Windows 10: Had BSOD upon computer start

Discus and support Had BSOD upon computer start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i had a BSOD upon computer startup, not sure what caused it my diagnostics says it was norton but i'm kind of suspicion on this as i have never had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tonyb, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Tonyb Win User

Had BSOD upon computer start

So i had a BSOD upon computer startup, not sure what caused it my diagnostics says it was norton but i'm kind of suspicion on this as i have never had a issue with all the years i have used it, i collected the info from your own diagnostics collection tools, if you need any more info then that has collected do let me know. i only hope it was not norton i use it as its free from comcast and i like all the tools it has, and i have never noticed a performance hit from it.

:)

Tonyb, Feb 16, 2016
  2. Cq59 Win User

Adding User Errors

Ok, tried everything I could find and finally decided to drastic recovery options -

Restore Point - received System Thread
    Exception
    Not Handled Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) on startup, so did a safe boot but only had a couple restore points.

Ran Start Up repair and received the same BSOD upon startup

Ran System Restore, and Fresh Start both saving files and clean install, upon restart same BSOD.

Any suggestions?

3. BMerson Win User
    Windows 10 Blue screen of Death computer restart perjury

I'm not sure what caused the crash. It was upon opening the computer that I was greeted with the BSOD. I was using the laptop the day before and I was using iTunes. I did leave the program running and when I went to use the computer once more, BSOD.
    This is the only thing I had running. An Internet window may have been open but I don't believe so. Mozilla Firefox.

BMerson, Feb 16, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Tonyb,

Unfortunately the cause is Norton, BUT if a crash only happens once then you have nothing to worry *Smile

Driver Reference Table - BHDrvx64.sys
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 135, {ffffffffc0000005, ffffd0006cc8c7d0, fffff800d8b8f5d0, ffffc00127886100} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BHDrvx64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BHDrvx64.sys Probably caused by : BHDrvx64.sys ( BHDrvx64+e8c3f ) MachineOwner[/quote]

5. Tonyb Win User
    ugh so it was it looks like i will contact Symantec and see if they have a fix for this norton .sys file thanks for the speedy reply *Smile

Tonyb, Feb 17, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    As I mentioned, if there is no other bluescreen you don't have to do anything *Smile
    If bluescreens occur only once Windows handles it.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Had BSOD upon computer start - Similar Threads - BSOD upon computer

2. My Computer Had BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Had BSOD: recently my computer always bluescreening everytime i playing games i tried to reinstalling my windows but it didn't workand got so many bugcheck like: The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b, 0x000000d1, The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 etccan someone help me? here's my minidump:...
  3. My Computer Had BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Had BSOD: recently my computer always bluescreening everytime i playing games i tried to reinstalling my windows but it didn't workand got so many bugcheck like: The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b, 0x000000d1, The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 etccan someone help me? here's my minidump:...
  4. My Computer Had BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer stuck on black screen upon start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on black screen upon start up: I use an old Windows 7 computer to mainly game on.. but I moved to a new house & was trying to connect to wifi & couldn’t access the option to connect wirelessly so I ran into a thread on here with directions that would reset the network system & upon doing that, I now get a...
  6. Computer stuck on black screen upon start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on black screen upon start up: I use an old Windows 7 computer to mainly game on.. but I moved to a new house & was trying to connect to wifi & couldn’t access the option to connect wirelessly so I ran into a thread on here with directions that would reset the network system & upon doing that, I now get a...
  7. Mouse and keyboard turns on, then off upon starting computer

Mouse and keyboard turns on, then off upon starting computer: Hi,While I was using my computer, it started running a little slower than usual. I then decided to restart the computer, hoping it would fix the issue. Upon restarting the computer, my keyboard, mouse and my wireless adaptor for my headset stopped working; didn't help...
  8. BSOD upon starting up Computer

BSOD upon starting up Computer: DESKTOP-V91V1BR-(2020-08-24_20-45-38).zip Windows 10 Version 2004 163173
  9. New computer gives BSOD upon starting & won't repair or reset

New computer gives BSOD upon starting & won't repair or reset: I got a new laptop, an Acer E15, a few weeks ago late November 2019. it worked for about a week before my file explorer, google chrome, and settings menu stopped working and it gave me a blue screen of death when I tried to restart. it repaired itself and worked for a couple...
  10. BSOD upon computer start up

BSOD upon computer start up: Hey, I recently got a "Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area" upon start-up of my machine. This is not the first blue-screen I've gotten recently so I thought I'd post my log here. Unfortunately, I don't know how to re-create the problem. I've attached the output of the Beta Log...