Windows 10: hacking alert via the commuter...error 268D3

Discus and support hacking alert via the commuter...error 268D3 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my computer has been 'taken over' by this error message, supposedly from Microsoft support. it claims that there is a hacker and if I close the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BJon3, Aug 20, 2018.

1. BJon3 Win User

hacking alert via the commuter...error 268D3

my computer has been 'taken over' by this error message, supposedly from Microsoft support. it claims that there is a hacker and if I close the page/ignore the message Microsoft will be forced to disable my computer, shut it down to protect their network. how can I verify that this is a ligitimate message from Microsoft?

it's asking me to call a 833 number listed so they can walk me thru the process of removing the virus. the message says it's a too free number for Free Checkup. then it asks for my user name and password.

i'm suspicious.

:)

BJon3, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 20, 2018
  3. error # 268D3

Getting a verbal and displayed error # 268D3 and told to call a 888 number. Don't trust this. Any suggestions?

Bobsyouruncle99, Aug 20, 2018
  4. hacking alert via the commuter...error 268D3

My Commute

Thank you Lex,

Although the reminder to commute to Work was not listed in Cortana I have not had any more alerts.

I also deleted the destination "Work" from Cortana as it is no longer a regular commute.

David.Priest, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

hacking alert via the commuter...error 268D3

1. hacking alert via the commuter...error 268D3 - Similar Threads - hacking alert via

2. Fraud on my account via hack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud on my account via hack: My microsoft account was hacked on Wednesday 23rd February at 2:34 pm and a fraudulent purchase was made by the hacker for £839.00. I had my wifes paypal as the payment method. So the transaction went through. I reported the crime immediately once manged to regain control of...
  3. error code 268D3, that has to do with microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code 268D3, that has to do with microsoft edge: I need to speak with a tech support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-268d3-that-has-to-do-with-microsoft/04acaeb4-fa55-43ca-b3e9-f607d2176e97
  4. error code 268D3 removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code 268D3 removal: I got this mssg as , error code 268D3, I need to remove it. can you get in touch with me. I am in the middle of another issue where this happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-268d3-removal/1ee7c42f-789a-4231-a5a5-33952e2fef99
  5. error code 268D3, that has to do with microsoft edge

error code 268D3, that has to do with microsoft edge: I need to speak with a tech support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-268d3-that-has-to-do-with-microsoft/04acaeb4-fa55-43ca-b3e9-f607d2176e97
  6. error code 268D3 removal

error code 268D3 removal: I got this mssg as , error code 268D3, I need to remove it. can you get in touch with me. I am in the middle of another issue where this happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-268d3-removal/1ee7c42f-789a-4231-a5a5-33952e2fef99
  7. hacked indirectly via answers.microsoft.com ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacked indirectly via answers.microsoft.com ?: This morning I had an email problem using my Outlook app on a Windows 10 desktop. I posted a question in the Email section of this board, titled, "mail sent with Outlook disappeared". Within minutes I received a useful response on board from an MVP. A few minutes after...
  8. Error Alert

Error Alert: In my wife's account, an error screen is appearing: It verbally says a spyware virus is appearing that is transferring her data out. It states not to close out, but call 1-866-932-8323. It referenced error 268.D3. However, on a screen partial visible behind the error...
  9. Commuting with Microsot customer service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Commuting with Microsot customer service: I have been trying to get in touch with Microsoft for a couple months. How can I convince them not to delete taking negative actions against a handicapped person....
  10. Hacked via Team Viewer11

Hacked via Team Viewer11: Hi, Well, this just happened... I was playing a game and decided to get something to drink. Closed the game and was upstairs for 1 minute. Got to my computer and someone was remotely on my pc *Eek Team viewer was the culprit. I instantly closed team viewer and got crazy...