to find a log file that gives more of a clue?

:)

billeuze, Mar 14, 2016

2. Will I be able to get "get windows 10" icon again soon or later after I reset the windows 10 from my laptop?

I tired doing that and it took over 6 hours, it got stuck on "checking for updates"

Haley Kaiser, Mar 14, 2016
  3. PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

download j2me edition of blueftp to your x2. Configure the settings on application access.

Then browse files, highlight the file which you want to hide press 9

three action will appear.

generalmember, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

gwx upgrade struck on "check your PC" and media tool upgrade fails.

1. gwx upgrade struck on "check your PC" and media tool upgrade fails. - Similar Threads - gwx upgrade struck

2. Windows 8.1 to 10 Upgrade Continually Failing Installation Media Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 to 10 Upgrade Continually Failing Installation Media Tool: Hi, even after countless suggestions from how to websites on how to prepare, update, and disable certain things in order for an update from 8.1 to 10 to occur, I am now in my 3rd month attempting to even get a clean install of Windows 10. My latest maneuver was buying blank...
  3. In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool: Hi AllI was able to successfully use In Place Upgrade Media Creation Tool choosing the option of keeping personal files and applications to upgrade to the latest version 21h1 of Windows 10 this May. However I was still having security update issue even after a freshly...
  4. media creation tool struck at 0% download

media creation tool struck at 0% download: i tried to install 64 bit windows 10 os into my 14 gb usb stick but it is not moving from 0% download completion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-struck-at-0-download/1aacd8f1-401f-4d0c-87c8-e53208ef07a2
  5. Upgraded with Media Tool, no boot disk

Upgraded with Media Tool, no boot disk: Hi, Itried to upgrade keeping files and apps using the media creation tool. After doing its thing and restarting a couple of times, it would not start on the third start up, saying there is no boot disc. I inserted a bootable USB drive and was told that an upgrade is in...
  6. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  7. does the media tool allow upgrade

does the media tool allow upgrade: The media tool will do a fresh install of windows 10. But if someone only wants to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10, does it do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-media-tool-allow-upgrade/d132c67d-c641-4991-932b-bdbe4aff504a
  8. Failed to upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Failed to upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool: I am awaiting notification from my reserved place in line to upgrade to Windows 10 on my PC desktop. At present, my OS is Windows 7 Professional 64. After waiting since July 29, I decided to download the Media Creation Toolx64.exe from the Microsoft website and use it to get...
  9. Media tools Upgrade this pc error

Media tools Upgrade this pc error: When i press upgrade this pc (the first option) it gives me error Something happen Something happen can you please help 9639
  10. "Check your PC before upgrading" in windows update

"Check your PC before upgrading" in windows update: Hi guys, Running Windows 8.1 and am trying to install Windows 10. I'm getting this message: [img] I've followed these instructions: How to force Windows to start downloading the Windows 10 update files | VentureBeat | Business | by Jeff Grubb Emil Protalinski This worked...