Windows 10: Had malware virus infection, now I'm a Built-in Administrator(?)

Discus and support Had malware virus infection, now I'm a Built-in Administrator(?) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I suffered an infection yesterday from some soft of Malware/Virus, I believe that I managed to remove the offending program with a bunch of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Synthetica, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Had malware virus infection, now I'm a Built-in Administrator(?)

Hi all,

I suffered an infection yesterday from some soft of Malware/Virus, I believe that I managed to remove the offending program with a bunch of scans from Malwarebytes, SpyBot, AVG, Panda and BitDefender (I went overboard but wanted to make sure my system is clean).

Now I'm trying to open a photo from Skype and get the following message:

I've check the system and my account is the only account on the machine, I used to be able to open photos etc. Now I can't.

Any advice of help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

Synthetica, Jan 11, 2016

2. Error 0x8000ffff - Problem tring to update Windows 10

It seems that the PC was infected, although I have Bitdefender fully active.

After a full system scan, I'm now updating Windows 10 again.

Thanks!

JR de Haro, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Computer has its own mind

See SpiritX's reply and let me add another two points:

1. No Anti-virus is perfect. Even if it were perfect when you last did an update to it (it wasn't because no Anti-virus is perfect ), it wouldn't be perfect the next day, because new viruses hit the streets every day. So you could be infected with a virus.

2. A virus is only one kind of malware. Even if you had no viruses, you could be infected with another kind of malware, for example a worm, trojan horse, etc.

I'm not say you are infected, only that you should not rule out the possibility.

Ken Blake, Jan 11, 2016
  4. Had malware virus infection, now I'm a Built-in Administrator(?)

There is a new update for Skype version 7.18.0.103
    Also skype might also have become infected
    What I would do is uninstall Skype
    I had trouble if Skype not long ago
    Uninstalled it
    Then went to C drive
    All users
    Found the skype folder
    Deleted everything in it
    Then went to store
    Apps found Skype
    Reinstalled it and it has worked ok ever since
    Lost none of my contacts once I resigned in with my Microsoft Account details and password
    Hope the above has helped you somewhat
    Get back to us if you have anymore questions will do best to help

hTconeM9user, Jan 11, 2016
  5. Thanks for the advice. I've sorted it now.

I restore my machine to an earlier point as my %userapps% file wasn't there at all.

Now all seems fine. I'm still scanning it like crazy though.

Synth

Synthetica, Jan 11, 2016
  6. Ok as long as you are all good
    Just make sure you keep Skype updated

hTconeM9user, Jan 11, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    System restore is always the first line of attack whenever you have issue, most of the time.
    Also, have the habit of creating system image backup in regular basis, say once every week.

You will find system image backup if you open File History.
    If you need to know more about system image backup, please post back.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Had malware virus infection, now I'm a Built-in Administrator(?)

1. Had malware virus infection, now I'm a Built-in Administrator(?) - Similar Threads - malware virus infection

2. I'm infected with Fractureiser virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm infected with Fractureiser virus: This is a Minecraft mod that I download a month ago, I did not realised it has virus after I download it. I left my laptop for 3 week and came back with 200+ malware/virus inside my laptop. Apparently it is a Fracturereiser virus. "If left unchecked, fractureiser can be...
  3. I'm infected with Fractureiser virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm infected with Fractureiser virus: This is a Minecraft mod that I download a month ago, I did not realised it has virus after I download it. I left my laptop for 3 week and came back with 200+ malware/virus inside my laptop. Apparently it is a Fracturereiser virus. "If left unchecked, fractureiser can be...
  4. I'm infected with Fractureiser virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus: I was just using my PC until it suddenly restarted, I thought it was a simple malfunction until I saw that it had been rebooted into Windows 10 Safe Mode I am using Windows 10 OSI am trying to access basic Windows 10 functions that should still work in Safe Mode such as the...
  6. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus: I was just using my PC until it suddenly restarted, I thought it was a simple malfunction until I saw that it had been rebooted into Windows 10 Safe Mode I am using Windows 10 OSI am trying to access basic Windows 10 functions that should still work in Safe Mode such as the...
  7. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

8. Computer infected with Trojan Virus and Malware

Computer infected with Trojan Virus and Malware: My computer has a problem as it has been infected with Trojan virus and malware and adware as well and the keys are not working the desktop icons are not appearing and I can't use the desktop itself and even the local C drive is also affected in user data now how to repair...
  9. Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?

Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?: Hello, a few days ago my credit card has been compromised, I thought maybe because I turn on credit card autofill in Microsoft Edge but when I entered my Microsoft Account panel "https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=MeControl" I noticed an attention mark on the URL bar when a...
  10. [HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus

[HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus: I have a newly bought laptop, an Acer Aspire E 15. What that lead me to think that I'm infected is because when I tried to visit my Windows folder (because I was searching for 'SystemApps' folder to disable Cortana) I saw random weird files with random names and all of the...