Windows 10: Had issues trying to update Gateway computer...did get it to update

Discus and support Had issues trying to update Gateway computer...did get it to update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 4 computers and have a gateway that has been giving me problems updating since fall creator update. It took me weeks to finally get it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by peterf2, May 6, 2018.

1. peterf2 Win User

Had issues trying to update Gateway computer...did get it to update

I have 4 computers and have a gateway that has been giving me problems updating since fall creator update. It took me weeks to finally get it to update. When the spring update came out, was able to get three updated without a problem, but once again the gateway would get to 82% and freeze. after restarting it would go back to previous build. Went to some forums to see if anything new showed up. There was a post that mentioned problems with certain wifi adapters. I did have a wifi adapter, but used hard wired network. So I removed adapter, and tried one more time. When the update said it was ready to restart, I turned off my norton firewall, and removed all usb cables except for mouse and removed network cable and hit restart. I watched as it loaded. Checked back periodically to see if it locked up and needed restart. To my surprise it went all the way to end without freezing. Now I have the computer with current update working. I was afraid my gateway and reached the end of life since it wasnt on list of updatable gateways. SinFce I don't need the wi fi on computer, I just left it off and hopefully it will continue to update. If you have been having problems trying to get you update to complete, and you have a wifi adapter attached, try removing it and then update.

:)

peterf2, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Had issues trying to update Gateway computer...did get it to update

1. Had issues trying to update Gateway computer...did get it to update - Similar Threads - issues trying update

2. How to update a windows 8 gateway computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update a windows 8 gateway computer: Microsoft this is windows 8 I got it in 2012 on JuneI want to update it but back before the end support the update to windows 8.1 didn't appear I also searched on the official site for downloads but it just said "Device doesn't support this windows version" on each update of...
  3. How to update a windows 8 gateway computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to update a windows 8 gateway computer: Microsoft this is windows 8 I got it in 2012 on JuneI want to update it but back before the end support the update to windows 8.1 didn't appear I also searched on the official site for downloads but it just said "Device doesn't support this windows version" on each update of...
  4. Gateway computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway computer: My gateway computer will not boot up keeps saying something about windows not installing properly and I need to contact support but everywhere is so busy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gateway-computer/176d2fd9-835f-4844-99c1-dc938013171b
  5. Gateway computer

Gateway computer: My gateway computer will not boot up keeps saying something about windows not installing properly and I need to contact support but everywhere is so busy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gateway-computer/176d2fd9-835f-4844-99c1-dc938013171b
  6. Gateway computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Getting an issue with updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an issue with updates: When I try updating my Windows 11 Dev Channel to build 25163 from build 25151, I am unable to do so. After 7 or 8% of Downloading, it shows an error like this:Kindly help me with the issue...
  8. Getting an issue with updates

Getting an issue with updates: When I try updating my Windows 11 Dev Channel to build 25163 from build 25151, I am unable to do so. After 7 or 8% of Downloading, it shows an error like this:Kindly help me with the issue...
  9. Still did not get May update !!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still did not get May update !!: I tried many times to press on the button "check for updates" but I get that i have latest updates !! version 1809 . is that normal and I should wait ? also a friend just told me couple of days that he get it !! 134210
  10. Still did not get May update !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Still did not get May update !!: I tried many times to press on the button "check for updates" but I get that i have latest updates !! version 1809 . is that normal and I should wait ? also a friend just told me couple of days that he get it !! 134210

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Should my Gateway I-5 computer be able to handle latest windows updates (Oct 2018)?

2. what happened to gateway computersupdate

3. Can i still get updates for my Gateway computer