Windows 10: Hackers remotely turning on our computer

Discus and support Hackers remotely turning on our computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a problem: hackers are remotely turning on our computer at night. Fortunately, they don't seem malicious, but it's very unpleasant and needs... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by clarisia2, Apr 4, 2017.

1. clarisia2 Win User

Hackers remotely turning on our computer

We have a problem: hackers are remotely turning on our computer at night.

Fortunately, they don't seem malicious, but it's very unpleasant and needs to stop.What we've done so far to solve this:

1. Looked at: How to Remotely Turn On Your PC Over the Internet.
    2. Tried to turn off Wake on LAN. Couldn't find anything in the motherboard manual about Wake on LAN.
    3. Turned off Wake on magic packet. Hackers came back anyway.
    4. Took it to the shop that built the PC. They too tried to turn off Wake on LAN, couldn't find it, ran a virus scan, and charged us lots of money. Hackers came back anyway.
    5. We looked around for other routes hackers might use. We got some Google hits on ports that might be open, say, to give access to remote service desk access. We didn't come up with anything decisive here.

How should we proceed from here? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Computer specs in question, not to be confused with the site computer specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS A55BM-E
    CPU: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon HD graphics
    RAM: 8GB
    Disk: 1 TB

:)

clarisia2, Apr 4, 2017

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 with Reset Windows 10

My account was hacker compromised remote computers

Truong Loan, Apr 4, 2017
  3. Windows Hello on Windows 10.

If using this type of app is useful in blocking hackers from remotely accessing people's computers, then perhaps it should be made available to anyone who wants it.

Frostgiant, Apr 4, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It's more than likely something connected to a USB port that is turning your computer on. Want to prove it? Just unplug the ethernet cable from the network card, if the computer still gets turned on, it's not hackers coming in through the network, nor network related at all. Then after it comes on again with the network cable unplugged, unplug everything that is plugged into USB ports and see if that stops it.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    Hi clarisia2 and welcome to Tenforums.
    Your router may have WOL setup, so check that out.
    If you have Teamviewer installed, uninstall it for now.
    Uncheck "Allow Remote Assistance" here:

Hackers remotely turning on our computer [​IMG]

Unplug/disconnect the system from the internet before shutting down.

See if that doesn't stop it from coming on during the night.

What are these "hackers" doing with the system anyway? Can you tell?

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hackers remotely turning on our computer - Similar Threads - Hackers remotely turning

2. How to recover an account when the hackers changed our email login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover an account when the hackers changed our email login?: Hi, Since some hours my son is not able to launch his pc, we check and we found 2 emails address we don't know, they were able to remove the main email from my son. No to fill the recovering form the main email is not accepted : the account does not exist....
  3. How to recover an account when the hackers changed our email login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover an account when the hackers changed our email login?: Hi, Since some hours my son is not able to launch his pc, we check and we found 2 emails address we don't know, they were able to remove the main email from my son. No to fill the recovering form the main email is not accepted : the account does not exist....
  4. How does a hacker create a hidden administrative account remotely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How does a hacker create a hidden administrative account remotely: I have been hacked. People ask, well how have you been hacked? I have a lot of memory issues due to cancer treatments so I only do my best to remember or take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. When you are on your computer & everything is awesome & no one has been in the...
  5. Remote Access from Hackers

Remote Access from Hackers: Hello Tech Savvys,Remote Access to one's system is a potential threat, so I thought of restricting all sorts of remote access to my system via unchecking " Allow Remote Access Connections " under control panel >remote access settings. However to ensure whether disabling the...
  6. hackers have changed the computer password

hackers have changed the computer password: hackers have changed my computer password and I cannot access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hackers-have-changed-the-computer-password/9e8d2bcb-7b95-4522-91cf-17d9f9f8ad35
  7. Hackers have "established" connections on our windows device when NOT connected to the...

Hackers have "established" connections on our windows device when NOT connected to the...: Hackers have "established" connections on our windows 10 computer with NO internet connection. 1. How can we delete them from our system and 2. how can we prevent this from happening? Obviously they must have implanted some sort of resident software on our windows...
  8. How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop

How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop: How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop connection” windows tool? do hackers have tools that detect the logins of the machines that are are approached by the “remote desktop connection” windows tool? [img] 133565
  9. activate our second computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate our second computer.: We have had word 365 for a year and recently reactivated our license and we cannot get our second computer activated. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-our-second-computer/469b4965-4b74-448a-b6a7-5c3183450331"
  10. Hacker taking control of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hacker taking control of my computer?: Hi, about 40 minutes ago i was playing a game of rainbow six siege on my computer when in the chat i started posting messages not even written by me. This was very confronting so i immediately unpluged the ethenet cable and closed the game. I started a full scan on my...