Windows 10: Had to reset my computer and lost Windows 10

Discus and support Had to reset my computer and lost Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer (which had Windows 10) crashed and I had to completely reinstall Windows starting with Windows 8. I have just finished putting Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BRKING, Mar 12, 2016.

1. BRKING Win User

Had to reset my computer and lost Windows 10

My computer (which had Windows 10) crashed and I had to completely reinstall Windows starting with Windows 8. I have just finished putting Windows 8.1 on my pc but now can't figure out how to get 10 back. Advice???

:)

BRKING, Mar 12, 2016

2. I had to factory reset my computer, but lost my Windows 10 (it reverted to Windows8). Is there a way I can get Windows 10 for free, since I previously had it?

You sure can, just go to the
    Download Windows 10 webpage
    and download it again. You can do it direct, or you can use the "download tool now" to download a tool
    that helps you create your own installer CD or USB stick.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 12, 2016
  3. I had to factory reset my computer, but lost my Windows 10 (it reverted to Windows8). Is there a way I can get Windows 10 for free, since I previously had it?

I had to factory reset my computer, but lost my Windows 10 (it reverted to Windows8). Is there a way I can get Windows 10 for free again, since I previously had it?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jason Pitts - The Bellum Group, Mar 12, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Mar 12, 2016
  5. Wullail Win User
    You should have been able to do a clean install of Windows 10 without re-installing 8 and 8.1

Wullail, Mar 12, 2016
  6. BRKING Win User
    nope. It started back with the original software that was on the computer when I bought it which was Windows 8

BRKING, Mar 12, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    To do a clean install, you create a bootable usb stick using link below, boot from it and skip key entry.

Windows 10

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Had to reset my computer and lost Windows 10 - Similar Threads - reset computer lost

2. My computer is reset but I lost my license key!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is reset but I lost my license key!: I reset the computer and then I lost my license keyand than I like activate it but I don’t have a license key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-reset-but-i-lost-my-license-key/226fbc2f-0b9e-4e1e-8690-95b334d363e2
  3. My computer is reset but I lost my license key!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is reset but I lost my license key!: I reset the computer and then I lost my license keyand than I like activate it but I don’t have a license key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-reset-but-i-lost-my-license-key/226fbc2f-0b9e-4e1e-8690-95b334d363e2
  4. I had minecraft on my computer. I had to factory reset my computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I had minecraft on my computer. I had to factory reset my computer.: Now minecraft isn't showing up in my library or under my purchases please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-minecraft-on-my-computer-i-had-to-factory/82edb4e1-694e-4a9e-a0f2-cd3450c09434
  5. I had to hard reset my PC and lost my product key for Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I had to hard reset my PC and lost my product key for Windows 10 Pro: So my computer crashed and I couldn't get anything to work so I had to wipe it. I bought a physical usb version of Windows 10 pro quite a few years back. I still have the box the usb came in. I couldn't find any 25 character keys anywhere on it or in it, so I'm assuming it...
  6. I had a problem resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I had a problem resetting my computer.: I tried to fully reset my PC, it took about 16 hours to reach 99% and after 5 hours at 99% I tried to power it off and on again. It was trying to install windows on a blue screen and after 30 minutes at 5% I powered it off again and now my PC restarts, shows an error saying...
  7. Had to reset computer and lost Windows 10. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had to reset computer and lost Windows 10. How do I get it back?: My old gaming desktop has been inactive for a couple years and in that time something about my system completely failed and I had to reset it to factory. It's running great now but factory was Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 during their free period and now I'm wondering...
  8. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.: i had to reset my computer and it reinstall windows 8. How do i get back to Windows 10 Build 1607? i was one of the firstpeople to download and use Windows 10, becauise of its size and running effeciency comparisions to Windows XP. i believe i had the update(beta maybe...
  9. i tried to reset my windows 10 as my computer had become painfully slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i tried to reset my windows 10 as my computer had become painfully slow: i tried to reset my windows 10 as my computer had become painfully slow , thought id start from scratch. It now just sits and spins says its starting to get things ready but doesnt progress passed this point. Now it will load a browser but wont go to any sites. It says its...
  10. I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10

I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10: I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/0d1d2eae-c526-4763-83c3-24f7a490d9a7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i had windows 10 but reset my computer

2. had windows 10 but reset computer

3. i had to restore my computer lost windows 10

4. i had windows 10 but had to reset pc,
  5. i had windows 10 but had to factory reset,
  6. i had windows 10 and its gone,
  7. restored laptop lost windows 10,
  8. reset computer and lost windows 10,
  9. I had to reset my computer and lost windows 10,
  10. had to reset computer lost windows 10,
  11. i had microsoft home on my laptop before factory reset,