Windows 10: Hacking touchpad to reduce surface area??

Discus and support Hacking touchpad to reduce surface area?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have hunted "high and low" for a way to cure jumping cursor curse not only for my zenbook but for any of the current deadly crop of notebooks [their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Feb 8, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

Hacking touchpad to reduce surface area??

I have hunted "high and low" for a way to cure jumping cursor curse not only for my zenbook but for any of the current deadly crop of notebooks [their touchpads/buttons/etc]

I found this unix hackery that seems to be 'the ticket' and wondering if any of you smart coders know a way to convert this to the windows world?
    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/inde...t-1854600.html

:)

cognus, Feb 8, 2016
  2. Toya_999 Win User

Surface book touchpad

I am the proud owner of the latest Surface book. But the noise of the touchpad when an action is confirmed is driving me crazy, Is there a way that we can reduce this cranky noise.

thank you

Toya

Toya_999, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Nikwhoo Win User
    Windows 10: How do I turn off touchpad while using mouse?

As far as the Microsoft Surface Pro many of you are having trouble with follow these steps:

• Click on the windows icon.
    • Click on the settings icon.
    • Choose Devices (Bluetooth, printers, mouse).
    • Look in the left-side column, click on Touchpad.
    • Now you may choose to turn your touchpad off.
    • However, make sure the box below is unchecked before you turn it off, to keep the touchpad off when your mouse is connected.

I hope these steps were helpful, saved you some time, and reduced your stress level.

Take care!!!

Nikwhoo, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

Hacking touchpad to reduce surface area??

1. Hacking touchpad to reduce surface area?? - Similar Threads - Hacking touchpad reduce

2. Adjust touchpad usable area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust touchpad usable area: I have an Asus touchpad which uses a Elan USB\VID_043F touchpad. Random laptops I've had over the years have had settings to adjust the usable touch area which weren't much use due the small size of the touchpads. Now, for some reason, manufacturers make touchpads that span...
  3. Adjust touchpad usable area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust touchpad usable area: I have an Asus touchpad which uses a Elan USB\VID_043F touchpad. Random laptops I've had over the years have had settings to adjust the usable touch area which weren't much use due the small size of the touchpads. Now, for some reason, manufacturers make touchpads that span...
  4. Touchpad for Surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad for Surface: My cursor on the Touchpad for Surface does not work well. The cursor disappears most of the time or does not move when I use touchpad. I have tried every suggestion I found. This is relatively new. The keyboard works fine....
  5. Surface Pro touchpad

Surface Pro touchpad: My Surface Pro is the best machine I have owned. I have a MS magnetic attached keyboard, and the touch-pad is automatically deactivated when the mouse USB connector is plugged in. I would like the luxury of being able to switch the touch-pad off and on from a Desktop app,...
  6. Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2: My touchpad stopped working after a few months. I think it is the I2C HID Device that is the cause [ATTACH] I have tried to uninstall the driver and the restart the computer and in the beginning it worked but then after a while I got the same error again. But now it...
  7. Reduce Sensitivity on Presicion Touchpad gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reduce Sensitivity on Presicion Touchpad gestures: Three finger slide gesture to change apps is way too sensitive. Have to slowly slide fingers to hit the windows I actually want to open when I have more than 2 windows/apps open, if not it slides all the way to last app in the list. Any way to adjust the sensitivity? Thanks....
  8. Reduce Notification Icons area size(bug).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reduce Notification Icons area size(bug).: So, I had this bug today with the Notifications Icons area that was "huge" compared with the icon, tried a few thing before get it back to "normal". Don't know if this is a new thing or if you guys already encounter it before. bug version - 100% Scale, 1920x1080. [img]...
  9. Surface Pen Battery Hack

Surface Pen Battery Hack: If you're like me and you own a Surface Pro 3, and have had it about a year, chances are that you're just now or already have experienced the AAAA battery the stylus requires is dying. AAAA batteries aren't exactly common in the US at least where I live, and aren't cheap...
  10. Is there a way to edit the button mapping area of a touchpad?

Is there a way to edit the button mapping area of a touchpad?: So, In Ubuntu there is a pretty direct way to edit the characteristics of a touchpad. Problem is that I'm running Windows 10 anniversary and I just picked up an MSI GS-60 002 Ghost Pro Skylake and I simply can't get used to using the offset position of the touchpad... I...