Windows 10: Hacking tools were stolen from NSA - Almost all Windows affected

Discus and support Hacking tools were stolen from NSA - Almost all Windows affected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hackers group have posted online a set of tools for hacking Windows operating systems. Most of them was designed for older Windows up to 8.1, but some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndreTen, Apr 14, 2017.

1. AndreTen Win User

Hacking tools were stolen from NSA - Almost all Windows affected

Hackers group have posted online a set of tools for hacking Windows operating systems. Most of them was designed for older Windows up to 8.1, but some of them can be also used for gaining access to Windows 10.

Tools were stolen from NSA last summer, but now they were posted online and available to almost anybody.

Read more on Softpedia: nsa-s-windows-hacking-tools-leaked-millions-of-users-exposed

Update: WinBeta (onMSFT) reports that some vulnerabilities are fixed and provides links to security fixes on MS site..

Update 2: Here is link to MS Blog article with security fixes

:)

AndreTen, Apr 14, 2017
  2. MNoob Win User

phone security

Yes, but Im almost sure that somebody hacked my Lumia 520 with WP 8. Well, there is still chance that somebody from Microsoft or Nokia was using my phone for some remote tests.

MNoob, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Is Windows 10 still vulnerable to WannaCry Ransomware?

WannaCry spreads by exploit in a weakness found in Microsoft Windows which was formerly exploited by the US National Security Agency (NSA) and targets unpatched systems. A group known as The Shadow Brokers claimed to have dumped hacking tools stolen from
    NSA.

Microsoft Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks

How to Protect yourself from the WannaCry or Wana Decryptor Ransomware

How to protect yourself from WannaCry ransomware

Microsoft releases WannaCrypt protection for out-of-support products...Windows XP, Windows 8, & Windows Server 2003

Quote from
    Microsoft Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks

"...we are taking the highly unusual step of providing a security update for all customers to protect Windows platforms that are in custom support only, including Windows XP, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2003. Customers running Windows 10 were not targeted
    by the attack today.

quietman7 - MVP, Apr 14, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Thanks for posting this. Great, just great. My "workload" just increased exponentially by Domegemegrottebytes. *really

simrick, Apr 14, 2017
  5. and who did the nsa steal the hacking tools from in the first place?

ChaChaLaBoom, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for posting that, Andre.

Tony K, Apr 14, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    The NSA develop them.

simrick, Apr 14, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

This is crazy.

Leaked NSA Malware Threatens Windows Users Around the World

simrick, Apr 14, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    It's beyond crazy. It's absolutely ludicrous. Wonder if MS is doing anything about this.

Tony K, Apr 14, 2017
  10. simrick Win User
    Well, nothing has been done by MS since last August, when this stuff was stolen.

simrick, Apr 14, 2017
  11. simrick Win User
    Shadow Brokers Release New Files Revealing Windows Exploits, SWIFT Attacks

Summary

simrick, Apr 14, 2017
  12. Tony K Win User
    Wow, @simrick. You've been busy. Impressive list you made!

So what do we do about all this?

Tony K, Apr 14, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

I didn't make the list - it's copied from BleepingComputer's article on it.

Apparently, they've been released specifically for this weekend, when people will be home for the Easter Holiday, using their computers alot, and business computers will be left unattended (easy prey on both parts). So they expect high hacking activity over this weekend.

I've also read that some of these are not even detectable using VirusTotal.com scanning tool. This is serious stuff: nation-state-grade hacking tools out in the wild, many of them 0-day exploits. I've warned my friends to get their images done before turning in for the night, and stay off the NET over the weekend as much as possible. Until we know more, what else can we do? I am concerned about disruptions to municipalities (water/electricity, etc.); I mean, look what just happened in Dallas the other day - someone hacked into the tornado siren system and set all 156 sirens off.

simrick, Apr 14, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for your good work here, simrick. This is terrible. *Sad

Tony K, Apr 14, 2017
  15. Steve C Win User
    I don't expect any action from MS any time soon. They can't even update Windows without creating major problems.

Steve C, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Hacking tools were stolen from NSA - Almost all Windows affected - Similar Threads - Hacking tools were

2. How were my passwords stolen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How were my passwords stolen?: I recently got my microsoft account hacked, I managed to restore it and get it back but then whoever hacked me sent me a picture of ALL my passwords Bank, College ect. How did they do this and how can I fix it from happening Note: i noticed the file that had my passwords was...
  3. How were my passwords stolen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How were my passwords stolen?: I recently got my microsoft account hacked, I managed to restore it and get it back but then whoever hacked me sent me a picture of ALL my passwords Bank, College ect. How did they do this and how can I fix it from happening Note: i noticed the file that had my passwords was...
  4. Hacked and Cookies Stolen, All Accounts Disappeared Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked and Cookies Stolen, All Accounts Disappeared Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope you can assist me with an urgent issue I've encountered. Recently, I opened a file that I believed to be safe, but it turned out to be malicious. The file was unusually large at 700MB, which I now understand may have allowed it to slip past my...
  5. Hacked and Cookies Stolen, All Accounts Disappeared Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked and Cookies Stolen, All Accounts Disappeared Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope you can assist me with an urgent issue I've encountered. Recently, I opened a file that I believed to be safe, but it turned out to be malicious. The file was unusually large at 700MB, which I now understand may have allowed it to slip past my...
  6. Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked: My son Connor McAulay was on my office computer when his Minecraft account was stolen and the screen went black and the computer shut down. I have no idea how long the hacker was in the network and I my law firm has have very sensitive documents. we know it was a hacker as...
  7. Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked: My son Connor McAulay was on my office computer when his Minecraft account was stolen and the screen went black and the computer shut down. I have no idea how long the hacker was in the network and I my law firm has have very sensitive documents. we know it was a hacker as...
  8. Computer hacked. Files stolen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer hacked. Files stolen.: I have a new computer. I tried to transfer files from old laptop to new computer using Dropbox. Transfer didn't work I don't think. Tried to reach Dropbox. A support service appearing to be from Dropbox appeared. I clicked on it only to hear I couldn't get my files back...
  9. Windows 10 hacked then stolen !! ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 hacked then stolen !! ??: Yes it happened, this one, there are 6 administrators , but that's just some using my accounts on this one and using accounts on my other laptop that they stole my windows program from and changed my product key, now this one, my firewall was open for all incoming traffic ,...
  10. Almost all WannaCry victims were running Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    Almost all WannaCry victims were running Windows 7: One week after it first hit, researchers are getting a better handle on how the WannaCry ransomware spread so quickly — and judging from the early figures, the story seems to be almost entirely about Windows 7. According to data released today by Kaspersky Lab, roughly 98...