Windows 10: Had internet turned off and did the update and shutdown process.

Discus and support Had internet turned off and did the update and shutdown process. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night I had my internet off while I was playing a game and forgot to turn it back on when i went to shutdown my laptop to do an update. It seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarkRules99, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Had internet turned off and did the update and shutdown process.

Last night I had my internet off while I was playing a game and forgot to turn it back on when i went to shutdown my laptop to do an update. It seemed like it was able to do the update just fine but this morning when i went to boot it up it gave me a black screen for about 10-20 minutes. I had to force shutdown of the laptop and boot it back up when I bring it back up it does the rest of the update but when i finish logging in. I cut my wifi back on and when i go to turn it off again It keeps saying that it needs to do a update and restart and never goes away no matter how many times shut it down and bring it back up.

So i was wondering could that be a problem from me for not having my wifi on when it did the update, and i am hoping that there is a way to fix it.

:)

DarkRules99, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Honey Win User

How to Schedule Auto shutdown when internet get disconnected?

thanks alot for effort, it would defenetly work but i got problem in one step,
    when i set action to run a program, i select "shutdown" and nothing happens. how to shutdown ?

Honey, Aug 18, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Had internet turned off and did the update and shutdown process.

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Had internet turned off and did the update and shutdown process.

1. Had internet turned off and did the update and shutdown process. - Similar Threads - internet turned off

2. core did not turn off after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    core did not turn off after shutdown: Hi everyone, I just notice that my core did not turn off after shutdown because I checked my core's uptime. A restart does make the core turn off though. Is this a feature or a bug and does it affect my laptop performance?...
  3. core did not turn off after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    core did not turn off after shutdown: Hi everyone, I just notice that my core did not turn off after shutdown because I checked my core's uptime. A restart does make the core turn off though. Is this a feature or a bug and does it affect my laptop performance?...
  4. Had to turn off S-Mode to allow manufacturer updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to turn off S-Mode to allow manufacturer updates: My new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 S had been working fine for several months, then the keyboard and touchpad began acting crazy - either not functioning at all or behaving as if all the keys were reprogrammed. Restarts corrected this, but the problem increased in frequency...
  5. Had to turn off S-Mode to allow manufacturer updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had to turn off S-Mode to allow manufacturer updates: My new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 S had been working fine for several months, then the keyboard and touchpad began acting crazy - either not functioning at all or behaving as if all the keys were reprogrammed. Restarts corrected this, but the problem increased in frequency...
  6. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?: I already change it all to never. but everytime i left my laptop maybe in 3-4 hours, it always auto shutdown. Can somebody help?i already try command prompt "shutdown -a" and nothing changei used to download something and i left my laptop.. but this is very annoying. Please...
  7. Every update turns off my internet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every update turns off my internet connection?: (Windows 10 Home x64, v2004) Every time a Windows update occurs, my Internet connection is lost. I have to restart a second time to bring it back. This only happens on one machine ("First PC" in System Specs). Is there a way to fix this, or is it something I have to live...
  8. My internet is turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet is turning off: Okay so, I have a windows 10 and its fine its just that whenever I connect to the internet it works for a while before it says lost connection and I have to disconnect and reconnect all over again (The internet it always on though) as im writing this the internet has gone off...
  9. Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?: I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the startup sound), but also replace it as well since I believe by default, there is no startup sound in Windows 10. However,...
  10. I want shutdown but NOT turn off...

in Windows 10 Support
    I want shutdown but NOT turn off...: Hello all. Wondered if anyone can help. Back in the day when you shutdown Windows it would shut down and wait patiently for you to turn the power off. Nowadays, you shutdown and the machine will turn itself off. ACPI and all that Which is great. But I have a...